druvi_newspaper.png

SJzY2Y7.png

In today's Issue;
  • World Update
  • Top 6 Alliance Interviews
  • Weekly Stats
  • Fun Section

AEuOwZw.png
A week has gone by in Olynthus and already we see players having conquest.Not a Surprise though.Most players tend to use Gold at the early stages of a world just to get on top.So the past week hasn't been that interesting,BP ended and we can see the Top alliance gain ABP real quick.Already because of the low cap we can see alliances with academy/sister alliances.Few alliances have already disbanded.So nothing really happening because it's just the very early stages of the world.

LnIcJs2.png

The following top 6 alliances were from 2014-05-04.Also 2 alliances have not yet submitted their replies sadly so it's just the Top 4 Alliance interviews.

1. Is your alliance a pre-made or did you mass recruit in game?
    ZUES had returned said:
    The alliance is both premade and recruiting, they were members who I joined this world with and which alot brought friends over. But alot were recruited, in which I believe I am lucky to have such great experience and great teamwork in. The members so far are amazing, they all know what they're doing, So I guess with the recruiting side very lucky to have so many great members near us.
  2. Tell us a bit about your self,your grepo experience etc.Tell us a bit about your alliance members too.Are they all new players?
    ZUES had returned said:
    Im ZUES, addicted Grepolis player. I've been playing for 4 years, Been in many alliances, most famous of them are like Project Venom Confederate States and Venom 2.0, also led any alliances like the Nordic Nightmares which was 1 in everything.
    The members are also very experience, every player knows what they're doing. They're will be a new player or two, but every alliance will have them, but they'll learn quickly, with 34+ members who know what they're doing, knowledge and advice isn't short.
  3. What do you think about this world setting?Good enough?
    ZUES had returned said:
    The world settings are awesome, speed 2 is great, not to fast, nor to slow.
  4. BP has ended already.What do you plan to do now?Grow as a alliance 1st before engaging in any early wars or do you have other plans?
    ZUES had returned said:
    Plan? I can't really say much :p Just get to conquest ;)
  5. Which alliances do you see as a threat?
    ZUES had returned said:
    Starfighters and Nordic Warriors as both seem to have a strong core, great leadership and great members.
Question of the Week: Do you think it is necessary to actually have a academy/sister/brother alliance?Yes the alliance cap inno sets sometimes might require it but do you really think it is necessary?Why do founders/councils always want to have higher numbers and try to win worlds?
ZEUS had returned said:
No, quality of quantity any day. I've been in alliances in a war where they had 10 members for every 1 we had. We still came out of top, so with the right players and leadership, numbers doesn't mean a thing.
I think founder/councils want to have higher numbers as they believe Safety in Numbers or the more members, the more damage they can do which we all know, is not the case

Seraphios said:
    Premade. There has been no recruiting ingame, and the alliance is now at the max.
  2. Tell us a bit about your self,your grepo experience etc.Tell us a bit about your alliance members too.Are they all new players?
    Seraphios said:
    I have played this game since 2010 under various ign's. I am quite experienced and have done some research into core aspects of the game, such as timing algorithms.

The alliance (Nordic Warriors) is a group from Finland, almost all experienced, who have played very successfully on Finnish servers, with some experience on en, although I don't have specifics. Personally I am new to the group but I fit in because I speak Finnish, though I do not live in Finland.
    Seraphios said:
    The settings are fine for me, I prefer conquest over revolt, and I do not care for morale; but these things are a matter of personal time more than anything. The less time you have to give the game, the slower the game speed needs to be.
  4. BP has ended already.What do you plan to do now?Grow as a alliance 1st before engaging in any early wars or do you have other plans?
    Seraphios said:
    Balance-- and other plans but we're not saying. Early game, pick some fights but not so many that growth bogs down. This is very early game and in 10 weeks the rankings will be almost unrecognizable: leading alliances will have disbanded or will disappear through mergers -- new alliances with the aim of creating a selective elite may be formed. We will select pact partners selectively.
    Seraphios said:
    Impossible to say-- or, I don't want to say because I do have ideas about that, but I don't want to give alliances who are threats the added advantage of "grep buzz" because more than half of grep power is pure perception: a reputation will attract. Of the top ten currently, several are noob alliances, and those are unlikely to remain dominant; several alliances are weakened by the fact that their membership is cobbled together in the server or not consistently experienced. I know players in several high ranked alliances.. not naming any names, but the server will be competitive.
Question of the Week: Do you think it is necessary to actually have a academy/sister/brother alliance?Yes the alliance cap inno sets sometimes might require it but do you really think it is necessary?Why do founders/councils always want to have higher numbers and try to win worlds?
Seraphios said:
Yes I do think sister alliances are needed. Forty players is not enough to win a world or even to survive - unless we can establish pacts that work so closely that in effect the two or three core pact members operate as one "virtual alliance" of 120. You are right in one way though: It's not about the number of players, it is about the territory, the reputation and about actual dominance. Remember also the 80/20 rule- the Pareto Principle: 20% of the players in any alliance do 80% of the work. That would mean that an alliance of 40 people is actually driven by only 8 players who are totally active, participating, leading, inspiring, setting the example, doing the difficult things. In any alliance more than half the members are along for the ride. But eight players is not enough to win.. you actually need about 30. I could get into the math of that but you didn't ask me about that.

TheDaughterOfHera said:
    Yes we are premade I have messaged a few people from Nysa to join me in this world to lead an alliance here in Olynthus! The Alliance Ctrl-Alt-Elite was formed by a member in my alliance who asked me to be apart of leadership as he was a brand new player I accepted and took over the alliance for him as I have Leadership Exp....
    TheDaughterOfHera said:
    I have played In Nysa, Mocholos, Hermonassa, Euba, Dyme, and Omega :) I have The experience But I Prefer Revolt worlds.... :) My alliance members came from BLOOD CROWN in Nysa they were successful but very defensive I hope to change that....
    TheDaughterOfHera said:
    This world setting is a little stingy in my opinion... Why link a 40 capped world next to a 50 capped world I think they need to mix it up abit more! :)
    TheDaughterOfHera said:
    We plan to gain as much city's as possible in NW of O55 and NE of 45 This will enable us to create a strong core! in which no body will be able to crack! as we will have the support to gain High DBP and ABP when attacking enemy city takeovers....
    TheDaughterOfHera said:
    None... As its still too early to tell, id like to have an idea of an alliance but at the minute not one of them intimidate us!
TheDaughterOfHera said:
Our strategy was that we had so many people with experience wanting to join... so The leadership decided to have one temporary sister alliance to see how they preform after 6 weeks has passed we will merge the best members together to create 1 elite unit! This will enable us to grow stronger not for the numbers we believe its best to have them with us than against us that was after we asses them we will all work together as 1 team..... The saying quality not quantity :)....

cole0921 said:
    Me and my friend Ohians recruited dedicated players
    that are experienced players that stay active daily,we soon got applications from
    many players.
    cole0921 said:
    Most of are players are well known in grepo. There's also some fairly new players
    but have proved to be excellent at understanding the alliance requirements. They
    communicate,Support and help keep the alliance strong and fierce
    cole0921 said:
    The speed is slower but wouldn't mind it if it was 3.
    cole0921 said:
    We don't plan to go to war for nothing we stand fearless,strong and trustful.
    cole0921 said:
cole0921 said:
yes,The more the members the more mass req. for alliances to form

Our diplimas and leaders-

Ohians
barneys army
HeirOfGaming
Arne Thoralf
Wouter Van Malcot
LightningZiggy
For "Legion of Demons" "Legion of Demons II" "Legion of Demons III"

IVPfBTZ.png

8h5OH8P.png
YdEA2cd.png
5CxCDvF.png
ClMyVVy.png
eey6SXS.png

KIm7Anq.png

VbHFJTA.png

Okay so simple.Pick a number from 1-25(only 1 number per player)
And in next weeks edition i shall pick a number randomly and whoever had chosen that number gets a prize
This Weeks Prize

1 Happines + 12 Weddings

Sorry gryg you were taking too long:p
i know it's not much guys but it's a work in progress,worlds still new so got plenty time to add more sections etc..
Dont forget to take part in the damn comp!:p
+rep's appreciated
HOPE YOU'LL ENJOY!!!
Thanks [user]XtcMax[/user] for the banner

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser31302

good work, contact me for number 6

DeletedUser

Are you going to just interview the top alliances or will you do some of the lower ranked alliances as well?

DeletedUser30490

for now top 12 alliances but i plan on looking out for alliances who fly under the radar and interview them...
Alot more to come just be patient:p

Thanks btw everyone:)

DeletedUser21990

Nice newspaper I would +rep you but I need to spread it around more.
Number 19 for me please.

DeletedUser20492

Good Job!

EDIT: You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Druvi again.

DeletedUser

for now top 12 alliances but i plan on looking out for alliances who fly under the radar and interview them...
Alot more to come just be patient:p

Thanks btw everyone:)

You're going to be really busy then.

Keep it up.

DeletedUser

13? That's mine

Sorry about not replying, I was going to, and then BOOM! power cut :D
No internet for 4 hours *shudder*

I'll get one done for next week, and +rep, it looks amazing.

(grr... You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Druvi again.)

DeletedUser16696

Aye, he gave it a go :)

Give him atleast a LITTLE bit of credit, obviously not the best i've seen, but nether the less a good one at least! It's only just the start, nothing really to talk about as it's early. I guarantee that in a months time this paper will be x10 what it is now:)

Druvi never disappoints :)

DeletedUser37948

meh
have you ever heard of the space bar and its magical power?
how bout doing some actual research and do the questions based on that rather than asking simple questions everyone knows the answer to
and you call that a "fun" section
no offense mate but you should quit

if your trying to be ironic you should make it a bit clearer and if your being serious you should no better

nice job druvi look forwards to your next issue
smiley_emoticons_hecheln.gif