Newspaper Olynthus World News .2

DeletedUser

own.png

Early Release
This Week’s Headliner Stories

Not Letting UP
2 v 2

Not Letting up
Phalanx continues move against the joint Invictus and The White Death and The Horsemen. Them and their sister alliance Testudo have now teamed up with project darkness that borders the west of o74. Right in the Horsemens way. It is apparent that they would love to stop both the Horsemen and The White Death at the same time but is Project Darkness strong enough to do that? Both sides have made some moves but the main action is between the core of the war. Phalanx and Testudo vs. The White Death and Invictus. Phalanx is not letting up on the enemy. Over the beginning of this war the tally is already 19 cities gained for phalanx and get this, only 2 cities gained for The White Death. I decided to get some more information about this so I have talked with the founder of Phalanx.
[SUB]
Do you have any major updates on the battles.
I'm actually in the middle of launching on a TWD city now. TWD has launched a few CSs at our cities, but they seem to be mainly concerned with moving some of their bigger players toward the front line. Many of their players are swapping cities in SE65 and SW75.
What would you say to them if anything.
I think we were a bit disappointed that when war was declared there was not an immediate response from them, but it seemed with Pramsey in VM there was no one to direct them. Now with Pramsey back I'm sure we will see a bit more fight out of them.
How confident in winning this war are you?
I'm confident in my team. Many of them I played with in Delos, and we have some very good and active fighters. We were also lucky enough to pick up the most active of those from the collapse of Underworld Rising. Soul.Fire and Thebageldeli, to name a few, immediately made an impact and are a big part of this alliance's success. I personally think it is a bit early to make a prediction as to the outcome of the war, but I assure you my team will fight til the end.

As of now the tally is:
Phalanx]/Testudo - 19
The White Death/Invictus- 2

If this trend continues I think anyone can see who will win the war.
[/SUB]
As of right now I am willing to put all of my bets on Phalanx winning but I do wish goodluck to The white death as this is far from over and anything could happen. I will be giving you all an update on this war two issues from now so hold on to your seats and lets turn to the next war.

2 v 2
Is it better to have defense battle points or offense battle points? Either way Nordic Warriors sit in the top 3 for both. They hold the top defense battle points so you could say that they have taken a beating but they are also number three for offense battle points so they are putting up a fight. The 2 v 2 war between Nordic warriors and TOTL VS. Rise of The Titans and Caged in my opinion is the biggest war in this whole world right now. With that being said it is also the slowest war of the world. With Caged having the recent internal problem of inactivity and TOTL having a member with 30+ cities out of the blue ghost. Nordic has 11 inactive or on vacation members while Rise of The Titans has good activity but a very low conquest gain. Rise of The Titans was the only alliance with a message to the other alliance and that is this.
Kovalevy, don’t get too comfortable in those cities. They'll be mine soon. You have to sleep some time :) joke. He is a good guy. We get along but just happen to be on the opposite sides. Won’t stop me taking his cities though lol
I think it is safe to say that they all need to fix some internal problems before they can fully attack and defend. However on this story I had a very hard time getting any material as both TOTL and Nordic wanted nothing to do with the newspaper and Caged had very little to say about what is happening. So for the very little new information on that, I am sorry. Even so, I did manage to get a little bit of info from others. Even though they are taking on Caged, their northern alliance has found time to take down a group of alliances called Prometheus, securing their cities in the north. From the best of my Knowledge I would guess that they will finish off the War Pigs next and control a horizontal line of oceans, while they deal with they war in their southern cities. I am hoping that something happens fast or for somebody to drop a couple gallons of gas onto this spark of a war.

This Week's Sub-Stories
Prometheus Has Fallen
The New Kings
Rise of The Phoenix

Prometheus Has Fallen
Well it seems like the MRA consisting of three alliances has fallen by the hand of TOTL. TOTL has taken most of their cities and then after doing that, one of the branches of Prometheus decided to change their name to TOTL III. It was speculated that TOTL took them on as an academy and that did not make me that happiest as I think that TOTL is above that. It was later confirmed that all it was, was a want to be noob group. I was happy to hear that. Since TOTL is very anti-newspaper, when I asked about this incident, I was responded with this.
Hi I would like to talk with you about the recent take over of Prometheus for the world news paper.
We don't disclose things, nor discuss things. TOTL Reborn and TOTL Reborn North have been written off time in and time out in the top 12 alliances. We let our fighting do the talking.

I have enjoyed our conversation, thank you for your time.
I would have loved to have gotten more information on this but it just looks like I will have nothing to give to you all about TOTL events anytime soon

The New Kings
It is official. Caged has fallen off and Anonymous has risen to claim the throne. Anonymous has two sister alliances but they are not academies. They all share the same forums and work together. They are fortunate and in other ways are not because they are not near they core so they are not able to rapidly grow from giant wars. They have been expanding in every direction and trying to get to some action. In my opinion, they are probably one of the most likely to win the world and create the world wonders. Why? It's simple, they have complete control of a big area with nobody to try and stop them while they also are growing towards the center to get in on the action. They will most likely move in for the action while they simply grow the world wonders back in their guarded ocean with no problem. As of now they are not in a major war but I will let you all know as soon as they begin the battle. I actually had the chance to talk to the founder about his alliance and this is it.
is your alliance completely alone, do you have a sister alliance, academy, or any pacts
There is no pact no nap no nothing. we have no academies too. we have 3 alliances with common forum at all and they are all the same -Anonymous--- ANONYMOUS -- and --- ANONYMOUS ---. Everyone is equal
who are you all currently going after or engaging in war with
ok . I will explain to you simple.. I see only blue cities, green cities the other 2 alliances we are ... and the rest cities I see ONLY RED HAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHA. THERE IS NO BROWN ONLY RED AHHAHAHHAHAHHA.i hate red
I had fun talking to him but we did get off on some tangents. He is Greek/Italian so he had a little trouble with English but overall it was really good. It always blows me away though when I talk with people from all over the world playing the same game as me and have respect for most all of the people in this game. But anyways I would like to welcome them to their throne.

Rise of The Phoenix
So here it is, the newbies to the top twelve. They are the Red Phoenix and they are steadily growing. The reason they have jumped up to the top recently is because their group of alliances have decided to put the best members into it and their sister alliance Dark Angels. Usually this does not happen until a lot closer to the world wonder era but I guess it is fine to go ahead and do it now. What happens to those who do not make the cut? Right now it is unclear. They may be taken as food to the best player or kept to grow and be an academy, not much as known yet but I will be giving you all a full cover of this story in the next article of Olynthus World News.

Question of the week
What do you think about this world
Anonymous
In this world bro for me it is very funny and easy. i played on speed 4 only .here they send cs today and arrives tomorrow hahah. Then if you look the map we are the only alliance which has no enemies I mean strong enemies. We dominate the 35 and we are moving to 36. The other big alliances I see even they are very good players and strong attackers they fight each other losing their time. Thank god Poseidon the grepo compass threw me here to begin the game. We care to keep the 34/35/36/37 line as borders and do our work safety. We have the advantage of back ups and nobody at the moment can touch us. Then we care only to merge at the end of this world with one super alliance and build the World Wonders., but at the moment as I see we are 3 steps in front of the rest. So we keep conquering the cities in 35 (I think they left only 20) and we move to 36. 25/26 we do not care. We have players there they do their work perfectly. Then our attackers move to the front lines and the rest doing their work properly. Only if we finish with these oceans then we will think to move to the center. And i am happy that all the players i serve they are loyal and have fun..
The White Death
A premade alliance has a much greater advantage in these small alliance worlds. We were not a premade. Have had several inactives but I think we have stabilized.
Rise of The Titans
This world is ok. It is picking up and becoming more fun. We may be at war with Nordic Warriors but I do have the greatest respect for them. They have good players. We are in a difficult ocean but holding our own for our size
Phalanx
I like it overall. Its a big difference from the alliance cap of 300 in Delos, but that should keep things interesting until the end. Probably see new wars from old allies once WW start.

Advertisements
This is a new section I will be adding next issue. This is for all of the alliance leaders out there. Message me ingame about what you would like me to put here. It could be anything from propaganda or an op report so you can brag a little and put down the moral of your enemies, or put out an alliance posting to get people to join. But I will not contact any of you for this. It has to be you reaching out to me. I am looking forward to this section next time.

Olympian of The Week
The Olympian of the week would have to be Angrypolarbear. He is the founder of the top alliance in the world and is the number one player. He is also in the top 3 of offense battle points and fighter battle points. Congrats Angry and keep it up.
This is a new section that will be on every addition of the paper and will be based off of growth points and battle points. Everyone is eligible for this and all alliances are welcome to send me the name of somebody that they think deserves it.

Real Life News
For this segment of Real Life News, I would just like to put my heart out to the families of the innocent people that were shot down near Russia and Ukraine flying in a passenger airline. It was a truly tragic event that I hope never happens again. I now have a request to all of the player in the world and the alliances. Please put R.I.P. Flight 17 in your bios. Thank you all. May the people of that flight rest in peace and forever be remembered.

Well guys, that is all for this weeks Olynthus World News. I hope you enjoyed it and come view the next article. There will be a slight delay for the next update as real life is calling at the moment. I would like to give shout out and a thanks to C4R105 for providing me with the banner at the top of this article as I did not have time to do it this week. And last but not least if you have any suggestions or feedback for this paper, either private message me or comment down below and reputation points are very welcome.

The next article will be available on 8/8/14

DeletedUser

Thank you, I try to take everyone's advice and incorporate it into what I create.

DeletedUser

I have been trying to get an interview with dominion rising and red phoenix but haven't had much luck, would have loved to. I will try to next article

DeletedUser21990

Your last paper was alright and managed to spark some life into the forum. But you have improved hugely! This is miles better, great job for doing it!
Love the parts about the rim alliances which I embarrassingly know little about being in the core.

DeletedUser

thanks I put a lot of work into this issue when the last one took about a day or less

DeletedUser45164

bravo bro . your newspaper becomes better and better everytime. i wish you will continue the good work and the time you spend for this.
i ve allready sent mass mail to participate all Anonymous player in forums.
respect.

DeletedUser43104

Nice newspaper...shame about the made up bits...if you want to know what really happened to Prometheus come and ask me...we certainly didnt fall to TOTL....dont give them credit for something that didnt happen..ask people that were actually involved for the facts!

TOTL reborn North took one city from us (an inactive called tautingdrop) and I personaly took one city from one of their active players (britaniaman)

1-1 ....Hardly a war...we werent even fighting them...

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser21990

Nice newspaper...shame about the made up bits...if you want to know what really happened to Prometheus come and ask me...we certainly didnt fall to TOTL....dont give them credit for something that didnt happen..ask people that were actually involved for the facts!

TOTL reborn North took one city from us (an inactive called tautingdrop) and I personaly took one city from one of their active players (britaniaman)

1-1 ....Hardly a war...we werent even fighting them...

Cut the man some slack, I have never done a newspaper but I imagine trying to collect several stories from several different oceans is extremely hard while trying to remove bias from the sources that he collects from.

That being said Prometheus fell due to the fact several alliances attacked it around the same time period which seemed to prove too much for it. I would agree with you that is was hardly a war but the fact of the matter is Prometheus fell so perhaps it was some internal issues instead? Just a guess.

Anyway you will probably have a much better picture than I as you were actually there so feel free to fill in the gaps or correct me where I am wrong :)

DeletedUser43104

Yeh carry on writing your paper...I have no problem with that...but why ask only one alliance for the facts...its no surprise they didnt reply to you! they know the truth!

We fell apart for a number of reasons, heavy battering from the North from Crimson Empire, TOTL and Warpigs in the south tickling our toes, Screamadelica who were also at the time pacted to TOTL and Warpigs (one massive team against us) and still they hardly made any inroads

The truth is we had far too many players playing for personal gain and the leadership were ignored, its funny that the minute we folded half our weaker players were taken in by TOTL...all the best players went to Crimson Empire. I was invited to The War Pigs but went where I felt I was wanted. It was the right choice as far as Im concerned. This alliance has a really good vibe about it

DeletedUser21990

Thanks for that Rich, I knew most of it already but helps clarify a few things. Not sure why my alliance hates the externals so much though lol.

DeletedUser

:eek: I can't remember, I don't think i've given them a sink in my recent ones, can't remember about my old ones

DeletedUser

Thanks for that Rich, I knew most of it already but helps clarify a few things. Not sure why my alliance hates the externals so much though lol.

We dont Hate the externals some of us are quite verbal here, But just had nothing to say this week!

Last edited by a moderator: