On a 2.0, 3x speed world, what should you build first?

DeletedUser

I am trying (obviously) to build up my polis. However, I am new to 2.0, and have never played on a world faster than speed 2 before. How should I distribute my buildings, should I loot units or resources from the villages,etc.

DeletedUser

This is what I did, its worked well for me so far.

If you are a very active player do not worry too much about building your resources, worry about clicking that farm button every 5-10 minutes.

-Build Up To Barracks
-Build Up To Academy
-Build Wall

After that build your resources to 15 timber, 10 silver, 12 quarry. Thats all you need.
Immediately after taking a new farming village start working towards the next one until you reach your 6th village.

Moving towards your villages in the beginning gets you used to building troops and pacing yourself when it comes to building and troop spending.

Because this is a Morale world, buy a few catapaults from the phonecian trader when you get the chance (research optional), this allows you to tear down the wall of the inactive on your island while minimizing your losses.

You'll want to prioritize getting revolt technology and at least 900 battlepoints before you do.

Research Architecture, this will save you an estimated 134k resources by the time you research Revolt. Build your Senate to level 21, then research Crane. Build Academy to revolt while researching other necessary technology.

I reccomend focusing exclusivley on Academy and Warehouse till you reach level 28 academy. Save harbor for last. Once it comes time to build harbor worship posideon, for 25 favor he gives you 800 wood, on a speed 3 server that comes quick.

Sorry for any misspellings for confusing statements. Typed this in a rush, will edit when given the chance.

DeletedUser

This world is way to fast for me,i am thinking to quit...

DeletedUser

Thanks TaskCo.
Should I get resources to build my own troops, or just loot them of my villages? I just took my 4th village using conscripted slingers, but 60 swordsmen sound scary.

I am at senate 9, farm 5, and baracks 2, so I think maybe I should take resources to build farm and baracks, because then I can build an academy. Or is the city wall/cave more urgent (as I can build both, but haven't).
I doubt it will make a difference long term, I'm merely intrigued by the strategy needed at the start.

On a different topic, is it worth founding a city, or should I steal someone elses?

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
Conquering a city is almost always more beneficial. There are only like two or three scenarios in which founding is better and even then it's debatable whether it's the better option. A founded city is like 750 points automatically but you can conquer a city that is worth far more points

DeletedUser

Don't demand soldiers from your villages, ever. And use any means possible for pacing your buildings and troops. Could be that your island is full of turtles who stack defensive troops, making farming them inefficient.

To take your next city use 31 hoplights, the game gives you a hint as to what is best to use against a certain type of enemy. The farming villages are somewhat an interactive tutorial.

DeletedUser

Don't demand soldiers from your villages, ever.

Why not? I found it very helpful in taking village 4. Swordsmen attacking slingers never end well, so I conscripted 12 slingers of my own, and killed 60 of the enemy and only lost 4 of my own. If I had not, it would have been a war of attrition that would have killed most of my army. Is there some catch I am not aware of?

DeletedUser22650

maybe you found one of the few times its worth using, i was told you get more troops by taking the res and building them yourself, which makes sense because takes longer, i still havent tried asking for troops

DeletedUser

It is more efficient to research the units you need and request the resources steadily over a period of time. Because demanding slingers and hoplights are a 12 hour demand, thats 12 hours you can't farm. If you spend 1-2 hours logged in daily it is more resource efficient to simply request resources every 5-10 minutes and build your troops that way.

DeletedUser

First thing:
Build sword nuke

Second thing:
Build archer nuke

Third thing:
Build wall

Fourth thing:
Build Tower

Fifth thing:
Maybe build some Hops and Chariots just for balance

dont build a harbour - cos if you aint got one they cant attack you in it can they !!

sixth thing:
Sit back, relax and polish your shell

:D

DeletedUser

First thing:
Build sword nuke

Second thing:
Build archer nuke

Third thing:
Build wall

Fourth thing:
Build Tower

Fifth thing:
Maybe build some Hops and Chariots just for balance

dont build a harbour - cos if you aint got one they cant attack you in it can they !!

sixth thing:
Sit back, relax and polish your shell

:D

Or simply construct every building then recruit a huge nuke of mix offensive units and start farming to grow twice faster?