Not a Bug One city Islands (no anchors) should not be WW islands

• Thread starter DeletedUser43023
  • Start date

DeletedUser43023

not really much strategy if you only need to defend one city on a WW island, now is there?

open up those anchors or it is a BUG

DeletedUser25249

I'm guessing this is for large island anchor points, if so I have tried to figure this out since calydon, there was some guy like 4 oceans away from the rim who had large island anchors but you couldn't colonize on them, would like a proper explanation cause its a wicked exploit of the game.

DeletedUser37468

Actually a single city WW island is extremely hard to defend cos it has no closeby neighbouring cities so all defensive help is always going to be a few hours away...we have had them many times and when under attack by a highly aggressive enemy (as in the entire team attacking one city) it can be pretty stressful

When we have had single city WW islands we always make sure the player who owns the city is top of the defender ranking in the team cos whether its just one off probing attacks or full team attacking, the city owner has to be on their toes 24/7 to protect that city...and WW

DeletedUser43023

Expierenced player like you report it only when you have to face it directly?

yes, I'm facing it. we have 6 of the 7 WWs, so the rest of the world stacks up this city to the sky! Stalemate!

I don't blame players for taking advantage of it, but I do blame innogames for allowing it. It is a design flaw!

In the one sense, I don't mind coz it allows the world to go on and I prefer fighting over these stupid WW's any day of the week. However, as one that used to QA software for a living, I would say this is a bug and not part of the design of the game. I think it is an oversight and should be corrected going forth. Any decent game designer knows there needs to be checks and balances to a game if it is to be a well-thought out game.

So, in light of that, the other cure would be to make chain-lightening spells more common. The Anti-Turtle device! I would have to say that these spells should not work against sieges, however, as this game is already heavily in the defender's favor (ever since the alarm was introduced).

DeletedUser43023

I'm guessing this is for large island anchor points

Correct. I've seen it before as well, but usually it is always a rim alliance and they usually aren't big enough to take a WW to level 10 fast enough to beat out the other major alliances.

it is a great tactic, but it really does go against a good game design. You need to have game balances so that there is a way to over come any one strategy. Otherwise we may as well all go back to playing tic tac toe! lol

DeletedUser37468

Correct. I've seen it before as well, but usually it is always a rim alliance and they usually aren't big enough to take a WW to level 10 fast enough to beat out the other major alliances.

it is a great tactic, but it really does go against a good game design. You need to have game balances so that there is a way to over come any one strategy. Otherwise we may as well all go back to playing tic tac toe! lol

Excuse me....but they can be taken to level 10 and no they are not on the rim either......you are being quite disrespectful towards the smaller teams who work extremely hard against the larger multi academy teams

Having single WW city islands are a challenge but a challenge that many teams, large and small, take up very successfully....for the enemy they are an immense challenge...and in 5 years we have not lost a single city WW island and that is despite being attacked heavily in Ialysos by the combined forces of EN and in Edessa the combined forces of TRT...all of them being deep within the core and not on the rim

So unless you have experienced life in a team with single city WW islands and have gone through WW period with them and kept them intact, as we have, you surely have no right or reason to judge.

DeletedUser43023

Excuse me....but they can be taken to level 10 and no they are not on the rim either......you are being quite disrespectful towards the smaller teams who work extremely hard against the larger multi academy teams

Having single WW city islands are a challenge but a challenge that many teams, large and small, take up very successfully....for the enemy they are an immense challenge...and in 5 years we have not lost a single city WW island and that is despite being attacked heavily in Ialysos by the combined forces of EN and in Edessa the combined forces of TRT...all of them being deep within the core and not on the rim

So unless you have experienced life in a team with single city WW islands and have gone through WW period with them and kept them intact, as we have, you surely have no right or reason to judge.

If, in a speed 1 world, you have over a million dlu and over 100K bir/tri plus throw in a few k of fireships all in that 1 city...if you can't hold that, you have no business playing this game.

obviously, i'm not talking about "just a small alliance" but nearly the entire world defending one city because they don't have to spread it out over 20 cities. You speak of multiple alliances attacking you, I'm talking the reverse, were multiple alliances are defending against one.

And just to add to this. most worlds have less than a 1000 players, and with speed 1, of that only a few hundred would have over 20 cities, so do the math.. Innogames has created a game of tic tac toe, where you would have to be foolish to lose that city...such as letting a player that is likely to quit being the owner of that lone city on a WW island.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser50353

Machida, I'm in Zancle with you.....I'm pretty sure you've not described the circumstance accurately here.

And I take Pagodaswand's view, you're being ''quite disrespectful towards the smaller teams who work extremely hard against the larger multi academy teams''.

Just look how your boys attack anyone when the tables turn...?