One Day Loyalty

DeletedUser25050

Yes folks. We are indeed talking once more (yawwwnnn!) about Dreadfleet. They are awesome fighters (zzzzzz...) and terrific attack co-ordinators (hey ho....). They have super techno guys, you know, the kind of guys who can even post clips on You Tube and use a mouse (sharp intake of breath in the audience followed by murmers of approval..) but what they have none of, no I don't mean a low level, just none whatsoever is loyalty to anyone at all but themselves in their utterly ego-centric, pimple faced worlds.

Yes, there about to take a city from Styx, after the slimmest pretence of a reason I still haven't gotten to the bottom of. But they DID NOT pm me to ask did I know about it. They DID NOT verify the facts with anybody but themselves. They DID NOT take into account promises they know full well were kept previously. They DID NOT take account of previous acts of loyalty made to them. In short, they never intended to keep pact with us from Day One. Why? Because they have ZERO integrity (a bit like Coke Zero only we're talking about their character as players). So here's the bottom line :

If you're out there in Ocean 54 or 55 or 56 or 64 or 76 or anywhere really, and at some point in Marathon the idea crosses your mind, even just for a second to make a pact with Dreadfleet.....don't do it. They will stick you in the vitals at the very first opportunity. So, let the games proceed! :)

DeletedUser

LOL You dare to talk about loyalty!
Styx promised that they wouldn't help ADRASTOS on its war against Dreadfleet. However... OH SURPRISE! I had a ton of support on my just conquered city! and guess from who it was specially?! That's right! Styx! And it wasn't exactly support to aid me in the conquest since I never told Styx anything about my conquest.

So
9283010.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

First of all,

We found support in Yokhen's fresh ADRASTOS city from Styx, meaning your alliance attempted to destroy his CS.

You brought this on yourself, so don't for one second say we stabbed you in the back, when in fact you did not keep your word.

DeletedUser25050

You found support. So what? There are 80 members in Styx. If one of them stepped out of line, there's protocols, especially when you've been in regular contact with a leader right up to the day before. You pm me, I get the facts checked, if true, the player is disciplined. What are you mattr130, twelve? You play the game like it.

There's a growing awareness in the surrounding Oceans that Dreadfleet are just a bunch of noobs that can't be trusted.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

We weren't interested in keeping the pact, that is all the reason we need. We know what we are doing and rather than debating this on the forums we will speak with action.

Goodluck

DeletedUser

lol, please, there is no need to insult 12-yr-olds; a number of young players hold their own. no need for sex, age, ethnicity or race bashing. if you're going to insult someone, call them immature or ignorant or something along those lines.

DeletedUser

Please dont turn this to a flame war. Use the personal message option if you cant hold it in.

DeletedUser

We weren't interested in keeping the pact, that is all the reason we need. We know what we are doing and rather than debating this on the forums we will speak with action.

Goodluck

That quote right there just proves that Chelsea was right and that honor much less loyalty and character are traits in which some alliances do not have. Simply amazing and others should pay close attention to this. Yes this is a war game but wars can be fought with honor and not like these others are doing. Such a shame.

DeletedUser25050

Goodluck

Ah...the words of the true liar at last.

DeletedUser

Yes folks. We are indeed talking once more (yawwwnnn!) about Dreadfleet. They are awesome fighters (zzzzzz...) and terrific attack co-ordinators (hey ho....). They have super techno guys, you know, the kind of guys who can even post clips on You Tube and use a mouse (sharp intake of breath in the audience followed by murmers of approval..) but what they have none of, no I don't mean a low level, just none whatsoever is loyalty to anyone at all but themselves in their utterly ego-centric, pimple faced worlds.

Yes, there about to take a city from Styx, after the slimmest pretence of a reason I still haven't gotten to the bottom of. But they DID NOT pm me to ask did I know about it. They DID NOT verify the facts with anybody but themselves. They DID NOT take into account promises they know full well were kept previously. They DID NOT take account of previous acts of loyalty made to them. In short, they never intended to keep pact with us from Day One. Why? Because they have ZERO integrity (a bit like Coke Zero only we're talking about their character as players). So here's the bottom line :

If you're out there in Ocean 54 or 55 or 56 or 64 or 76 or anywhere really, and at some point in Marathon the idea crosses your mind, even just for a second to make a pact with Dreadfleet.....don't do it. They will stick you in the vitals at the very first opportunity. So, let the games proceed! :)

Liked the song though?

Are you really that mad because we attacked? You know, you only look more and more pathetic, especially because you're trying to get different alliances to turn against us. But I digress, nevertheless you have broken the pact by supporting Adrastos. Nothing more, nothing less.

DeletedUser

That quote right there just proves that Chelsea was right and that honor much less loyalty and character are traits in which some alliances do not have. Simply amazing and others should pay close attention to this. Yes this is a war game but wars can be fought with honor and not like these others are doing. Such a shame.

We do honor our pacts, just not when these pacts and alliances happen to correspond and support our mutual enemy. Then again you must come to realize that they are just because we managed to crush them. Don't believe everything you hear. After all, they were the ones who dishonored the pact, and supported our enemy. I guess we're doing that as punishment.

DeletedUser18983

Goodluck
Liked the song though?

Are you really that mad because we attacked? You know, you only look more and more pathetic, especially because you're trying to get different alliances to turn against us. But I digress, nevertheless you have broken the pact by supporting Adrastos. Nothing more, nothing less.

First of all, if it's a NAP. It's just a verbal agreement. So if you break it, it doesn't really matter. But a Pact is not to be broken. If the odds are against a pact member you still help them not switch sides..I wouldn't pact with DreadFleet ever from all these post.

DeletedUser

This doesn't look like much of a pact to me, seeing as we never helped each other in either war. It was nothing more than an agreement and a few friendly messages.

xR3IM.png

DeletedUser

First of all, if it's a NAP. It's just a verbal agreement.
Aren't all of our actions only as good as our word? I mean, the difference in-game between a NAP and a pact is very little unless it's backed with some type of relationship and cooperation. The player-to-player interaction is what builds a pact, not some line of code making green flags appear. Otherwise, a pact invite is as useless as a 'like' in Facebook.

DeletedUser

And in fact it is. If the relationship is poor, it is pretty logical to prepare for the worst.

DeletedUser25050

This doesn't look like much of a pact to me, seeing as we never helped each other in either war. It was nothing more than an agreement and a few friendly messages.

xR3IM.png

Do you do anything else apart from lie through your teeth? No. I didn't think so.

DeletedUser25050

And in fact it is. If the relationship is poor, it is pretty logical to prepare for the worst.

The relationship was good. Obviously you're talking out of your backside again.. mattr130 is just a player of little or no character as more people are discovering

DeletedUser

xR3IM.png

You're right mattr130, from this conversation, there is really nothing firmly outlining a binding pact. However, when I used to click on the 'Alliance' tab on the sidebar of my screen, and then click on 'Pacts', Dreadfleet's name was there. This, to me anyways, would be indicative of a firm 'pact'. And aren't a pact and an agreement pretty much the same thing anyways?

At the end of the day matt, you're right, this is a war game. And wars can get dirty, some dirtier than others. This is a long game though, so I thank you for showing your true colours for everyone to see so early on in the Marathon world.

Good Luck

DeletedUser

The pact was just put in place to highlight our cities so players knew not to attack one another, now id focus more on your gameplay rather than attempting to bash us when really any knowledgeable player would see that Styx is a weak alliance and DreadFleet is simply taking their cities because of that & its easy BP now just give it up.

We have had a pact with Myrmidons since the beginning of the world and have honored it and not taken any cities from them or even attacked them, we honor pacts with sensible alliances that provide a mutual gain, unlike our pact with Styx, the war with ADRASTOS is over, so you can officially consider the Agreement void.

Thank you,

- Mattr130