One Day Loyalty

DeletedUser

xR3IM.png

In my humble opinion, that is not a binding pact. That is a textbook example of a 'pact of convenience.' At the very least, you can tell that by the message subject being 'Hey.' No relationship, no expectations, and unknown intentions on both sides. But hey, it makes for great external discussion and I appreciate it being posted.

Yeah, you pushed the button to keep your players safe, but both sides essentially built nothing from this conversation (although we are missing the other 5 pages of the conversation). You had a complex situation regarding conflicts in Oceans 65 & 66 control and wars against Styx and Myrmidons, yet neither tried to resolve the problem. At least take a couple hours to discuss your differences and test each other's patience on Skype, which could result in an outcome that makes you both stronger. There were many options available at the time and now it appears war is the only one.

Although war can be the most fun option! :D

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser25050

The pact was just put in place to highlight our cities so players knew not to attack one another, now id focus more on your gameplay rather than attempting to bash us when really any knowledgeable player would see that Styx is a weak alliance and DreadFleet is simply taking their cities because of that & its easy BP now just give it up.

- Mattr130

Thanks for the update on what great, straightforward guys you are. You once pointed out to me that merrin11 of ADRASTOS was - how did you put it? - a "boil on your backside" while you were trying to get my assistance in dealing with him. From what I can see, his main fault was for simply calling you out as a cheat and bully. You didn't like that and my guess is, you still don't. Well, I'm your new boil and I'm here for the long haul. I won't be quitting Marathon if I happen to lose a city at any point. There were 30,000 players in Lambda once, and now there's just 600 left and I'm one of them. You've made a long term Travel Buddy this time chuck. ;)

DeletedUser

I understand what you're saying von, and I agree, from what we see of the conversation between Chelsea and mattr130, the pact may have been weak to begin with. And if one or both parties deem it worthless and want to break it, that's all fine and dandy.

But to say that Styx undermined the pact with Dreadfleet by supporting an ADRASTOS city with 'a ton of support' when Dreadfleet had a CS landing in the city is a complete falsehood. It was just an excuse to justify taking a high point city in a strategic location in O65 from Styx. Truth be told, there wasn't any Styx support in the city before Dreadfleet's CS landed.

Like I said, it is what it is. I don't mind so much the fact that the pact was broken, it can/does happen. I just don't care for the way it was broken. But alas, it is a war game, and we must all choose our allies carefully

DeletedUser

Thanks for the update on what great, straightforward guys you are. You once pointed out to me that merrin11 of ADRASTOS was - how did you put it? - a "boil on your backside" while you were trying to get my assistance in dealing with him. From what I can see, his main fault was for simply calling you out as a cheat and bully. You didn't like that and my guess is, you still don't. Well, I'm your new boil and I'm here for the long haul. I won't be quitting Marathon if I happen to lose a city at any point. There were 30,000 players in Lambda once, and now there's just 600 left and I'm one of them. You've made a long term Travel Buddy this time chuck. ;)

I don't mind taking your city multiple times :)

DeletedUser

Only one thing is certain with Dread Fleet they are not long for this world from my information and the rather obvious facts im not going not go into details but some alliances.......... you get the idea along with those already lashing out......... again you get the idea

dont intend on getting involved.. yet they havent given me a reason to yet and our list of close allies wouldnt be a nice thing to go up against so I doubt they will if they have even half a brain to go with the ego

DeletedUser

Only one thing is certain with Dread Fleet they are not long for this world from my information and the rather obvious facts im not going not go into details but some alliances.......... you get the idea along with those already lashing out......... again you get the idea

Ok, please don't talk in circles with a <hint> <hint> <nudge> <nudge> like my ex-girlfriend. Can you enlighten us where you have received and what kind of information that you're not going into details about? And what you mean by "Dread Fleet they are not long for this world."

DeletedUser25050

We have had a pact with Myrmidons since the beginning of the world and have honored it and not taken any cities from them or even attacked them, we honor pacts with sensible alliances that provide a mutual gain,

Thank you,

- Mattr130

I see they are now at 29 members from 40+ a week or so ago. Quite a significant Ally you have kept up there. Good call!

DeletedUser

I see they are now at 29 members from 40+ a week or so ago. Quite a significant Ally you have kept up there. Good call!

They merged into us :) had some real good players so yes it was a good call, now if you will quit crying about us attacking you we can all get back to playing the game without your attempt as bashing us.

DeletedUser

Ok, please don't talk in circles with a <hint> <hint> <nudge> <nudge> like my ex-girlfriend. Can you enlighten us where you have received and what kind of information that you're not going into details about? And what you mean by "Dread Fleet they are not long for this world."

well you can see why im not going to get into it i.e. they would read it but its not that dificult to get what im hinting at

DeletedUser

well you can see why im not going to get into it i.e. they would read it but its not that dificult to get what im hinting at

Ive never played with you before & I don't know you so please enlighten us to what your talking about? and what makes 3rd Shock Army better equipt to survive in Marathon than DreadFleet?

DeletedUser25050

They merged into us :) had some real good players so yes it was a good call, now if you will quit crying about us attacking you we can all get back to playing the game without your attempt at bashing us.

Yawn.....you still talking? Sorry I fell asleep.

DeletedUser

Well by all means, im not the one that started this thread, but if you want to continue then I will show the others why your nothing but a hypocrite.

RoK5e.jpg
^^^^^^
Asking our player to spy for you, tsk tsk..

DeletedUser

Chelseaboys123 said:
I have nothing to lose in this request, because I am pretty sure he intends to take my city at the earliest opportunity anyway. When I was doing my best to keep in his good books, I stood by while he ridiculed ADRASTOS in the public Forums and stood by again when he attacked them although they were also our pact Allies.

Sooooo, finally the truth comes out! Out of fear was why Styx wanted engaged Dreadfleet in a pact. To say you did your best to stay in his 'good books' was a bit far-fetched based on your earlier conversations since you made it clear there you were skeptical of them and weren't interested in partnering with them. If I was in fear of another alliance, I'd say 'can we be your academy alliance.' Or 'can we help you and earn your respect by fighting ADRASTOS together?' Not 'can you make our flags appear green to your members because we want to live the hippie dream.'

To add to that, you said you 'stood by' while ADRASTOS was ridiculed. Why would you not stick up for an alliance you have a pact with? Weren't you the one portraying pacts like blood oaths earlier? That's because 'being neutral' is exactly what you intended to do. While they fight it out, you'll capture all the refugees and carnage. There is no 'neutral' decisions in Grepolis or in life. Make a decision and stand by it.

LOL, if you haven't engaged a spy in 18 months, why start now? Great job, you thought you had nothing to lose and instead you lost your reputation while in reality all you stood to lose in the first place was your proximity to the core.

@Comander 31: A person with 20/20 vision can't see what you're getting at. It actually appears quite clearly you are wrong and Dreadfleet is more likely to succeed in O65/66 than you in O45.

DeletedUser

Sooooo, finally the truth comes out! Out of fear was why Styx wanted engaged Dreadfleet in a pact. To say you did your best to stay in his 'good books' was a bit far-fetched based on your earlier conversations since you made it clear there you were skeptical of them and weren't interested in partnering with them. If I was in fear of another alliance, I'd say 'can we be your academy alliance.' Or 'can we help you and earn your respect by fighting ADRASTOS together?' Not 'can you make our flags appear green to your members because we want to live the hippie dream.'

To add to that, you said you 'stood by' while ADRASTOS was ridiculed. Why would you not stick up for an alliance you have a pact with? Weren't you the one portraying pacts like blood oaths earlier? That's because 'being neutral' is exactly what you intended to do. While they fight it out, you'll capture all the refugees and carnage. There is no 'neutral' decisions in Grepolis or in life. Make a decision and stand by it.

LOL, if you haven't engaged a spy in 18 months, why start now? Great job, you thought you had nothing to lose and instead you lost your reputation while in reality all you stood to lose in the first place was your proximity to the core.

well said. though he does have a point about them their allies and their enemy's are one in the same

DeletedUser25050

@Comander 31: A person with 20/20 vision can't see what you're getting at. It actually appears quite clearly you are wrong and Dreadfleet is more likely to succeed in O65/66 than you in O45.

Gosh. So many points of view from you there...

Dreadfleet were pacted with Adrastos. We were pacted with both. We were under attack by Myrmidons and Dreadfleet agreed not to support them against our counter attacks if we would not interfere with their fight with Adrastos. It was like Coronation Street. So yeah, we stood by. Whether Dreadfleet kept their word and stood by when we bagan attacks on Myrmidons, I've no idea. It didn't last long before they announced their engagement (best wishes to the happy couple!).

Yes, I asked Turabo to spy for us. He was a former co-leader of Adrastos. It was worth a chance to see if he couldn't stomache them yet. But apparently, he likes the taste. Sure there was some fear involved. You'd want to be stupid not to have at least some trepidation. What about you Von? You're not a teeny bit nervous of Dreadfleet next door to you? Do you really think they'll be happy with O65? Or maybe you trust your conversations to date with mattr130.

DeletedUser

Gosh. So many points of view from you there...

Dreadfleet were pacted with Adrastos. We were pacted with both. We were under attack by Myrmidons and Dreadfleet agreed not to support them against our counter attacks if we would not interfere with their fight with Adrastos. It was like Coronation Street. So yeah, we stood by. Whether Dreadfleet kept their word and stood by when we bagan attacks on Myrmidons, I've no idea. It didn't last long before they announced their engagement (best wishes to the happy couple!).

Yes, I asked Turabo to spy for us. He was a former co-leader of Adrastos. It was worth a chance to see if he couldn't stomache them yet. But apparently, he likes the taste. Sure there was some fear involved. You'd want to be stupid not to have at least some trepidation. What about you Von? You're not a teeny bit nervous of Dreadfleet next door to you? Do you really think they'll be happy with O65? Or maybe you trust your conversations to date with mattr130.

We have no interest in O55 what-so-ever I know Von is an experienced player, I respect him and RYW & would not think about warring them at this time, especially not over O55.

Turabo is a good player & I was hesitant to bring him in after ADRASTOS's destruction, however I trust him 100% especially after he had the chance to spy & he declined. The people that have joined us through ADRASTOS have realized DreadFleet is a better alliance, we take care of our own & are all friends.

As for further expansion, I think you know our plans chelsea, your losing ground in O66 bud & even your own city.

DeletedUser

what is my reason to lie? Von & RYW have not wronged us & we have no interest in O55