One island with more cities

DeletedUser

What are the advantages and disadvantages if I put all my cities in the same island? (D)

I really appreciate if you can put your views. Thanks.

DeletedUser

it makes it alot esyer to defende because for a land defences village you don't need to make transports
promblem is you only have 8 farms

DeletedUser6810

What banana is trying to say is that 1 city can effectively farm all 8 cities every day with the right amount of troops, so its best to put 2 at the most of your cities per island. Also good for defence.

DeletedUser

Do you think my city can be conquered? If I have a 7 cities in one island?

DeletedUser

Any city can be taken, though if you had 7 cities on one island, all of which were strong defensive cities, then I doubt it would be particularly easy to take one of them. It would probably require attacks from a number of players.

DeletedUser

it makes it alot esyer to defende because for a land defences village you don't need to make transports

If you don't have transports how do you attack or support allies? Every city should have some transports.

Putting 7 cities on one island will hinder you more than benefit you.
Unless of course you are a turtle... and in that case why play this game at all? :rolleyes:

DeletedUser

it is more fun bigging a turtle when you're under attack then most people think

DeletedUser

There are those who prefer to be a '' turtle '', If they don't wish to be part of an alliance, theres nothing really saying that they have to.

Having so many cities does bring some great defensive tatics, but it will also hinder you in some cases.

But as one or two have said, Having so many on one island will make it more of a fortress with them all clumped close to each other.

Other Note : If you are part of an alliance, having your cities on the same island would give you a better defensive stance, Yet it would mean your further away from the fight, And making it harder for you to support anyone ~

~Velario.

DeletedUser

only do it if you think you might have powerful enemies but overall not a good idea

DeletedUser8969

i have three cities on one of my islands. sometimes it is necessary for strategic reasons to do so but as a rule of thumb i would not. at the time these were the largest, most threatening cities in the area so i eliminated them from the equation. they were already fairly large so i didn't have to build them up much. two of my cities were built all the way up so i just feed resources from them to grow the cities.

overall it is a bad strategy but many factors come into play when deciding your next conquer.

consensus is build your next city on an adjacent island. i stick to that unless there are strategic considerations.

DeletedUser

"In this game your real enemy is not resources but TIME ... there were a lot of initiatives which you can produce a resources but there is no ways you can stop the time. "

DeletedUser10963

haha, you noob! boosting your experience in-game and asking these kind of questions in the external LMAO

DeletedUser

Move this thread :O

And keep personal arguments on a different thread.

DeletedUser

Today, 01:02 AM #12
martijngoofy

Peltast

Total posts : 10

haha, you noob! boosting your experience in-game and asking these kind of questions in the external LMAO

My apology on his behaviour. I will not say against him or what happen in a world Theta but I wish he learns his lesson.

DeletedUser

I know in our alliance I would never give approval for a player to conquer another city on the same island. Per the farming disadvantages, and when specializing cities, obviously you would encounter an issue with having the same resources and trade ratios to pull from. I did see something that has baffled me though, where a player had taken not 1, or 2, or 3, but FOUR cities on the same island, but the shocker was it was on one of those islands without farming villages. Priceless...

DeletedUser14492

Not sure where this bolt from the blue came from... this thread has been dead for over a year!

Anyway, conquering lots of cities on an island with no farms is a known tactic and a very good one at that, depending on how you use it. Not everyone farms, or has to all the time. Stratagy can be far more important than the ability to farm sometimes, Im not going to run through scenarios, you will have to use your imagination :)

To laugh at such a tactic perhaps means you dont understand fully some of the subtleties of Grepolis :) No offence intended.

Taking many cities on an island with farms is of course another tactic, and one I personally use in every ocean. It creates an impossing defensive/offensive stronghold which strategically can far outweigh any farming issues. When you have hundreds of cities, farming is not particularly important :)

Ev