One Last Race

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser345

Do you think the Schleck brothers will pawn Contador in this year´s tour de françe?

I would have said yes but looking at the giro im not sure, Basso is an outside chance and Wiggins could do well if he keeps with the others up the mountains and gain on the TTs.

Overall i am going to go with Andy Schleck as he has his brother to help and a stronger team the Contador.

DeletedUser

I would have said yes but looking at the giro im not sure, Basso is an outside chance and Wiggins could do well if he keeps with the others up the mountains and gain on the TTs.

Overall i am going to go with Andy Schleck as he has his brother to help and a stronger team the Contador.
Yes Bradley Wiggins has potential to fight the podium, But Ivan Basso never convinces me, not even when he was competing against Lance in the tour.
Im also going for Andy, he is a great rider, and remember when he gave a hell of a fight when his brother had to abandon because of an injury, this time I think he and his brother´s Kamikaze attacks will break Contador. (and I also hope so, because I dislike him).

DeletedUser345

Yes Bradley Wiggins has potential to fight the podium, But Ivan Basso never convinces me, not even when he was competing against Lance in the tour.

Basso had a strong giro in 2010 and he didn't ride it this year to save himself fo a tour. Wiggins is doing well in the Criterium.

DeletedUser16429

Dude Tony Martian,Wiggins, and Cantallera are the best TT

DeletedUser345

Dude Tony Martian,Wiggins, and Cantallera are the best TT

Of course, and David Millar.

Tony Martin proved that with his recent Grenoble-Grenoble TT (Criterium de Daphine) win and cancellaro is always strong although he was well and truly beaten in the Bahernfert by Wiggins (30 Secs!) Don't forget David Millar and his Giro last stage Milan-Milan win he is right up there. Unfortuneatly those guys lose time on the mountains, if Wiggins improved his climbimg he could be the best in the world...

DeletedUser

Cancellara is a monster, but he is to heavy to win the Tour, there is no way he can catch up to the schleks, Menchov, Vinokurouv, contador or any of the climbers when things get ugly in the mountains.
Wiggins has a better chance, all he needs is a luxury domestique for the climbs

DeletedUser345

Cancellara is a monster, but he is to heavy to win the Tour, there is no way he can catch up to the schleks, Menchov, Vinokurouv, contador or any of the climbers when things get ugly in the mountains.
Wiggins has a better chance, all he needs is a luxury domestique for the climbs

Geraint Thomas can do that but there needs to be a few of them, Boassan-Hagen is more intrested in the sprints.

DeletedUser

Andy probably not so sure last years was best ever that one race when andy's chain came of was just amazing

DeletedUser

I insist that Basso is not a serious contender to the Tour.
The Dauphine Libere is being raced now and Basso hasn´t shown anything special.
Vinokurouv on the other hand is showing that he at least plans to be in the thick of things

DeletedUser13936

english please.

(understanding the tour de france is not my strong spot)

DeletedUser345

I insist that Basso is not a serious contender to the Tour.
The Dauphine Libere is being raced now and Basso hasn´t shown anything special.
Vinokurouv on the other hand is showing that he at least plans to be in the thick of things

Basso has been ill for this criterium so he was never goingto do something its a suprise he turned up on the first day, vinokurouv could be up their in the stages but overall no he cant time trial. Cadel Evans looks weak and Wiggins just sailed up the mountain leaving him behind yesterday...

DeletedUser

Well remember that Vino already won the Vuelta a España, and in the edition of the tour where he and Klöden were domestiques of Ulrich he finished in the top 5. Yes his Time trial is no match for Wiggins, but neither does Andy Schleck has a great T T, but they can unleash a pandemonium in the climbs.
Im sure vino will make the tour interesting, but my money is with Andy.

Originally Posted by HIHIpeople
english please.

(understanding the tour de france is not my strong spot)
Who is this too? I cant see any non-english on this thread?

you know -Achilles- cycling does not have much of a presence in my country , I have never had a conversation about it outside my family, they do like cycling, my great grandfather owned a cycling team and my grandfather, greatuncle and father were all cyclists.

Status
Not open for further replies.