"One-Man Alliance" Secret Alliance.

DeletedUser

Since the first day I joined Phi, I had this crazy idea. I'm making it public so that I get feedback on it.

Why does everybody have to be in an alliance to survive in the game? Why can't somebody make his own one-man alliance and still teamplay the game? Why are one-man alliances so much frowned upon?

Lets suppose that everybody has his own alliance name just as a subtitle to his/her nick. We can agree to the format of it as such:

The first member of the "One Man Alliance" alliance (that is me) sets the first rule of it.

Rule no1

Secrecy. No member of this company reveals who his allies are. Punishment of breaching rule no 1 will be applied accordingly by the rest members ;)

The second rule is set by the second member. If the first member accepts it then he/she becomes a member as well.

This goes on with the third member. He/she sets a rule, if the already made members accept it, there you go, you have the third member.

...and so on so forth.

New members will be proposed and agreed to be invited by the rest of the members.

All these happens in secrecy. No one knows the members of this alliance, except the members themselves

A forum can be replaced by a good recipient list.

Enemies that underestimate you seeing that you are in a one-man alliance may attack and find themselves surprised!

Remember, you can still support anybody, and form common strategies via the recipient list (or skype, or whatever).

The formation I'm suggesting is democratic as everybody becomes a founder of the alliance (by default) and has a say in decisions.

Referendums can be held every day and majority votes can determine decisions. Every day, every member by rotation can set the referendum question.

The way I think about is that we have information that others don't. The others don't know who we are, but we do. And this is a great advantage.

In order for this to work though, everybody must trust each other, be active and friendly. It is very aggressive in its nature cause anybody that leaves this formation has to pay the ultimate price which will be applied by the rest. Team agression can be mixed depending on the circumstances.

Another advantage is that this way we can eventually exceed the 30cap membership.

You don't need to be under the same name, to work together. You don't need to lead or be leaded. We can decide everything together (if you are civilised enough)

I already have my one man alliance. And I change the name of it every day, depending on my mood. It's like sending messages to the others, and I have fun with it.

The truth is that now that I revealed this I'll be the sole known member of it. But I don't care. This may protect me, as well. You will realise who my allies are when you see us coming together...

What do you think?

Will you ally in essence or in form? ;)

If you want to be the second member, accept my first rule and think one of yours that will work for our mutual interest. One that I may accept. Then contact me. The sooner, the better. The later you come to me, the more rules you will have to accept.

I hope the mechanics are not too difficult to understand and that I find someone to believe in it as much as I do.

Anyways, enjoy your game.
PS Another rule could be that we never attack one-man alliances as they may be our next members. But I'm waiting for someone to addopt it and propose it to me...

Last edited by a moderator:

Aicy

Strategos
Wouldn't work. It's too fancy.

People would like the idea but wouldn't have the time or interest to put in the effort for it to succeed.

Nice idea though.

DeletedUser

I should choose my first mate wisely, then. And then we can choose the third together.

And we can eat the sluckers to become stronger (it's cannibalistic, but it will work)

Aicy

Strategos
Ah but will anyone truely good want to join such an unrecognized 'alliance' when they're good enough to join some of the best?

DeletedUser

"Ah but will anyone truely good want to join such an unrecognized 'alliance' when they're good enough to join some of the best?"

Well you may never know...

That is why I said "you have to believe in it as much as I do"

DeletedUser

As long as it is honest, then I have to thank you...

I would appreciate the reasoning behind it, though.

Aicy

Strategos
I believe no slucker will contact me though...:p
But why would a non-slucker contact you?

And even if they would have how would they learn about the alliance in the first place to contact you if it's secret. If people do know about it and ask for invitations than it's obvious that the alliances secret will be exposed and you may as well be a normal alliance.

"Ah but will anyone truely good want to join such an unrecognized 'alliance' when they're good enough to join some of the best?"

Well you may never know...

That is why I said "you have to believe in it as much as I do"
I doubt many people will take that leap in faith.

DeletedUser

The ones that read this know that I am one to contact. The rest I can approach them myself. I revealed myself. No one else will be

DeletedUser

And hey, I'm a non-slucker and I'm still alone. Either I'm too stupid or too bold to admit it.:D

Time will show.

DeletedUser

Whats the reasoning? haha ok heres the reasoning...
1. If your doing a one man alliance why dont you just be by yourself with no alliance???? practically the same thing dont ya think?
2. People are going to be pestering you for invites or pacts
3. youll have no support therefor get demolished by good players

DeletedUser

1. True. I don't really care as long as that person belongs in no other alliance. I made my own just to change the name of it whenever I feel like it.
2.So what? I can ignore them, or see if they qualify... In fact I pray for that :p
3.I will not have your suport for sure. But people tend to have different opinions...

I'm looking for non-conformist creative and open minds. The rest can join with the rest.

Innovation is just for the bold that believe in it.

DeletedUser

If it worked, it would be fine. But if you are not in a large group like most alliances, you are virtually left with almost 0% protection. Now if you had 15 loyal members, then this plan may possibly work. I am sorry to say I doubt it will in the long run.

But what do I know about running secret alliances ? :p

DeletedUser

This can become huge. There is no cap in it. And it fits for Phi as it has the lowest alliance cap than any other world.

Well, I'm sure that most doubt it will work. As I said before I'm looking for brave ones here and by definition braves are a minority. So the real question is who is bold enough to try something different or who is creative enough to think and act not in uniform but in unity. Who can offer as much as take.

Take for istance the rule thing.

Who can think of a rule that may benefit not just him/her but also the rest of his/her teamates. One smart and creative enough to be accepted by the rest.

I'm not searching for followers. I need true teamplayers.

If this works... just imagine...

What may seem to be cat can surpisingly be a tiger or a lion!