OoA

DeletedUser

The person above me referred to quakes not bolts, and I play on Gamma, one of my alliances strategies is to bolt the wall every 2 hours untill there is nothing left while the cs is on the way, you do that enough times to big targets and they soon begin stacking soon after the first quake.

DeletedUser

Draculus, that leads to another argument. If you're going to conquer a city, why destroy the walls that are going to be yours in a few hours/days and you will have to defend once the cs arrives?

DeletedUser

Trust me in Gamma my alliance has spent 10,000 LS to clear out biremes in one city in one night, with a wall there it can be impossible to take some cities when you are talking that kind of mass numbers.

DeletedUser

Drac, here in delta , you are allowed to quake every 4 hrs. also a smart player will just pop city protection and that stops the quakes and bolts for 12 hrs..Also i love it that alliances will waste 10,000 LS..You just opened the doors for the opposing alliance to take many more cities from your alliance in the area...

DeletedUser

On gamma it is a workable strategy, you can quake every 2 hours and city protection doesnt do much when several of your cities are being quaked. Its called phychological warefare, if they think that there is nothing they can do to stop you from takeing our target city they will eventually stop trying. Im not sure how loseing 10,000 LS would make it any easier for them to take our cities, 3,000 of those were mine and all our at risk cities are stacked from our back line. Although its a large number to use on a single city 10,000 LS in the grand scheme of things is not much.

DeletedUser

Draculus, that leads to another argument. If you're going to conquer a city, why destroy the walls that are going to be yours in a few hours/days and you will have to defend once the cs arrives?
Once a city is guarded enough to give you a negating kill ratio catapults become necessary especially if there is chance of the player to hit militia or get help. Their called siege weapons for a reasons. The important thing is to achieve your goal if that means you have to build the wall back up so what you just took a city and got a ton of BP doing it.

DeletedUser

Ive had enough troops in my city where 20 catapults didnt even take a level of my wall, thats why quakes are so important.

DeletedUser

This is the other quote figure your stand point out and then respond...you contradict yourself it causes alot of uncertainty....

Lol. :)

I meant that they can be helpful when they are actually coordinating their attacks.

When they make rash decisions like these bolts, they are not good.

I know some of their members, and I like some of them. But this bolting business shows their bad side. :)

Do you get it?

DeletedUser

I understand...I just think you need to find your line, draw it, and act based off it. You are sometimes all over the place.

DeletedUser

Well I'm sorry to confuse you, Cronos.
OoA has helped me several times. :) I just didn't know they would be using bolts against a reputable alliance.

DeletedUser

Imagination a situation where you have spent a month periodically spamming an enemy with attacks, after a while you lose patience and decide to use earthquakes to soften this enemy up, sensible plan in theory. After awhile you notice that he/she rebuilds faster than you can knock down the walls so you start calling in other players in your alliance to help out. All seems reasonable and fair right?

Then from the other side. You are picking up 2-4 quakes per day with the odd lightning bolt thrown in for good measure. So you ask your alliance for help/advice and as these situations evolve a divine power war starts up. Keen to avoid this descent your alliance leader gets in touch to try to setup some Rules of Engagement to keep the game civil and gets told to 'go away'. What can you do?

From our perspective we simply run a competition each day with a prize for hitting certain targets. I have tried speaking with OoA but it's difficult to get any kind of vaguely reasonable answer.

To be our enemy is one thing but this is something else entirely.

DeletedUser

Yeah, a real alliance would not use bolts. The quakes are fine if they are coordinated on one city and are used for an actual purpose, like the taking of a city.

If one alliance just gets all their people to launch bolts everywhere, the divine power wars will start and everyone will be in a pissy mood.

DeletedUser

Imagination a situation where you have spent a month periodically spamming an enemy with attacks, after a while you lose patience and decide to use earthquakes to soften this enemy up, sensible plan in theory. After awhile you notice that he/she rebuilds faster than you can knock down the walls so you start calling in other players in your alliance to help out. All seems reasonable and fair right?

Then from the other side. You are picking up 2-4 quakes per day with the odd lightning bolt thrown in for good measure. So you ask your alliance for help/advice and as these situations evolve a divine power war starts up. Keen to avoid this descent your alliance leader gets in touch to try to setup some Rules of Engagement to keep the game civil and gets told to 'go away'. What can you do?

From our perspective we simply run a competition each day with a prize for hitting certain targets. I have tried speaking with OoA but it's difficult to get any kind of vaguely reasonable answer.

To be our enemy is one thing but this is something else entirely.

Doesn't require too much imagination - I think that sorry was largely written by our two alliances many months ago ~_^ (and was a nightmare on both sides)

DeletedUser

This is different to the situation with LoC because we both (IoA & LoC) made a conscious effort to step back from divine spam wars. By and large our agreement has worked and held making our war far more pleasant event as a result.

DeletedUser

Ok, let me put this to rest for all of you as I will bet that I have been zapped more than any player here in Delta. Zapping a player when done alone is quite worthless I agree. However if centralized say to an individual player, it is very effective indeed. I will do you all the favor of watching a player decline in rankings due to the fact that they are zapped everyday in multiple cities. Along with being attacked and attacking, there is no way for that player to keep up with the flood of zaps. I am now going to put an alliance wide, maybe add allies to the list zap fest on Finn Macool. Him and I are about equal in points and ranking. Please take note on how quickly he gets beat down. I was #1 player in 63, after two weeks of relentless zappings I was moved to tenth place. I am online here as much as 18 hrs a day sometimes and that didn't help me a bit. I know that this could get the enemy to start all over again, but I have many many friends to cast protection, so they will be deterred. Never zap someone unless you mean business. You mean business when you get everyone involved. Let the fun begin!!

DeletedUser

Non strikes again

---probly cause you deserved it. I love your alliance but your character is weak.

followed by

Ok, let me put this to rest for all of you as I will bet that I have been zapped more than any player here in Delta.

Does this mean by your reckoning that your character is flawed beyond belief :p

Still waiting for the BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMM, :) As I said at the time you are more of a POOOOOOOF sort of player :D

DeletedUser

followed by

Ok, let me put this to rest for all of you as I will bet that I have been zapped more than any player here in Delta.

Does this mean by your reckoning that your character is flawed beyond belief :p

Still waiting for the BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMM, :) As I said at the time you are more of a POOOOOOOF sort of player :D
---keep moving your cities west and I will get some kind of special permit from your alliance to Hunt you...Just me n you. I want your cities so bad I can taste them, its the best way I can think of to help your alliance use those cities for the good of our cause. You obviously aren't using them correctly. Poooof, thats the sound you will make leaving delta.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

followed by

---keep moving your cities west and I will get some kind of special permit from your alliance to Hunt you...Just me n you. I want your cities so bad I can taste them, its the best way I can think of to help your alliance use those cities for the good of our cause. You obviously aren't using them correctly. Poooof, thats the sound you will make leaving delta dmubssa.

Yawn same old stuff yadda yadda yadda......no substance no meaning no threat......sums you up quite nicely really.

Have a nice day :)