Open Letter to Lindos

DeletedUser

I feel the time has come for a little excitement in the world of Lindos. So many great players have found their way to this world and as "world wonder phase" fast approaches I find myself growing more and more interested in what makes a top alliance. Grepo has acknowledged that WW isn't the best system as it encourages a shift in the play-style of it's players. I personally like to think that the top alliances are defined not by their mouse clicks for resources but rather in their cooperation, action and dedication to victory on every facet. To that end we are beginning the next chapter for lindos.

For so long PGM has sat on top with a group of skilled players, a fact that no one should deny. Their early dominance of alliances throughout the core- and their swift actions earned them the mergers and diplomacy that so many tend to hate. Personally, I don't think anyone should deny their place at the top as being anything other than legitimate and so with every kind of respect and honor I can give them- I am interested in seeing just how good they are. If they beat us as well as the multitude who have already tested their luck against them- I will not only be happy to have fought them- I will be even happier to see them win.

This wasn't supposed to be announced quite yet, but sadly some rather unfortunate people are unable to keep their quiet I suppose. In the end however I want to make a few things clear.

I mean every word I have said- though many do not believe it, I personally have every bit of respect for the players of PGM. Yes, some are rather full of themselves, and some are horrid at being decent human beings at times- but an individual is not the reflection of the whole.

Some will cry foul- some will argue "How could you" and condemn the action- some will laud it and cheer it with celebration, and to all I would say- calm down. PGM has acknowledged that a pact is a pact, and a nap is a nap: so our NAP is simply being done away with. (Look into the interactions via the SnoopTroop thread)

Second, while the coalitions are all going about fighting as they will- I am not asking for any other alliances help nor support. It is of course welcome, as I won't turn down free LTS, but my point is- DoM: this group of non-premade players took on the likes of many alliances- some considered contenders for the crown- some not and in the end we are simply looking at the obvious fun of the game.

Do we spend the next 6 months simming and doing only internals and turtling- or do we go out with the core value and enjoyment- a possible blaze of glory fighting the super power in the core?

It's a simple question and a simple answer for us.

To PGM- I will always consider your players friends and worthy opponents and if you choose to see me as anything else, that is of course your right. I don't see how being on opposite sides must mean you cannot be friends as well but to each their own.

Consider us your final exam!

Such strong responses already! Some very very angry, some very very offended.

I encourage all attacks both personal and pixel. However, if anyone is so interested in a fuller story for this. Read on.

"Cyaphas! You've been friends with PGM for so long, how can you attack them? How can you plot and conspire against them?!"

Well you see, a few weeks ago a conversation started within our leadership. Believe or not the plan has always been to go into O46, take control of that, and then own the three southern oceans and build our WW from there and sim out to the end. Unnatural Selection with the help of Nameless Faction, started to bastion off O46 and were preparing for a long long war of attrition. They lost many players in the mean time, and many cities in O56, but if they could maintain control of O46 it would be a problem for us.

SO when we noticed the WW clock hit 7 months our discussion began of what we could do. PGM at the time owned 1200 cities in O55 alone. The only way we could hope to keep up with them was to average about 10 cs a day. Something that we simply couldn't handle. So the math game went out the window. For a while we simply let it play out to see just how good we could do, but as I said the numbers weren't there. So two options fell on the table-

An internal game of king of the hill- or fight PGM.
From September 12th- Edited for anonymity
skype.png

Now many times we have been contacted about fighting PGM, and to this point we have always had the same answer- No. A fact that many leaders are sure to agree with.

As the discussion continued an announcement was made to the alliance to ask for their input. Now a few were hesitant- calling it a foolish and suicidal.

However the majority answered as such when the announcement went out yesterday-

Edited for anonymity
skype2.png

"But Cyaphas, why were you planning one attacking later? Why weren't you going to be honorable and tell them!?"

Now that is an excellent question, though I'm afraid the answer is simple- time. The alliance was finding out about this plan for the first time, with all their resources set to the western front, it was important that we give them time to prepare because as soon as PGM found out- we all knew what would happen.

"I guess that makes sense, Cy. But still don't you think it's still rude to attack them? I mean if not for them, would you even exist right now?"

Another great question. In truth, who knows what would have happened. One can speculate that should no NAP have existed, they could have pushed south and trounced us. One could also speculate, that should there have been no NAP, Dragons(at the time) would have pacted with both Barbarians, Great White Death, and Unnatural selection and BS would have been too weakened to even merge with PGM in the first place and then who knows what would happen. But again- so much speculation and not enough facts to base anything one way or another.

"I guess that's true. We ALL know what assuming does! :D. So what happens now? When will you be pacting with all the coalitions?"

The truth is we wont. Our intention has been to go out of this world with a fight. And as I said in the letter above, some of us actually respect PGM and feel that fighting them is something that should be done in the spirit of this GAME. I mean, they did say they hate hand holding didnt they?

"Now Cyaphas, I have to say- you are being awfully sarcastic right now. That's not like you."

You're correct, and I probably shouldn't be- but the truth is when people decide to start attacking my character and calling me names, well I get a little hurt, especially when they are doing it without all the facts. I mean, I would love to be credited as a mastermind/evil genius who from the get go was manipulating PGM with the intent to overthrow them in the last few months. But the truth is- I'm not.

And if it was my plan all along, I probably wouldn't have waited for PGM to outnumber us by over double in score, collect even more allies as they finally cut the dead weight, and for all our potential allies to be badly damaged from constantly fighting with them.

Food for thought individuals who shall not be named.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

U do know that a big piece of your cake belongs with us right?

DeletedUser

U do know that a big piece of your cake belongs with us right?

I'm honestly not trying to be rude here, but I'm afraid I don't quite follow your meaning.

So a few personal notes will now have to cross the forums it seems.

hello all former dragons members. i was sad today to find out the plans of betrayal that dragons leadership has bestowed upon the many players in dragons who have been our allies for so long. since the early days of this server when i was leading brute squad, i formed a friendship and respect for this alliance. and did everything i could to help dragons grow. long term i had envisioned a partnership that could extend even into the wonder phase of lindos. unfortunately, your team of leaders felt that a betrayal of our diplomacy was what was best for everyone. i have mixed emotions over this turn of events.

if any players do not agree with what has transpired today, please leave the alliance asap and re-form dragons and we will honor the NAP between us that has stood for so long. dont let the ideas of a few ruin the enjoyment of the game for the many.

godspeed fellow gamers.

-spartan-fury-

For starters- I highly encourage anyone who wishes to leave Dragons to do so. I am delighted that they offered this because it takes the weight of my decision from ending the game for others, a fact that I was really unhappy about but couldn't find a solution.

Second- I would like to point out that Spartan and I have been on skype for quite a while and often conversed rather fondly, until this moment. I'm sad to see him take this action so personally and it should be noted that much of the prior postings were in response to his abrasive behavior. While many might not believe it, I have actually been not only Spartan's champion within our ranks over numerous issues between members of BS and Dragons and then a champion for PGM and DoM, I respect his desire to send a pm to others to try and drop our ranks.

EDIT: Along with this posting, this MM has gone out to the members of Final Exam-DoM
qz34.png

Also. I know this is carrying on but I wanted to say, I am shocked at all the "Et tu Brute" references. I mean don't get me wrong I love how educated in Shakespeare our modern society tends to be but, little dramatic don't you think?

And to be honest, I'm shocked that so many will say how could you do this, in the same breath they say, if not for us you wouldn't be around.

If we are so easy to knock over, why are you so upset at the chance to do so?

Don't mistake, this isn't me bragging. I know we won't land every cs, and we will lose cities. Heck we might not ever take on from you guys- but it's still a game about war. At least try and enjoy beating someone up?
:pro:

DeletedUser

WOW... more bps now lol! look at their conquests folks very frightening :D

DeletedUser

So, how long u guys been planning this?? Don't lie! U didn't just wake up and decided to declare war on us.

U want to brake the nap, fair game! At least let everyone know in advance and give us all time to rearrange as a matter of respect, u benefited from the nap for as long as i can think of and decide to end it with a well planned backstabbing? Just cant believe yr players are ok with it!

DeletedUser

U want to brake the nap, fair game! At least let everyone know in advance and give us all time to rearrange as a matter of respect, u benefited from the nap for as long as i can think of and decide to end it with a well planned backstabbing? Just cant believe yr players are ok with it!

It's a war game, and we all know war is far from honorable.

DeletedUser

At least let everyone know in advance and give us all time to rearrange as a matter of respect

He is giving you advanced notice by formally declaring war. I don't know what more you want from him. As for respect, stop trying to bring dishonor to his name. Cyaphas is honorable and is doing this to add to the legacy of his alliance. Instead of whining why don't you settle it on the field. War is war, anything goes.

DeletedUser27346

We could have started it with conquest attempts. :pro:

DeletedUser

In all defense the letter was supposed to go up before the attacks, so no Lem is correct it should have been that way. However the idea to attack you is much newer believe it or not. The idea of being ready incase pgm decided to attack us was in the back of our mind at times yes, I'm not afraid to say so it would be silly to not be open to the idea. But as I've mentioned, the plan and consequent decision to take the offensive was recent.

DeletedUser14937

For so long PGM has sat on top with a group of skilled players, a fact that no one should deny.

Actually we're not that great and perfect, we're just made to look extremely awesome by the depressingly poor quality of enemies on this world

DeletedUser

Aww, I don't believe that, but lets see what the future holds!

For those that have any interest, I will admit that I was rather down earlier. I knew some would be upset but i certainly didn't anticipate it to be this much and for that I am truly sorry. However, after seeing how excited everyone is about having a good old fashioned fight on our hands, I know this was the right way to go.

Those still upset I say bring it to the oceans. Let's give this world some thing to see!

DeletedUser

Good on you mate :) Holding hands is never the way to go, PGM should respect you for that at least

DeletedUser

You guys, as well as most alliances start wars the wrong way.

You:
Announced on the forum and to the, now enemy that you are at war.

How it should have been done:
Dont tell anyone, plan a big op. When they ask why u r attacking, dont even open their PMs and lose contact with them

And who cares about honorability, its a war in a WAR game