Open Letter to Lindos

DeletedUser

While yes very impressive, and would certainly have been tough to beat- especially that last one with 3 attacks at the -1 timer; for the most part yours aren't that much better. There are still 4 attacks within 2 seconds of the CS landing on their op and you only have one example of a cs op with more than 3 attacks within 2 seconds.

That's not to take away from yours, and your support timers were definitely better, but I don't think you should slight theirs at all. I think they are all impressive. Just a thought.

DeletedUser20415

I didnt like the fact there was no support same second as CS

+ I have seen their timing before so many times

There are still 4 attacks within 2 seconds of the CS landing on their op and you only have one example of a cs op with more than 3 attacks within 2 seconds.

mate, thats by me alone, imagine there was 10 guys timing the same as me.

and those last 2 attacks, were the only attacks i launched and were in the radar of timing .

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

It's time for another story time with Cyaphas. I have to admit- today I'm a little annoyed and tired. I will forgive that over and over people find it appropriate to disagree with certain actions and the reason behind them- I will even tolerate the personal attack of calling me a liar. I find it ironic that it can come from the same people who laud actions they find beneficial but- neither here nor there. Today pushed a button for me however.

So, today started out like any other day- a few more harbor checks and spies towards the highly disliked new cities in O54. So far we had managed to stop I want to say 4-5 cs's(possibly more, but I think that's a pretty fair guess.) Now, each time I have tried to reach out to members of the trio- aside from usually being met with minor hostility or unpleasantness- a trend of sorts started to develop. This key characteristic in the view points of the northern powers was certainly not something they were afraid to demonstrate and they have continued to hold true to it.

I will paraphrase for now- "O54 is ours. We beat up Srbija. No matter who else is there, it's our ocean and we will own it, everyone else is just ready to be plowed over." (There might be a few liberties but not as many as you might suspect.)

Now, I have been the first to acknowledge that the Trio are nothing to sluff-off. Some really solid players, and a group that is dedicated and active. One needs only go back through the TOP 12 thread to see such an acknowledgement over and over- and yet today I have to say, I was disappointed.

Back to my story- Today started out like normal and then shortly after- BOOM- the world starts to go crazy in the north. To forums start to pile up with incoming times- and the wheels begin to show a rather impressive operation is in the works. This becomes even further confirmed by the first of many! pm's on the day.

We begin with my first one- I love the social aspect of the game and practically everyone who has fought with me can attest, I love to chat about a conquest or a harbor check or what have you.

pm1.png

Shortly after that begins the real conversations however.

pm2.png

Nice and cordial- nothing too aggressive. For those curious what was prepared- we had some 9(?) cs's enroute to us. Hitting in small groups, 3 or 4 at once and then the rest. Some had attacks starting 6-7 hours early- some had attacks as far as 9 hours out.

The conversation continues...

pm3.png

Now here we see a pretty confident and executed plan of attack. Lots of LS, lots of ground attacks- and a full load of fun to go with it! A slight trace of ego- but I'll chalk that up to the confidence in his alliance, right? Nothing wrong with that is there?

But then the conversation turns a bit- discussing once again our presence in the north.

pm4.png

You can see here, a bit of dislike. You see the ocean ownership start to apply itself as well. :Angry:
Now- Im going to split the next section of PM's in half because it's important to see the interesting change that takes place. These next set comes on the heels of 4 of their cs's being sunk.

pm5.png

You can see that after exposing their own (brilliant) plan- one that I simply can't imagine anyone else having noticed when you consider all the possibilities that a group of alliances could have against 16! cities working with an alliance that you have so completely beaten as you like to point out- I have to admit- I was stunned into silence.

pm6.png

Ok, maybe not. I never was any good with silence :)o)

Throughout that exchange we manage to sink the rest of the cs's that were coming save 1 they would soon manage to land. (Well done)

So I will admit- after being provoked a bit I was feeling a little bold. Thus the little zest with that last comment but apparently- he was having none of it!

pm7.png

I was appalled. You're members have just sent 300+ attacks against 16 cities. Everyone fought hard on both sides of the fence with everyone finding some success and you have the gall and the nerve to insult your own players not only directly! but by arguing that what they accomplished wasn't much because they were against veteran players.

How dare you. That any leadership would hold this kind of opinion on their members is disgusting to me. EVERYONE starts this game somewhere- for some this is their first world, some their second, some their 9th! But that they dedicated time to helping their fellow alliance and pact mates, to enjoy a GAME and have fun with them is all this should ever be about.

You're members played hard today- and we simply managed to win out in most cases- nothing more, nothing less. Congratulate them, encourage them for the work they've done and be ready for the next major op you plan.

We are going to spend the next few days buried in VP just like you guys are and that is the whole point. Someone is going to get defender and probably attacker of the day because everyone worked together to make this happen. Our skype and forums were blowing up with cheers and excitement at each attack, at each timing- hearts were racing as people had to time recall snipes, and attacks- and to gloat in their forums about how good their timings were...

How can anyone ever think of taking that away from someone else, especially a member of their own alliance.

Last edited by a moderator:

udhata

Phrourach
Dear Cyaphas deep inside i know i am making a mistake to get involved in these forums because of single reason - have my own point of view - as everyone - i have my own truth and reasons of doing/ saying things.
Frst i would like to apologize - ur posts are very long and to be honest i cant thoroughly read them, so i may miss a lot of ur thoughts and ideas.
I see u mention the fun and joy of playing the game and thats what we are all here for. Then i dont understand why u go out of those limits and judge people without knowing their reason of saying specific things. Posting and commenting ur personal conversation with batalo looks to me like a try to discredit him . but as we may never see the bigger picture and why u have those cities u talk about may be u do not see the real batalo behind his words. Because words are just instrument of achieving a goal.
We usually see in others what we dislike in ourselves and people are most willing to judge exactly those aspects in others. We all have our moments of weakness when we let the emotions of the moment talk instead of our true personality and reasonable minds.
I believe most will find my words empty - but i keep reading/fooling myself i do it for fun when it is actually my curiocity that brings me here/ ... first it was PG/PM (mainly Naji) arrogance, that with time changed to confidense , then dissapointment and denial, then rage, then.... reconciliation. meanwhile that coalition thread and Snoops thing with PGM, now ur final exam. all those sound very far away from having fun and enjoying a game / even despite ur demonstration to be above the things u ctiticizing/
I believe most will get my point and my simple wish - not to forget that this is a game - it is for all of us to have fun. So when u wake up one morning and see ur city under siege - go have ur coffee ,smile and have the dignity to say : well played mate... but at least i slept well :) and i may take it back one day - ... so dear cyaphas leave those deep analysis on whoever dare whatever and have fun :)

Last edited:

DeletedUser

I have to say exceptionally well worded. And you are right, most of what I bring to the forums is for a purpose. I think there is very much a conversation to be had about the game and it's dynamic. Personally, I would love to see a private server run inside a college or a highschool just for a the social dynamic that it would demonstrate. Fascinating stuff to me. But additionally, I love to draw attention to the events of this world. So many people argue this world is dead- there is nothing left and we are hemorrhaging great players because of it. So yes! I look to create drama and conflict and excitement in the world through this additional avenue.

This particular post however, was actually much more directed and irate than most of my prior posts. My emotions getting the best of me perhaps, but I truly found those words that Batalo expressed to be ridiculous and I think everyone should know that this is the kind of behavior to be seen. That being said, I could have blocked out his name it's true, but I decided against it. Not my brightest moment but it really pushed me the wrong way. So Batalo, I apologize. It doesn't change that I feel this attitude to be reprehensible but I apologize that the ire became personally directed.

As for waking up with a siege in progress, I encourage it! I would happily congratulate you guys, much as I have done not only in the past but even within that same post. I know I get long worded and love to write books, but I will happily have the dignity as you put it, to congratulate anyone who plays well.

DeletedUser31450

I have often thought about a private server run through a high school or something, i thought it would be cool :)

DeletedUser

I was appalled. You're members have just sent 300+ attacks against 16 cities. Everyone fought hard on both sides of the fence with everyone finding some success and you have the gall and the nerve to insult your own players not only directly! but by arguing that what they accomplished wasn't much because they were against veteran players.

How dare you. That any leadership would hold this kind of opinion on their members is disgusting to me. EVERYONE starts this game somewhere- for some this is their first world, some their second, some their 9th! But that they dedicated time to helping their fellow alliance and pact mates, to enjoy a GAME and have fun with them is all this should ever be about.

You're members played hard today- and we simply managed to win out in most cases- nothing more, nothing less. Congratulate them, encourage them for the work they've done and be ready for the next major op you plan.

We are going to spend the next few days buried in VP just like you guys are and that is the whole point. Someone is going to get defender and probably attacker of the day because everyone worked together to make this happen. Our skype and forums were blowing up with cheers and excitement at each attack, at each timing- hearts were racing as people had to time recall snipes, and attacks- and to gloat in their forums about how good their timings were...
How can anyone ever think of taking that away from someone else, especially a member of their own alliance.

If you take the time to read bats last message you had to post, you will see he said " You have Hero players on other side " which is referring to his side, not your side. So he isn't insulting his own players.

DeletedUser

I'm curious how that would make any sense in context. Not denying the possibility, just curious.

DeletedUser

Some things get lost in translation when english is not your first language. It seems to be the case with this situation, though i'm not inside Batalo's head, so cant say for certain either way.

Hope all are enjoying the battles, is the point of being here after all.

DeletedUser27346

If i remember right werent the "hero" worlds a complete failure, any one could get in after a month or two of playing the game? Whats the top player got in cities now couple hundered?

DeletedUser32373

If i remember right werent the "hero" worlds a complete failure, any one could get in after a month or two of playing the game? Whats the top player got in cities now couple hundered?

In Achilles the guy with the most cities has 226, but he is #2 in points ;)

DeletedUser11965

it doesnt matter if he has 226, the highest recorded was around 400~450