Open Letter to Lindos

DeletedUser

A few of you guys are missing some data here.....

Cyaphas writes eloquently and indeed he could sell sand to the Arabs. However, throughout this world he has played a carefully crafted selfish game with his own interests at heart. He is no ones fool and has this strategy well thought out.

He was asked repeatedly throughout this Lindos forum about his relationship with PGM etc and he denied denied denied that there was either minimal linkage or no linkage. We in the beginning knew the truth but the guy simply lost credibility with his denials.

One of his many posts on this forum for us ALL to read was such :-

Thanks! I like being new faces. As for an agreement with PG/PM MRA, We've actually had minimal contact with PG/PM. Early on, when we talked about BS infact, was the most of it. How awkward is that?!

We are just simple alliance playing from the rim. No academy, and not part of an MRA. We have picked our members specifically and saw an opening with BS merging.

What do you have to worry about us for anyway? We ended up in a fight with Barbarians, concluded that. Saw Unnaturals and their list of allies and moved to fight them. Other than that we follow an old mentality- Enemies of my enemies... or something like that.

That diplomatic enough of an answer for trolls and shadows to whisper about?

And remember readers he was fully supported by everyones friend Naji in these assertions. Now we see the political wax lyrical Cyaphas trying to play the very same game of politics and bluff with PGM as he tries to progress his own self interests.

I think that the many good players and especially those with the experience of playing Grepo at the highest levels will see past all the long winded and wordy posts in the threat and will actually see he writes a lot and says nothing in an effort to muddy the waters.

If you were a politician Cyaphas I have to admit I'd vote for you. You can talk lots and say nothing which is an art in itself! You play a great game of diplomacy and you deserve great credit for it. It thats how you play your opponents will need to get up early in the morning to match you at this trait.

Good luck and best wishes to all.....

DeletedUser

Caesar it's been awhile. You make some very interesting comments. Yes, I will agree very much of what I do is pick my way through a conversation. I think it's incorrect to say it was my interests at heart, but rather my attempts to help the alliance. You might feel differently, but that is up to each person.

That beings said, all I have ever maintained is that we had minimal contact, which was actually true we didn't talk very much for a while, and we didn't start with a shared forum. And that we have never had a pact. So yes, Naji did support both of these statements and we simply continued to not mention us. You could argue a lie of omission at best it's true. If you read between the lines on that post as well, the opening we had when BS merged, and the "enemy of my enemy" quote actually directs to the fact that PGM were in a friendly light with us. The full adage for those who might not know is "the enemy of my enemy is my friend." Which in this case- Unnaturals were our enemy, and their enemy was PGM, which made sense to leave PGM on good terms.

We did publicly and multiple times acknowledge a NAP both on the forums and in numerous pm's that I received. Now you are correct, I am doing the exact thing with Nameless and LoK because once again we do not have a pact, simply another NAP. That's kind of been the entire point- we set ourselves into the exact same position that we did with PGM. Something that we have also acknowledged and admitted. So to accuse that I say nothing, is really quite incorrect.

In the end, everyone has to decide what they believe and that's fine. I can promise you something though, you will never see me on a podium with politics. I hate them with a passion, haha. I appreciate the praise though.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser20415

Caesar, I will make it quick mate, BS want to merge, we said ok, we had no room for all people, they said some of us will go to dragons and we want to nap them. At that point all the members near them were actually ex BS, so technically if I refused and war Dragons not a single PGM original is there, so what the point, I didnt care and agreed. Then they wanted a shared forum, i said yes as well, then they wanted a shared reservation, i gave them a big fat no.

If it makes any sense that shared forum, was the deadliest grepolis forum i ever saw, not a single post for weeks, maybe 1 each month.

So here I am giving u all details.

Now about what u said, I agree with u pretty much on this, Cyaphas is one of the best politicians of grepolis I ever saw ! he literally took the fight on behalf of his whole alliance, not using swords, using his mouth. BP/points ratio maybe a nice proof for that. Now here u must think do u admire him being a political fox or dislike him for using his mouth rather then his troops in a war game ?

DeletedUser

I think Naji summed it pretty nicely. I'm not a great fighter. I would say decent, but not great by any sense of the word. Diplomacy was always a much better device for me.

I've certainly lagged in my fighting for a while now, but I don't think that changes the fact that like Naji said, I pick words over swords.

And as Naji said, that forum was a joke. Most of the posts on it were last minute "hey we could use some help," or "hey I'm sending a cs here, please don't kill it."

DeletedUser

Well as it turns out, I get to go about this new revelation correctly. A new set of circumstances has come about over the last few weeks, and while some will undoubtedly cry "false" I thought it important to follow the process that I feel is correct.

A bit of back-story. For a while the leadership had been discussing the logistics of the world and our position in regards to making a run at WW. During that time a few members would intermittently ask about plans for WW and why we had yet to announce them- the truth was we were waiting. The options were not in our favor and we were looking into as many scenarios and possibilities as we could to try and bring a solid effort and chance at ww to our members. In the end, we were unable to find one that didn't seem like it would ruin our alliance, and cause us to watch players walk away out of simming boredom. Thus we went with the fighting option. As stated our intent was to have fun and simply fight against some great players.

Shortly after the fighting broke out, a member brought WW up to us once again, and after a lengthy conversation with him, a forum poll was created. The options- 1) No we can't win. 2) Yes we can win. 3) I'm just here to fight.

The poll was up for about 3 days before a decision was made. The following are segments of a letter that was posted into our alliance forums today.

Now part of the reason for these leadership changes are because of the poll that was recently in the forums. Our hope and intent in this alliance has always been to provide the most positive and fun environment for our members. Now, admittedly we have stumbled at times, but as a whole, I think we have been successful. And in return for creating that environment we have been rewarded with an alliance that is build among friends. This is our greatest achievement. In terms of the world we have accomplished more than just that though and that is why I have always been so proud of us. We have tangled with titans and continued on; each time looking for the next goal, and now you have stood together and said, WW is what you want.

...there is a lot of planning that will need to be happening... For starters, we will be furthering our diplomatic intents and look to change our NAPs into full pacts.

Now before I continue, there are two things to understand here, and I'll make sure I'm not "muddying the water." We have had some changes in our leadership, however I am continuing as a founder. Which means I am going against my prior statements regarding pacts. You are welcome to paint this however you like everyone, whether it be, this was the plan all along or not. The truth will always be that I had no intention of leading us to this path. The situation is what it is, and I refuse to not do everything I can for the members who have placed themselves alongside me. Even if it means going against my intents.

This is just a small portion of what is ahead of us, and with all those logistics said, I want to focus on one of the big discussion points that have been going on with us as we plan our direction.

We have built a community. We rely on each other and many have fully embraced the social aspect of this game which means so much to us...

There was some curiosity running about when I changed our name to Final Exam. Whether it was about being PGMs final exam, or Lindos'. After the fact a very good, albeit unintended truth was made. This was all about us. This is OUR final exam. And I know we will meet this challenge the same way we have met every other one that has been in front of us

Together, and with everything we have.
The fact that I can make that claim without a doubt in my mind, is something I will never forget.

Good hunting, and lets show everyone just how good we can be.

Please don't mistake. I am under no illusion that because we have ended up as number 1, that this will be simple. It's no benchmark of our work, that other alliances have been restructuring and dropped in ranks and I certainly don't think that what we are going for will be easy.

I will tell you this though. We have a plan in action. Good or bad we are going for it. If you assume for even a moment that what we have done so far is a measure of us, then you have sorely underestimated us. We know how good our opponents are. We know how much better they will be going forward.

This war is just getting started friends.
let's play

DeletedUser

Man you sure like to update everyone with your alliances inner workings. Really unnecessary, but good luck with WW all the same. :p

DeletedUser

Well seeing as some find it necessary to announce our inner workings, I figured it better to expedite the process.

DeletedUser

I always enjoy reading what Cyaphas has to say. He has a distinct, elaborate writing style and I like how he expresses his message when he writes.

DeletedUser31450

I always enjoy reading what Cyaphas has to say. He has a distinct, elaborate writing style and I like how he expresses his message when he writes.

Im with you here, I get onto the forum everyday just in the hope I may see some more of his posts :)

DeletedUser43631

Hi guys,

Great thread, a lot of players made some very valid arguments here. Overall, a very good reading.

However, I do want to point out a few things:

The PG/PM/BS merger. This merger destroyed the balance of this server and this happened 13 months before WW. Some may say it was a brilliant strategic move, but I would say it was a very monopolistic move – the top 3 alliances merging. The keyword: monopolistic. A lot of players quit the server because of this merger, fighting for survival was not appealing to them. This left PGM with no real enemies, by real enemies I mean equal in strength enemies. I doubt I will see any rational counter-arguments on what I stated here.

The PGM/DoM-FE Nap. This was advantageous to PGM as well since they didn’t have to worry about their South front and it allowed PGM to concentrate all their power towards a specific front - the alliance in their way never had a chance. So, this nap was advantageous to all parties.

The attacks on Cyaphas character. I met Cyphas a long time ago and until recently we were enemies. Our relationship was always based on mutual respect and trust. I have yet to see any unethical behavior from Cyaphas. Anyone making negative statements about his character doesn’t know him and those statements are based solely on the recent changes - it didn’t make a lot of players happy. Not sure why either, what was expected from him? The keep the PGM Nap forever and just hand over the server to PGM for free? Please explain.

The status quo is over. Lindos is a very dynamic server, alliances that do not adapt to new situations will perish, this one is a guarantee. We have 6 months till WW so plenty more changes to come. So, let’s move on and we’ll see how this server will play out.

It’s just a game - Some pixels on a monitor. Nothing more, nothing less. Remember this.

On a side note: The online behavior of every player reflects his real life character, keep this in mind.

DeletedUser

This thread is more like a book, reading this was a bit of commitment.

Brute should have not merged with anyone, every profile of the B squad has brute to the end. As far as PGM go's in my corner of the world players who were concerned about them did not want to fight them, this is unacceptable behavior for a man.

Now what I have seen is 4 groups of players on this server and everyone else in the middle, that said read.

I have warned players before joining up 3 top alliances that this drags the server into a dark place where everyone ends up losing situation now has turned and PGM is out looking in and the players remaining on server are much established, missing from this is the new silver alliance and this snow alliance that has been here just moving around to much and has held O44 for a few months now.

I started late here on server and I have seen a broad lack of diversity, my own attempts to lead an alliance was interfered with by members of one group of players I was unfortunate enough to start next to geographically. I have watched countless alliances rise and fall I see this again and I know knowledge is this DoM + Coalition is winning now others are waiting and some are falling and we all know who we are or at least can sense it.

DeletedUser20415

Hi guys,

The PGM/DoM-FE Nap. This was advantageous to PGM as well since they didn’t have to worry about their South front and it allowed PGM to concentrate all their power towards a specific front - the alliance in their way never had a chance. So, this nap was advantageous to all parties.

That Nap shouldnt have been given at first place, what ruined this world is the " Friends policy ", He is my friend I wont attack him, I mean com on its a war game, if he is your friend he should be under your flag, Dont get me wrong having personal naps is acceptable but naping an entire alliance coz he have 1 or 2 friend is not.

When we gave those dragons the NAP, PGM was at full strenght, all players motivated and active, dragons would disband in one week if they didnt had that nap at that time, as all the other alliances did.

From your point of view PGM - Dragons is benefit from both, well in reality it was saving the little alliance from the big beast coming from the north. All what that nap made, is destroying the southern players motivations for this game, and let our future enemy grow in peace, while our activity become less and less ( all the repo is a strong proof)

What destroyed this world, is there was no competitor for PGM, first we though it was BS, then after BS fall, we though its alfa, then after alfa come srbija. Players were bored, the world was too easy, they lost their motivation, most of them left, and the one who stayed are at half of their usual activity (me included)

The whole world pacted against us too late, beleive or not, that worked for their advantage, once started PGM was one of the best alliance ever made in the history of en server, but then later, everyone was too easy, so big beast went into a sleeping one.

DeletedUser27793

Adding to what naji said I dont think PGM had any enemies at the time when BS merged with PGM

DeletedUser

What a statement Naji. I must disagree though.

You make the presumption that you would have had to fight Dragons alone. A fallacy to be sure. Pgm had many parties in the south who wanted so badly to join against them. You are also making an assumption that the players that you didn't have spots for would be ok with waiting around.

It is admittedly possible that PGM would have run us over. I find it rather interesting though, that the great opponents you talk about were all in the north. A location that as mentioned, you could pour almost all efforts into without fear of southern reprisal.

You are boasting with hypotheticals. A very poor position to hold to. And truthfully I can't get over the continued irony of you complaining about hand holding. PG/PM was a rather long running pact.

DeletedUser

That Nap shouldnt have been given at first place, what ruined this world is the " Friends policy ", He is my friend I wont attack him, I mean com on its a war game, if he is your friend he should be under your flag, Dont get me wrong having personal naps is acceptable but naping an entire alliance coz he have 1 or 2 friend is not.

When we gave those dragons the NAP, PGM was at full strenght, all players motivated and active, dragons would disband in one week if they didnt had that nap at that time, as all the other alliances did.

From your point of view PGM - Dragons is benefit from both, well in reality it was saving the little alliance from the big beast coming from the north. All what that nap made, is destroying the southern players motivations for this game, and let our future enemy grow in peace, while our activity become less and less ( all the repo is a strong proof)

What destroyed this world, is there was no competitor for PGM, first we though it was BS, then after BS fall, we though its alfa, then after alfa come srbija. Players were bored, the world was too easy, they lost their motivation, most of them left, and the one who stayed are at half of their usual activity (me included)

The whole world pacted against us too late, beleive or not, that worked for their advantage, once started PGM was one of the best alliance ever made in the history of en server, but then later, everyone was too easy, so big beast went into a sleeping one.

No. Not the best ever haha! Look this is a reacquiring problem when the biggest of the big get together heads get bigger, no way the best of nothing sleeping and when you wake up---wake up!! Big fat heads is all, bloody no good when this happens and it happens to much on servers and social gaming.

Now you ask why this happens, because the biggest do not want to fight hard battles against someone their own size or bigger, thus already asleep when the morals fail and a man is less of a man when he decides to make only big friends and have only medium enemies.

When you see this happening and understand it walk away. Players like me will still remain here and active even when others have designed their beds to lay in.

The same alpha players are in the game after the cowards joined you they now have their own alliance again in O44 server is not destroyed it just has the same problem of players not wanting to fight each other and using diplomacy as an excuse.

DeletedUser20415

No. Not the best ever haha! Look this is a reacquiring problem when the biggest of the big get together heads get bigger, no way the best of nothing sleeping and when you wake up---wake up!! Big fat heads is all, bloody no good when this happens and it happens to much on servers and social gaming.

Now you ask why this happens, because the biggest do not want to fight hard battles against someone their own size or bigger, thus already asleep when the morals fail and a man is less of a man when he decides to make only big friends and have only medium enemies.

When you see this happening and understand it walk away. Players like me will still remain here and active even when others have designed their beds to lay in.

The same alpha players are in the game after the cowards joined you they now have their own alliance again in O44 server is not destroyed it just has the same problem of players not wanting to fight each other and using diplomacy as an excuse.

80% of the original squad left, just because everyone was wayyyy too easy compared to them, when u found players with half of their skill, give me a call ;)