Not a Bug Opening 2 or more attack windows disabled?

• Thread starter DeletedUser21784
  • Start date

DeletedUser21784

Don't know if it's a bug or a feature ...

When timing attacks/supports, it was always a good trick to open 2 or more attack/support windows at the same time. So if a timing failed, you could recall and resend your troops very quickly. Since the last update (as of today) this isn't possible anymore. Why has the multi window feature been disabled?

I'm very unhappy about it, timing attacks/supports properly is much more difficult now. Please bring the multi windows back! Thanks.

DeletedUser

Opening more than one attack window at the same time was a bug that was fixed with the update today.

DeletedUser

umm yeh that's not a bug and it needs to be re-instated as a feature.

Zarun-

Strategos
Opening more than one attack (or support) window was extremely useful in case you got bad timing and had to recall your troops.

You could have two windows open with the max amount to send and use the 2nd to send quicker after recalling.

This was a very useful 'feature' and I'm sure I'm not the only one who would like to see it reinstated.

DeletedUser

This is a change to game play. It is unbelievable to me that you would completely change an aspect of the game like this in the middle of a game. Many, many people used this feature to attack/support. It is very disappointing that this change was made.

DeletedUser5819

This is a change to game play. It is unbelievable to me that you would completely change an aspect of the game like this in the middle of a game.
I take it from this that you are as new to the game as you are to the forum. No offence intended, but I did laugh :D

Bungdit Din

Phrourach
It would be nice if we as the people who pay to keep this game alive are asked on any so called 'fixes' before they are actually changed. I can't understand how this has been originally classed as a 'bug'.

All browsers allow the opening of multiple windows, so why would you think that the opening of extra attack/support window as an error that needs fixing

DeletedUser

I take it from this that you are as new to the game as you are to the forum. No offence intended, but I did laugh :D

Obviously i am a huge noob. Never played before. Terrible at this game. I am just stating there are some things in the game that changing mid stream is no big deal. This is a huge change.

DeletedUser5819

Obviously i am a huge noob. Never played before. Terrible at this game. I am just stating there are some things in the game that changing mid stream is no big deal. This is a huge change.
You have completely missed my point, for the obvious reasons.

You may be a great player for all I know, but your surprise that a little change like this would be made, and your reference to the "middle" of the game, puts your arrival time as since any of the vast array of game changing features that have been rolled out over the past year. Not to mention the even more huge change 2-3 years ago, from which the game will never recover (revolt/endgame/farming/etc).

If a change in how many windows you can have open is astonishing to you, then you must have joined since Heroes.
About 15 worlds still open started before Island quests.
The earliest world still open started days after tutorial quests, which had about 5 quests back then.

I hope you stay and enjoy Grepolis for a good long time. Long enough to see this as the very beginning of your game. Your capacity to be surprised at changes will certainly reduce :)

DeletedUser

You have completely missed my point, for the obvious reasons.

You may be a great player for all I know, but your surprise that a little change like this would be made, and your reference to the "middle" of the game, puts your arrival time as since any of the vast array of game changing features that have been rolled out over the past year. Not to mention the even more huge change 2-3 years ago, from which the game will never recover (revolt/endgame/farming/etc).

If a change in how many windows you can have open is astonishing to you, then you must have joined since Heroes.
About 15 worlds still open started before Island quests.
The earliest world still open started days after tutorial quests, which had about 5 quests back then.

I hope you stay and enjoy Grepolis for a good long time. Long enough to see this as the very beginning of your game. Your capacity to be surprised at changes will certainly reduce :)

Heroes was not a big deal. Island quests not a big deal. This change goes to the fundamental structure of attacking and defending. This is not some branch off for resources or spells. It cuts straight to the fundamentals of attacking and defending. The two most basic concepts in the game. This is my first world back in 6 months or so. I really like the heroes even though they are slightly more work. This change is to fundamental mechanics and a much bigger deal to me. I changed my messageboard name to match my game name. Not my first rodeo.

DeletedUser40768

Heroes was not a big deal. Island quests not a big deal. This change goes to the fundamental structure of attacking and defending. This is not some branch off for resources or spells. It cuts straight to the fundamentals of attacking and defending. The two most basic concepts in the game. This is my first world back in 6 months or so. I really like the heroes even though they are slightly more work. This change is to fundamental mechanics and a much bigger deal to me.

Island quests and heroes were a big deal though. Before them players did not grow nearly as fast as they do now, not to mention the boost provided by the heroes are very big ones. They also went to the fundamental structure of attacking and defending because now even simmers can have nice armies thanks to the island quests alone. Now with heroes troops are fighting stronger than ever, turtles are harder to crack with Leonidas and bireme walls and LS nukes do more damage with Zuretha. Now you can get an extra culture point randomly without even earning it, no way you can say they were not a big deal. Now with all this said I liked both additions to the game.

As for the multi window thing it is now really a big deal as much as you guys are making it. Players can still send a trireme to snipe then cancel if needed, slow transport and cancel if needed, and then the regular attack itself. 3 tries quite frankly is more than enough, and could be more if you have fast reactions.

DeletedUser

I agree with trireme, etc. However, you took opportunities and at least cut them in half if not more.

DeletedUser5819

Heroes was not a big deal.
I really hope you are right, but I think you are not.
Island quests not a big deal...... This is my first world back in 6 months or so.
So how would you know the effect on the game of changes which happened 15 months ago? Joseph is right. These and a multitude of other changes put together have made a huge difference to the game. Of course they have!
The changes to gold use - infinitely bigger than this.

Anyway, whilst I liked being able to have several tabs open, I got used to the change many months ago, an even having to use different browsers for different worlds, so to the more veteren players complaining, I am surprised this is a surprise.

DeletedUser23986

Anyway, whilst I liked being able to have several tabs open, I got used to the change many months ago, an even having to use different browsers for different worlds, so to the more veteren players complaining, I am surprised this is a surprise.

You can have multiple tabs open for same world or different worlds on any browser. That change/'fix' was rolled back immediately, so i think this one should too.

DeletedUser

I really hope you are right, but I think you are not. So how would you know the effect on the game of changes which happened 15 months ago? Joseph is right. These and a multitude of other changes put together have made a huge difference to the game. Of course they have!
The changes to gold use - infinitely bigger than this.

Well 15 months ago, I was playing. I took a 6 month break and started back in Mochlos. That is how I would know what happened 15 months ago.

I have not problem with multiple browsers did that anyway.

DeletedUser5819

Well 15 months ago, I was playing. I took a 6 month break and started back in Mochlos. That is how I would know what happened 15 months ago.
Cool. There seems to be a language barrier as much as a difference of opinion here.

DeletedUser

I don't see why some people are so concerned about this, this is a tiny tiny tiny change.

DeletedUser

no, it's rather large from a timing perspective.

ps. thank you richard for passing the feedback along, it's much appreciated.