Operation Herodotus

DeletedUser

Thanks for the archiving of all the history of Beta! I would like to make a meaningless shout out for my original alliance in Beta, The Jolly Rogers. We were a small, insignificant band of players that were set upon early on by The Dead Rabbits. I had the misfortune of having my starter city on the same island - right next door, actually - to the starter city of TDR's leader, some chick by the name of Sephirothine.

So we struggled from the start. As an act of desperation, we choose to merge with Demon Law Breakers, a rather large MRA alliance. Within the first 2 days of joining them, all hell breaks loose within the leadership and a mass-expulsion of members takes place, including several of former Jolly Rogers members (some crazy goings on about possible warring with AOA). The remaining JR members flee for our lives and re-form JR, some choose to quit the game.

Then by great fortune we joined Pheonix of Carthage as a "protectorate" initially, then became full-fledged members. I used to have the exact dates up to very recently, but Grepostats suddenly no longer has that data.

We engaged in no wars of any consequence, but I wanted to give a shout out anyways...

:)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser13405

See...now thats the kind of info we need for a history of Beta thread.

DeletedUser

See...now thats the kind of info we need for a history of Beta thread.

Thanks GS...looking back at my own thread history, let me revise my above post: We started out as The Jolly Rogers, then join DLB as I posted above. I guess one or two from JR didn't move over due to be inactive, so we made them leaders of JR, so JR was essentially a dead alliance. When we then left DLB a few days later, we couldn't reform as The Jolly Rogers as it still exited and the members in it were inactive, so we re-formed as Rogue (we all came over to Grepolis from another similar type game called Evony, and were in an alliance there named Rogue). THEN from there my above post is accurate: we go from Rogue to "Protectorate of PoC", a separate alliance from PoC consisting of about 5-6 members. Then we were finally accepted into PoC....

:)

DeletedUser

Another alliance I remember that isn't on this is Killer Bunnies... They failed big time, but were there around the start.