Opt out of peacetime

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by .magick., Apr 16, 2017.

Share This Page

1. .magick.

.magick. Hipparchus Staff Member Hero Giant Sage

Proposal: Players should have the choice to opt out of peacetime if they choose.

Reason: Not everyone enjoys peacetime. Some people have extended time off for the holidays and they might want to play games during this time.

Details: Servers enact peacetime server wide as normal. However if you go to the settings menu you could have the option to opt out. That way you can still attack and defend but with only others that choose to as well.

Visual Aids: none

Balance: Players who want the time off can have it, but players that don't can continue to play can do so, with others that chose it.

Abuse Prevention: With players having to opt out of peacetime instead if opting in, your'e automatically set to go into peacetime. By having to do extra steps to come out of it ensures that people are not going to be attacked when they don't want to be. So I don't think there wouldn't be any abuse.

Summary: Give players that want to play during weekend holidays a chance to, with others that want to play.

Lyseus, figtree2, keute and 4 others like this.
  2. pgezzy

pgezzy Hipparchus

i sooo agree... some dont have f..... lives and want to grepo hard during breaks.. but we cant why? someone thought it was a good idea to make a freaking peacetime like wtf is this. lets make this a war game already bad enough all the prissy a.. hand holding in the damn game[​IMG]

3. pixie1968

pixie1968 Chiliarch

Great idea, every holiday time i get days off but the game designers don't allow me even the option to play. In this day and age when multiple cultures play the game surely its time to give this idea some deep thought.

4. Notmad

Notmad Lochagos

I agree to complete removal of peacetime but not to this
    If only a handful accross the world choose to remove peacetime and they are far from each other the feature is quite useless
    If an alliance is being hit hard by another and quickly goes into peacetime the attacking alliance cannot do anything except attack other big predators around, making the attacked aliances form the beggining starting to come out of peacetime and attack again, etc, you get the point

the biggest problem of all. If a certain player is being attacked/sees a CS coming to him/has a feeling he is going to be OPd, he can go into peacetime, the come out later to attack, go back to peacetime when asleep, etc

Too many problems here

Please dont ban me for saying all of this Magick

5. Rachel.L

Rachel.L Hekatontarch

notmad, i think magick is saying that once you opt out you are out so no hopping around

if this idea gets instituted then i believe you need to start having peace times that more fairly represent the religions of those on the server
    EN represents a variety of ppls and if opting back in being is available this allows players to participate on their terms... eastern orthodox vs. christian christmas (bet those who are jewish, muslim, buddist, jain, hindu, etc. don't care about either) just for example
    yes i know you can't cover everything but start small or, as notmad says, remove them all

6. .magick.

Maybe it should be edited to say that you can't hop back in after you declined or maybe even no CS attacks. But having forcing entire servers into peacetime when not everyone wants it, just seems silly to me. So let those who want it have it and it goes on as planned but allow those who don't have a bit of fun while they have time off. That's all I'm saying.

7. .magick.

Why would I do that? we are allowed to have different opinions.. lol

keute and Kannerak like this.
  8. Alexander the Okay

Alexander the Okay Lochagos

I like this idea...

However, how about people get allocated extra VM and have to opt in instead of out?

I'm not opposed to the idea of holiday peace times in general, however to take Christmas as an example, not all countries that celebrate Christmas do so on December 25th. Allocating the relevant time as VM days and allowing the player a bit more flexibility with when they take time off seems a lot more suitable than assuming everyone wants to not play on December 25th/January 1st or whatever

9. Rachel.L

Rachel.L Hekatontarch

alex, this was my point about the two christmases, altho i may not have been clear
    if inno sets both peacetimes and you opt back into the playing the one you don't celebrate (or both if you aren't religious), then it is more fair for everyone
    i doubt inno would allocate more vm as this would take away from their profit... bottom line rules all

btw, so happy to see you :)

10. supafletch

supafletch Phrourach

Banging idea Maggy, so many say it but now you're asking it.

11. Kannerak

Kannerak Lochagos

Really good idea. Really well thought out. Always have holidays during these times

12. figtree2

figtree2

I do like this idea, but conquests and building of wonders should not be allowed. Anything that majorly changes the game for players should be prohibited.

13. Alexander the Okay

Alexander the Okay Lochagos

Definitely agree re: wonders. I don't think it would be good for players to opt out of peace time because of wonder building. However if players want to have the option of conquering (or being conquered) with like-minded individuals during holidays, I don't see the harm.