Deliberation Opt out of peacetime

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by .magick., Apr 16, 2017.

1. silver witch

silver witch Phrourach

I think its a great idea.

2. TobiramaSenju

TobiramaSenju Hipparchus

A point ; Wouldn't it be chaos checking different players to see whether they have opted in or out ? Will there be any visuals or would you have to keep clicking to attack and check like VM mode ?

3. Abigaill Tomsen

Abigaill Tomsen Phrourach

Seems I'll be in the minority but I don't like the idea as it will abuse the rankings.
    Players opting out of peacetime will gain ABP/DBP's, resources, city points, and possibly a CP that the players in peacetime can't get.
    If it was implemented, how can you tell which players have opted out? < what previous posted said>

Sorry for hijacking with a different idea, but for those that need their grepo fix, maybe inno could open a temporary peacetime world with super high rates?

4. .magick.

.magick. Staff Member

Perhaps players who are in peacetime could have something like the bp bubble, showing a protected status. As far as the rankings go... if you play you deserve to move up the abp/dbp rankings. I highly doubt players would join a temp peacetime world... because you know the early stages of a world is so much fun??? We only get a couple days of peacetime at the most, it would kinda be a waste.

5. figtree2

figtree2 Staff Member

I would like that... If you scroll over a city on the map, it could have a message that says "Protected until X".

6. .magick.

.magick. Staff Member

I think this is worth a bump while we are suffering through peacetime right now.

7. curadh

curadh Phrourach

This would be to open to abuse in my opinion. An alliance could all opt for Peace Time except a few players ... those in Peace Time would still be able to support without any risk whatsoever of being attacked themselves .... so either abolish all Peace Time or leave it as it is.

8. VIRTUALSELF

VIRTUALSELF Hoplite

Holidays, vacactions, droonk nights out etc. is what VM is made for. Get rid of peacetime..[​IMG]

HeliosApophis likes this.
  9. Koogi

Koogi Hoplite

Any day the stock market is closed, so is inno.

10. Tusc2010

Tusc2010 Phrourach

I just wanted to give this a bump, as I think it's quite clearly an idea that should be implemented. Improves the game for some, does not change it for others, but hurts absolutely nobody.

11. Albus Perkamentus

Albus Perkamentus Hoplite

I like the idea but fail to see the point, isn't a very necessary change in my opinion.

12. .magick.

.magick. Staff Member

It's only a change for the people who have time off during regular peace times. and maybe want to actually be able to play a game during those times. Loads of people love and hate peacetime, this idea gives everyone what they want.

13. Rachel.L

Rachel.L Phrourach

i think it also takes into account those who do not celebrate those holidays for which there is peacetime and are forced to acknowledge something to which they are opposed
    now they don't have to participate in those events and can keep playing

14. Phidippidies

Phidippidies Phrourach

What's the status of this, anyways? Is it being revoted or just up for discussion still?

I would agree with most of the inputs given thus far:
    - No building/sending resources to wonders should be allowed
    - Personally, i'd like to see no sending out CS during this time either. I feel like we'd run into a situation where one player in an alliance would exit because they see no one else is out, and one of the alliances would be like 'kay, they're out, everyone get ready we're leaving peace time and sending cs to land in 30 minutes so they don't have time to get people out to react'. I'd really not like to see that happen. But ganging up on someone who is out, don't see much of a problem with that. Literally the only thing that could happen is the players out would advance for 24 hours, and I don't think that's a big enough change, unless it were the very start of the world, which I doubt would happen.-
    - That being said, I think there should be some sort of bubble indicator. So that you can tell, okay, these 50 players are out of peace time all in one alliance, maybe i should take the day off because they all are planning on celebrating.

But otherwise, what's the point in not doing it? If it isn't hurting anyone. If people have the day off and are literally doing nothing else, it is nice to have a video game to keep occupied. Especially for those not visiting family, not celebrating, but still having the day off.

.magick. likes this.
  15. Tusc2010

Tusc2010 Phrourach

I 100% agree.

16. Rachel.L

Rachel.L Phrourach

no more voting in the forum
    per the new rules, an idea works it's way thru the levels of proposal, discussion, deliberation, etc.
    when it reaches the threshold for posts needed to reach the highest level and the mod in charge feels it is totally flushed out, it gets written up and sent to the devs

edit: these were figs rules and since he is gone, not sure if things will change

17. Mr.Chev1004

Mr.Chev1004 Staff Member

Think this is a great idea and totally agree with Figs add-ons