Deliberation Opt out of peacetime

DeletedUser41859

What about staffers??
Do they not want peacetime?
If you enable this feature then someone needs to hold the fort from Inno for support tickets, problems etc..

Also I don't see the point of opting out of peacetime if you cannot revolt or conquer someones city...waste of time me thinks.

Take the time off...spend it with family and friends or go for a walk and enjoy the sunshine!!

DeletedUser55329

Support is open 24/7 365 days a year (366 on leap year) no matter what is going on in the game, and you would be able to revolt or conquer other players who have also decided to opt of peacetime. All of this would be in theory as of now.

Rachel.L

Phrourach
So, seeing the new peacetime announcement, I'm guessing Inno decided not to implement (or try) an opt out option? Or they don't even know that players have strongly asked for it. You'd think an idea proposed by one of your own would get some action. Sorry, @.magick., but seems another year goes by without any work on this.

DeletedUser55714

I mostly disagree with this ENTIRE notion. People have lives outside the game and the "non-lifers" (hardcore Grepo people who play the game like their life depends on it) are FAR less in numbers than those who play to play -> meaning.. MOST of the players throughout the servers are regular players who aren't spending hundreds and thousands of dollars on the game and aren't on here a literal 24/7. This would ONLY cater to those heavy gold users and those with no lives outside the game. Yet again making it unfair, and unbalanced. Then, there's the fact that this ONLY caters to a certain group of people as well.. What about the Jews during Hanukkah? Or the Muslims and their holiday traditions?? What about the Hindus, Buddhists, Taoists, Laoists, and etc?? Are we suggesting that only a specific group gets "Time off"??

Talk about a lawsuit waiting to happen.. HERE it is..

That said, this ONLY gives players MORE Vacation Mode time. Which is ridiculous and yet again, makes the game unbalanced and unfair. And people will utilize this as a strategy in order to win and twist the original intent behind it. More complaints will rise, and more people will leave until Inno fixes it.

JUST like when Inno had to fix the LMDs on WW islands!!
^We all know that was a huge mess!

The ONLY way this would EVER work is if:

1) EVERY Holiday (whether it's national based or religious based) is given PT.

2) You CANNOT buy or spend gold during this time -> thus preventing unfair advantages such as killing off a full myth nuke gaining tons of BP, and then reloading and re-attacking constantly, giving "opt-out" players an advantage.

3) The BP gain percentage needs to be lowered to 10% or less (or even 0%) so that unfair advantages aren't given to those who do opt-out once PT ends (because if you and "enemy friend" both opt out and make a BP agreement, guess who now has far more BP/slots vs those that chose to have a life?)..

4) Vacation Mode would need to be altered to NOT be counted against during any Govt related holiday or religious based one as outlined in #1.

5) VM would need to be lessened since everyone would be getting FAR more "Time off".

6) Grepolis would need to change it's ENTIRE structure, goal, and purpose since it'd no longer be a war game and just a casual game where you can happen to attack people.

And I could go on and on BUT... this'll never work. It needs to be left how it is OR NEVER have a PT at all.

Rachel.L

Phrourach
And that's why this should happen. Not everyone celebrates Xmas so why impose YOUR holiday on them. Opting out is an OPTION. Want peace, get it. If you read this completely, you'd see no one who is still in peace gets bothered. This has nothing to do with the rest of your rant.

You are better than this, JTB.

DeletedUser55714

And that's why this should happen. Not everyone celebrates Xmas so why impose YOUR holiday on them. Opting out is an OPTION. Want peace, get it. If you read this completely, you'd see no one who is still in peace gets bothered. This has nothing to do with the rest of your rant.

You are better than this, JTB.

But not everyone celebrates YOUR holidays either. Again make it fair or shut it down and stop this nonsense. This entire thread is ridiculous. It either needs to remain as it is or PT needs to end entirely. It's a WAR GAME. Honestly, there SHOULDN'T be a PT at all!! This is the ONLY war game I know of with a PT.

But not everyone celebrates YOUR holidays either. Again make it fair or shut it down and stop this nonsense. This entire thread is ridiculous. It either needs to remain as it is or PT needs to end entirely. It's a WAR GAME. Honestly, there SHOULDN'T be a PT at all!! This is the ONLY war game I know of with a PT.
dude this is the only game that plays 24/7 non stop and guess what people may want to enjoy their holidays without going through the Vm bs.

DeletedUser51423

Bear...The thread is about an idea. An idea that actually a great deal of people liked. An option to play during holidays.

And before you think "what do you know?" I still play, and loads of people complain about a forced break. Some are happy about it.. But not all. And for those That want their peacetime, they should have it.. While others who want to play should be able to.

Furthermore of you have your own ideas please create your own thread so ther community can discuss it.

DeletedUser55714

Bear...The thread is about an idea. An idea that actually a great deal of people liked. An option to play during holidays.

And before you think "what do you know?" I still play, and loads of people complain about a forced break. Some are happy about it.. But not all. And for those That want their peacetime, they should have it.. While others who want to play should be able to.

Furthermore of you have your own ideas please create your own thread so ther community can discuss it.

This is a community discussion... You posted in an Ideas category where the community can discuss it. So here we are. Don't complain and cry how someone has a different opinion than you and then also points out the flaws with facts. Also keep in mind, your "Great deal of people" are only people on these forums specifically. Which accounts for MAYBE 15% max of the entire player base of this game. So no. Not even close. Unless you're suggesting that the only people whose opinions matter are those here in the forums?

Again, this thread while yes is a good idea to discuss, it isn't a good idea to assert or even assume that many people want this option based off a "poll" which amounts to maybe 30 people tops out of the THOUSANDS of players this game has across multiple servers and even just on the EN server..

And lastly again..... PT NEVER should have been implemented. BUT, since it is, if it's going to change, it should change to account for EVERY holiday known throughout the world (Govt & Religious), VM needs a huge overhaul, BP ratios would need to change (again), and gold needs to be shut off. Otherwise, it's nothing but HUGE unfair advantages catering to the "grepo-elite" (Those of us who've been playing for years and spend lots of money on the game).

OR, it should be done away with permanently and the game should TRULY be 24/7 (as it's not considering PT exists for Christmas, Easter, New Years, Thanksgiving, Halloween and etc. holidays).

Again, this is folly..

Pawcio: You clearly have not played many games. There's numerous of 24/7 games besides Grepo.

DeletedUser36697

think of the stress relief from Holidays,
opt out ...attack like mad, once you have found a tgt... set the alarm and then
go back out to that special holiday magic that occurs..
when families get together...for more than 6 hrs ....then everyone reverts an age group
smiley_emoticons_ins-auge-stechen.gif

Grandparents become parents while the adults become children revisiting old squabbles...
smiley_emoticons_fluch4_GREEN.gif
like you gave me wooden puzzles in 75 and I gave you a barbie wtf STOP THIS CRAP
the grand-kids ARE BORED BORED BORED go outside.. NOOOOOO cant ......no service....
smiley_emoticons_baby_junge2.gif

The ability to escape into the relative calm of a War game starts to sound somewhat appealing

while not all families get off this easy... you should get the idea.....

written somewhat tongue in cheek.. any resemblance to real life situations.. is on the reader
smiley_emoticons_biggrin.gif

DeletedUser55329

So at most, 50 players out of THOUSANDS are unhappy... And the 50 (again.. at most) should be the ones who decide everything?

You clearly have never run a business nor have ever been in a leadership position have you? You'd run it straight into the ground within a week. Just because your lack of intelligence can't comprehend something doesn't mean there isn't something smart, said. Of which, again, for a THIRD time, I've pointed out every flaw. The solution is, is that there is NO solution to this. Everyone just needs to quit crying about a PT. Period. You don't like it? Go play a different game.

Lastly, not berating anyone. Ideas maybe, but not anyone. Except you now with your clear lack of understanding, caring about others and self-righteousness/selfishness.

Oh and.. if you don't want anyone coming "late to the party", maybe you should talk to the Mods about going ahead and closing and then killing this discussion. Or maybe, asking to become one yourself and only inviting your friends to "join the party" since you're so about exclusiveness? :rolleyes:

Edit: There are ONLY 54 people total on these forums who can post (to the EN Server). So yeah, let's keep that in mind when we say "a good number of people". Yeah all 2% or less of the ENTIRE player base. Good one.

I don't think I could roll my eyes hard enough over these idiocies.

Did you somehow get access to the inner workings of the support team who can physically see the complaints from unhappy or happy players that would allow magick the knowledge base to bring this idea forward? Your making a statement off of your own personal point of view which is fine because thats what this topic is for, but unless your one of the support staff no one has any place making a judgement call over what the majority of the community would like. You state your opinion and move on. Once the developers have seen enough opinions they will make a decision on how to move forward.

DeletedUser55714

Did you somehow get access to the inner workings of the support team who can physically see the complaints from unhappy or happy players that would allow magick the knowledge base to bring this idea forward? Your making a statement off of your own personal point of view which is fine because thats what this topic is for, but unless your one of the support staff no one has any place making a judgement call over what the majority of the community would like. You state your opinion and move on. Once the developers have seen enough opinions they will make a decision on how to move forward.

No. I don't. But I've been around long enough and can read between the lines as well. Every year this game gets more and more boosted to the Grepo-elite and the newcomers are forgotten about. The game gets more and more unfair for new people as well. However, again, being around long enough, you learn a few things. Like what goes on behind the scenes. It's called intuition. I had a former COMA try picking a fight with me because I knew stuff that I shouldn't and I simply explained what I'm saying here: I have intelligence and can see what's really being said.

DeletedUser55329

No. I don't. But I've been around long enough and can read between the lines as well. Every year this game gets more and more boosted to the Grepo-elite and the newcomers are forgotten about. The game gets more and more unfair for new people as well. However, again, being around long enough, you learn a few things. Like what goes on behind the scenes. It's called intuition. I had a former COMA try picking a fight with me because I knew stuff that I shouldn't and I simply explained what I'm saying here: I have intelligence and can see what's really being said.

That said, there has been NO denial that this is for the elitists few. Thus further proving my point.

Buuuttttt you didn't do that.. Also, belitting ideas is not belittling people. YOU on the other hand I have, and will continue to do so as you are doing to me because you simply don't like that I called your poorness out. Sorry, but I happen to care about what happens to this game and the people who play it. I'm not looking to make this game "Better" for the elite few such as yourself as proclaimed.

Anyways, moving on..

AGAIN. The ONLY solution is that there is NONE. So this thread should end with this comment here. Now let this be the end of it.

Bear, I'm not going to sit here and argue with you. We have access to the facts and all you have is a misguided "intuition", which couldn't be any further off. Yet again you've made another statement based off of your own personal views and not the views of all the players. Not only that but your ranting has gone completely off topic talking about the "Grepo-elite" and newcomers? This whole topic is if some players want to keep playing they can and if some want to spend time with their families they can. Since your such a die hard war game lover it appears you may take the option to keep playing. The only difference this will make is it'll give more freedom to the players to do what they wish around these times. Although you might think differently your opinion is not the only one that matters. You've said what you need to say and you have obvious dislike for the idea. Your point has been made, move on and let others say what they would like to say.

DeletedUser55329

Posts have been removed for the conversation getting way off topic.