Deliberation Opt out of peacetime

TobiramaSenju

Phrourach
A point ; Wouldn't it be chaos checking different players to see whether they have opted in or out ? Will there be any visuals or would you have to keep clicking to attack and check like VM mode ?

DeletedUser23649

Seems I'll be in the minority but I don't like the idea as it will abuse the rankings.
Players opting out of peacetime will gain ABP/DBP's, resources, city points, and possibly a CP that the players in peacetime can't get.
If it was implemented, how can you tell which players have opted out? < what previous posted said>

Sorry for hijacking with a different idea, but for those that need their grepo fix, maybe inno could open a temporary peacetime world with super high rates?

DeletedUser51423

Seems I'll be in the minority but I don't like the idea as it will abuse the rankings.
Players opting out of peacetime will gain ABP/DBP's, resources, city points, and possibly a CP that the players in peacetime can't get.
If it was implemented, how can you tell which players have opted out? < what previous posted said>

Sorry for hijacking with a different idea, but for those that need their grepo fix, maybe inno could open a temporary peacetime world with super high rates?

Perhaps players who are in peacetime could have something like the bp bubble, showing a protected status. As far as the rankings go... if you play you deserve to move up the abp/dbp rankings. I highly doubt players would join a temp peacetime world... because you know the early stages of a world is so much fun??? We only get a couple days of peacetime at the most, it would kinda be a waste.

DeletedUser51423

I think this is worth a bump while we are suffering through peacetime right now.

curadh

Phrourach
This would be to open to abuse in my opinion. An alliance could all opt for Peace Time except a few players ... those in Peace Time would still be able to support without any risk whatsoever of being attacked themselves .... so either abolish all Peace Time or leave it as it is.

VIRTUALSELF

Phrourach
Holidays, vacactions, droonk nights out etc. is what VM is made for. Get rid of peacetime..
smiley_emoticons_grepo_pacman.gif

DeletedUser31931

I just wanted to give this a bump, as I think it's quite clearly an idea that should be implemented. Improves the game for some, does not change it for others, but hurts absolutely nobody.

DeletedUser55849

I like the idea but fail to see the point, isn't a very necessary change in my opinion.

DeletedUser51423

I like the idea but fail to see the point, isn't a very necessary change in my opinion.
It's only a change for the people who have time off during regular peace times. and maybe want to actually be able to play a game during those times. Loads of people love and hate peacetime, this idea gives everyone what they want.

Rachel.L

Phrourach
i think it also takes into account those who do not celebrate those holidays for which there is peacetime and are forced to acknowledge something to which they are opposed
now they don't have to participate in those events and can keep playing

DeletedUser44867

What's the status of this, anyways? Is it being revoted or just up for discussion still?

I would agree with most of the inputs given thus far:
- No building/sending resources to wonders should be allowed
- Personally, i'd like to see no sending out CS during this time either. I feel like we'd run into a situation where one player in an alliance would exit because they see no one else is out, and one of the alliances would be like 'kay, they're out, everyone get ready we're leaving peace time and sending cs to land in 30 minutes so they don't have time to get people out to react'. I'd really not like to see that happen. But ganging up on someone who is out, don't see much of a problem with that. Literally the only thing that could happen is the players out would advance for 24 hours, and I don't think that's a big enough change, unless it were the very start of the world, which I doubt would happen.-
- That being said, I think there should be some sort of bubble indicator. So that you can tell, okay, these 50 players are out of peace time all in one alliance, maybe i should take the day off because they all are planning on celebrating.

But otherwise, what's the point in not doing it? If it isn't hurting anyone. If people have the day off and are literally doing nothing else, it is nice to have a video game to keep occupied. Especially for those not visiting family, not celebrating, but still having the day off.

DeletedUser31931

- Personally, i'd like to see no sending out CS during this time either. I feel like we'd run into a situation where one player in an alliance would exit because they see no one else is out, and one of the alliances would be like 'kay, they're out, everyone get ready we're leaving peace time and sending cs to land in 30 minutes so they don't have time to get people out to react'. I'd really not like to see that happen.
I 100% agree.

Rachel.L

Phrourach
What's the status of this, anyways? Is it being revoted or just up for discussion still?
no more voting in the forum
per the new rules, an idea works it's way thru the levels of proposal, discussion, deliberation, etc.
when it reaches the threshold for posts needed to reach the highest level and the mod in charge feels it is totally flushed out, it gets written up and sent to the devs

edit: these were figs rules and since he is gone, not sure if things will change

DeletedUser55329

I do like this idea, but conquests and building of wonders should not be allowed. Anything that majorly changes the game for players should be prohibited.
Think this is a great idea and totally agree with Figs add-ons

DeletedUser55901

Best idea, in my opinion, peace time should be enabled. So, if you want to have peace time, you should ask 4 it. That way, the players who dont want it, will be still allowed to attack ghosts, inactive, farm for favs, etc.

DeletedUser51423

Best idea, in my opinion, peace time should be enabled. So, if you want to have peace time, you should ask 4 it. That way, the players who dont want it, will be still allowed to attack ghosts, inactive, farm for favs, etc.

That is the general idea of this.

DeletedUser55069

The opt-out peacetime idea is more beneficial for all players than opt-in.

There is a little loophole in the proposal though: by the current peacetime rules players who are protected by peacetime could attack players who opted-out.
Possible abuses:
- player in peace-mode could favor farm
- player in peace-mode could attack another who opted out to generate favor with Heracles (build myths)

The biggest issue is still that peacetime ends same time for everyone and players are allowed to start attacks during peacetime as long as it lands after peace end, therefore I think this should be added:

Players in peace mode shouldn't be able to send and receive attacks
(like beginner protection).

Right now attacks that started 48 hours before peace end can be sent and generate pings if the defender didn't turn off alarm, in practice the longest peace you can have is 24 hours. I don't wish even for my worst enemies to experience the angry faces I got from my family for pings on December 25... call me a noob or naive, but who would think someone is so cruel to spam during holiday peacetime? /Of course I learned from this mistake and turn off alarm./
If players are not forced to stop the game I think this can happen more often.

Most attacks are concentrated around peacetime end which can be particularly a very bad time for many players. I assume server load is bigger too because of this, the system often allows to send attacks that land few seconds before peace (they won't land).
You have to be online when peace ends that requires huge commitment. A simple opt-out option wouldn't change this, because as long as someone has peacetime active they have a deadline assigned to their account and travel time can be 48 hours, but if players in peace mode couldn't be attacked it would work perfect = only those fight who opt out and those can have real peace who didn't, also we could stop peace during the peacetime interval whenever we wish. Basically it could work like beginner protection (that was also changed for a reason to prevent abuses, if you are ready to attack your protection is over).

CS or revolt attacks could be allowed if players in peace mode wouldn't be able to attack.

Should players in peace mode be able to send support during peace?
My answer would be yes, players helping each other shouldn't be blocked, whether it's just defending against an attack or even CS, support sieges. Eventually players who opt-out could be lonely if peacetime would work more like a vacation. Siegebreaks would be limited, but if a player opted out that was their decision and they could still prevent CS landing with alliance help.

Personally I would consider returning max 1 day sooner because I appreciate peace - as WW city holder that is my only vacation.

Last edited by a moderator: