Options for software deployment

DeletedUser

If it is for Gamma I will try it out :). Does it show non-selected villages like grepolismaps?

DeletedUser

Would you do one for epsilon ?

Im interested in seeing a more detailed one, An example is one you've all ready done, But in a better quality.

Side note : Don't triple post, let alone double >.<

~V

DeletedUser

I will make it so you can select your own world, should not be too difficult.

DeletedUser

Sorry for the delay Xarandir, my job has been pretty brutal as of late.

About the x,y coordinates with PIL, short answer is no...PIL is only good to create the images, not interactions. For that, pygame or any of the UI toolkits (tk, gtk+, wxpython, pyqt...) are the way to go.

DeletedUser

OK here it is, you can download grepomaps.zip from here, then put all the files in a new directory and start the exe file. Let me know if something is happening on your system :)

@rev: No worries rev.
I noticed you were not around lately but I have been busy myself struggling to make python, pygame and wxpython do something nice without generating error messages :)

Hope you didnt loose any cities while afk?

DeletedUser

OK here it is, you can download grepomaps.zip from here, then put all the files in a new directory and start the exe file. Let me know if something is happening on your system :)

@rev: No worries rev.
I noticed you were not around lately but I have been busy myself struggling to make python, pygame and wxpython do something nice without generating error messages :)

Hope you didnt loose any cities while afk?

Well that is a lovely little program.

Thank you.

~V

DeletedUser2663

i have done a test run of it and its working fine so far. Very easy to use. well done mate

DeletedUser

i have done a test run of it and its working fine so far. Very easy to use. well done mate

Except Two Component's

The choice to actually save the map, without having to print screen.

The choice to zoom out, So you can fit the whole map on your actual monitor ( for me currently, im on the laptop, and it barely fits the whole screen ).

~V

DeletedUser

WOW good to hear it works :)

The choice to actually save the map, without having to print screen.
Yeah I know about this, it is easy to add, I will make a button for saving the map. Will do that tomorrow (01.00 here now)

The choice to zoom out, So you can fit the whole map on your actual monitor ( for me currently, im on the laptop, and it barely fits the whole screen ).

This is less easy, because the map is 1000x1000 pixels and screens usually have less than 1000 pixels vertical size. I could resize the map as a whole to fit the screen, but that would mean losing data. However if it is easy to save the map you can open it in your fav graphics editor (mine is Gimp) and do what you want with it.

DeletedUser

WOW good to hear it works :)

Yeah I know about this, it is easy to add, I will make a button for saving the map. Will do that tomorrow (01.00 here now)

This is less easy, because the map is 1000x1000 pixels and screens usually have less than 1000 pixels vertical size. I could resize the map as a whole to fit the screen, but that would mean losing data. However if it is easy to save the map you can open it in your fav graphics editor (mine is Gimp) and do what you want with it.

Is Gimp a free graphics program or ?

~V

DeletedUser2663

gimp is fully free and there is a guide in the graphics section on how to use it

DeletedUser

WoW.

Just checked the guide.

I think this '' gimp ''.

Made my evening xD

Im going to test doing some signature templates.

~V

DeletedUser

oh well I couldnt resist adding that print button before going to bed so it is now available following the same link. Have fun.

DeletedUser

I m wondering is there a way to make that program run on mac?

Yogesh

DeletedUser

I looked into this Yogesh and there's two things you can do if you have a mac.

First, it seems that python is pre-installed on mac PC's (look here) so you might want to use the source code to run the program.

Second, I made an executable file for Windows operating systems using a program called py2exe. There is a similar program called py2app (look here) that makes apps for running on a mac. I think you have to have a mac computer to make these apps, and I dont have a mac.

Let me know if i can be of help to you. It would be great if mac users could use the program as well.

DeletedUser

About this comment:

Talion said:

I added the option to set the window size (you need to do a reset of the map) and buttons to scroll through the map. This enables you to make small maps of the area of interest. Please check if it works and report all bugs...

DeletedUser

About this comment:

I added the option to set the window size (you need to do a reset of the map) and buttons to scroll through the map. This enables you to make small maps of the area of interest. Please check if it works and report all bugs...

Perhaps you should add an update script, So as soon as grepomaps is started, it gets the nessary info from were ever, and will ask if they want it to be updated ?

~V

DeletedUser

yeah your right.

Until now I have been developing and testing the program, and for this the data does not need to be up-to-date. But if you use it to make maps it is convenient not to have to update the information all the time.

I was thinking to generate a time stamp of the last update and save that to a file. This way the program can figure out when to do a data refresh.

Does the sizing/scrolling work on your laptop?