Original grep. just my thoughts

• Thread starter DeletedUser9816
  • Start date

DeletedUser9816

Hi all,

It has been a long time since I have been on grep and a really really long time since I have taken the game seriously. Most of that is due to the way the game has progressed over the years i.e. the use of premium features, farming system and basically most of changes that has happened since 2.0 was introduced.. And partly due to my carrier allowing not allowing me the necessary time per day required to be the top level player in the game that I was use to being. (I'm very competitive and do everything to win)

Today I joined the newest world to check out the game as I now have some free time and I really use to love this game.

I was and am very un impressed :( the game that I loved and was honestly obsessed with for such a long time is now unrecognisable with gold features and ridiculous lagging :(

So my question is would inno ever consider releasing a world in the original format? Or even better take some of the good parts from the new version and implement them into the original game... because I do like some of the new features. For example the new academy levels and bigger armies with the bigger farm levels are great etc... but all the world wonder/premium/"fancy graphics" etc are NOT what made the game great. Just look at how many players use to be active compared to how many there are now.
It was my understanding at the time that the 2.0 system was introduced to improve on the farming system once you got a number of cities under your belt and to provide an end game situation for players. This is obviously no longer the case...

Back to the point. I honestly think that a re release of the original format or a total revamp of the game is needed if it is going to survive long term. I personally know a large number of the people that I use to play with would come back for an "original" styled world most would even pay for it like you had to for the summer speed worlds that were held a number of years ago..

I understand that inno is a business and needs to make money as I too am a businessman. however I am a strong believer in customer service and providing a memorial experience for people and the new game is just not doing that.
So in short is there any possibility of an original world being realised (paying for it is ok) and if not is there a grep 3.0 on the horizon to keep gamers interested?
I'm sorry for any spelling mistakes or bad grammar, I'm an Aussie barman and am a bit boozed so correct grammar is the least of my concerns right now..
Thankyou

Lochiew/francismhwhite

DeletedUser22708

If you see the petitions in the acropolis it's pretty clear which way innogames is going with grepolis. I wouldn't expect a world like the one you want buddy, no matter how many players want it

DeletedUser31385

Inno has crossed the line. There is no going back at this point. Only moving forward and making better choices in the future.

DeletedUser9816

If you see the petitions in the acropolis it's pretty clear which way innogames is going with grepolis. I wouldn't expect a world like the one you want buddy, no matter how many players want it

Yeah I know its a long shot to say the least :( Grep has been going the "how do we make more money quickly?" rout for a long time now... It really is a shame though because this use to be such a good game. It use to be all about teamwork, strategy, timing and time management. It didnt matter how much money players wanted to spend on the game because the only premium options available were the 5 advisers. Everyone was happy with them and players knew that although they do provide an advantage you can still be a great player without using them. So players were happy, inno was making money, grep had a new world opening every month and had LOTS of devoted players... Now im pretty sure all thats really happening is that inno are making some quick coin, as for the rest of it... not so much.

Actually the most viable option that i can see at the moment for the future of grep is to run this version out and release a Grepolis 2 like they did with TW & TW2... but even so very unlikely as i would be amazed if the new game wasnt full of premium features too.

:( for an optimistic person im really struggling to find a likely good outcome for players here :(

DeletedUser22708

:( for an optimistic person im really struggling to find a likely good outcome for players here :(

Don't waste your time and energy on it because i'll tell you why.
The players who don't like the premium and wish the game would go back to it's old self, early 2.0 or even prior to that are around 100 people.
The players that don't care about these premiums and love to spend more to have a higher ranking are now the biggest part of Grepolis's customer base.
Mostly because grepolis has received a whole new client base of App players who roam the google play store or other app stores to spend a ton of money on silly apps.

Maybe i'm just talking BS, hadn't had my coffee yet lol

DeletedUser17088

there is a danger that we romanticise the 1.0 version......

DeletedUser11165

there is a danger that we romanticise the 1.0 version......

This; Farming in 1.0 was aweful having to keep horsemen and archers in a city to farm your villages. For those who never actually had to do it you also had to attack your villages regular as well.

I still say the insta buy is worse than the old halving system not because it makes people spend more if anything I just replaced my use of the half feature with buying resources.

That being said skill and team work are still what matters. I do feel the app has led to alot more players joining and quitting worlds.

That being said the game has to evolve. Which means some bad decisions and some good ones.

DeletedUser31385

I liked the game before all these new premium features took over.

DeletedUser

It's been said a hundred times in a hundred threads. Most people agree with you - and I do too. Unfortunately that's not the way business works, and as a result it just won't happen.

Let's not forget though that 1.0 - 1.26 (I think after that they went to 2.0 if I remember right, I might be wrong) had a couple of issues anyway. A nice bridge between the two would be quite lovely.

DeletedUser25249

That being said the game has to evolve. Which means some bad decisions and some good ones.

Plenty of bad decisions made, in the last 2 or 3 years I think maybe the best decisions have been the one that have been reversed, like the cheeky harbor check spy, the somewhat back down for world achilles and then the addition of the x2 bp token, that is probably one of the most recognized good things added in a long time.

DeletedUser11165

The stupid part is as with gold trading many players point out the exact issue that will arise and Inno still goes ahead with it. If they listened to the player base a little more before making some of these stupid changes the game would be in a much healthier place.

DeletedUser41523

I might get neg repped for some of this but here it goes. To be honest 2.0 hasn't been all bad. Don't get me wrong it started awful. But they fixed a lot.

Farming- Comparatively the old farming system was way better than the new system at first. It went from being able to farm the farms multiple times, but having to keep horses in every city. To having to spend at least 16 hours on Grepo in order to max. They fixed this with island quests and forced loyalty.

Fast Conq- Most worlds are used to getting right to the action out of BP. Some can take towns right away. Previously that wasn't possible due slow start up and farming. This can be a draw back of course as at times I also think noobs don't always have a chance to learn in time unless they luck out with a unit 1 speed.

Starting Link, now I can start with friends and this makes it easier for teams. Rather than fighting across the entire ocean from the get go, we go island by island.

Slower World Release- They have significantly slowed down world release in both En and US. Some complain now, but its nice to have some stability on a server and not have it fall below 3k players in a couple of months. This has promoted more competition and better fights. To top it off, because of the larger amounts of players, the odds of WW being more competitive both in the race and in CS attempts on WW towns increases I have found.

Things that still annoy me and what holds 2.0 back.

Sadly all of this still doesn't change the fact we have to deal with WW. On US Troy we just recently won, I can't say it was a very thrilling experience and what joy I got from it came from it being a close race on most wonders. The time spent prepping for it was god awful.

Additionally, some events need to be watched better or shortened. I don't mind gold abusing an event for fast flier nukes. But doing it for about a month minimum 4 months a year gets excessive. If an event is blatantly going to be over powered, make it 7-10 days max.

Instant buy is pretty terrible too, at least include cut times again.

Lastly are the gold trading updates. Making a system where many profit, seemingly crashing the markets on purpose, and then proceeding to make the system totally useless and luck based (luck being someone buying your res) just is a giant middle finger to the players.

DeletedUser22708

I liked 2.0.
Innogames made a lot of bad updates, a lot of bad decisions. But once in a while they make a good one. I like the fact I can build a 400 ls nuke now while in previous generations, we couldn't. The extra academy researches are also pretty good.
I'm still playing rhammus, simply because it's the last world where you can cut construction times in half, where building a insta nuke isn't possible. All these new upgrades and gold features will make me think twice if I join another new world after rhammus.

Is it actually that hard to make a world which offers the best from the various generations of worlds they have released over grepolis's entire lifespan?

If they would do that I'd sign up right now

They should release a world which has been made following the suggestions of their customers with decent settings, I can guarantee it would be the most successful world released to date. Bringing back old players as well