Overthrow of Egypt's President

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Hello guys,

As you all may or may not have heard on the news what do you think is the future for Egypt?
Mohammed Morsy was the president for only 1 year and a president that is only in power for 1 year can hardly do anything as they need to first adapt to the power and restrictions of the job. I hate religious democracies however this one I approved of. My reasoning is that extremists especially Islamists are prepared to give democracy a chance they should be given the best of it. Now that the military has overthrown the president, what do you think will be the future for Egypt? Will the army really get an election up and running within the next few months or will it go back to the regime it once was?

Views and opinions are appreciated!

BBC NEWS - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-23296463
CNN NEWS - http://globalpublicsquare.blogs.cnn.com/2013/07/11/what-morsys-fall-means-for-hamas/?iref=allsearch

DeletedUser41523

If we're over throwing religious democracies is there any chance we can bring the Egyptian military to Texas then? Because the evangelical view is really starting to infringe on my rights. Regulating reproductive organs, banning critical thinking skills being taught in schools (true story), destroying health care, helping reduce food stamps, tax breaks for big business yet somehow magically no money for education, and now taking advantage of the voting rights act being repealed.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Seeing as this will definitely affect the US, I should certainly hope they get an election up.

DeletedUser

Also additional info. I forgot to add, The U.S. provides aid to Egypt of $2.5 billion every year or something like that.

Just After Morsy was overthrown, Saudi Arabia has given $8 billion as "special aid" to Egypt, more specifically the military. I find that Saudi wants stop democracy through out the Middle-East because if democracy spreads through there it will certainly pose a threat to the Saudi Princes.

DeletedUser38652

After being in Egypt for a month I'll have to say that most of the news that were broadcasted were made up.(Al Jazeeera).

DeletedUser

I think the future of Egypt is total chaos for now, and for the future.

DeletedUser

Do you not foresee a stable democracy, ever? Why? Is it due to culture or outside influences, and how could this be 'amended'?

DeletedUser

lol, stable democracy? Popular words these days. Egypt has been democratic for many years now, yet Hosni Mubarak has been ruling it for at least 25 years and more. Talk about rigged elections. Now everyone has a say in Egypt's future and current political standing, America does (Since Egypt owes them billions and billions of dollars), Iran is trying to gain their influence, and even countries from the GCC are trying to gain their influence such as Saudi Arabia. Outside influence mostly, will have a great say in who's going to rule Egpyt, I think Egypt was in even worse conditions when Mubarak ruled it, yet minimum foreign intervention ever occurred. But! Maybe, some event will trigger changes, who knows.

It's that simple, I even made a bet with a friend in RL, that the new ruler would be removed soon, the superpowers don't like him that much. He made his own mistakes, and most importantly, his own government doesn't back him.

DeletedUser38652

If Ramadhan ends and a new president hasnt been voted the country might become just like Syria

DeletedUser

If Ramadhan ends and a new president hasnt been voted the country might become just like Syria

Perhaps, but Syria's conflict has some religion in it, it's based on Sunni sect of Islam Vs. Shia/Alawy sect, yet Egypt's problem is not a religious one, more of politics and a power struggle in this case.

Status
Not open for further replies.