P&P - TFP vs DoA

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Im happy that I could cheer you up - laugh is good for health but regarding my post im pretty serious...so
bravado as pretense of bravery? in some cases maybe.
It doesnt require a lot of courage to take a risk in this game, but many players (including those in TFP) dont have even that much.
Anyway I was more speaking about cowardice rather than bravery. Players who are affraid of losing their little virtual empires definitelly have no balls, speaking bluntly. My point was that you dont become somebody else by loggin in and your individual characteristics dont change eighter. This is only a game and you lose only time and virtual things but still its you who play it.
We all play warriors, leaders, diplomats here - how you play it can reflect how you really are and its hard for me to believe that coward acts are part of anyones play.

Bushido Shoshinshu, a book written by Daidoji Yuzan Taira speaks about "the idea that the worth of a man is to be found in his day to day behavior, not in the extreme and relatively rare occurrence (even for the Samurai) of actual battle. The idea is to perform small acts of courage as often as possible to be familiar with the feeling when the “big one” arrives."

When speaking of Bushido, the three qualities considered essential are loyalty, integrity and courage. When these three virtues are perfectly combined in one man, he is called a samurai of the highest quality. It is easy to link these three in one breath, but a weighty matter to understand them in one’s heart and then put them into practice. Thus, it has been said since ancient times that it is rare to find a samurai of the highest quality even among a hundred or a thousand warriors. In this connection it is an easy thing to discern a warrior of loyalty or a man of integrity, as these qualities appear in one’s everyday behavior. But there is some doubt if a man of courage can be distinguished in this uneventful period of peace. Such a doubt, however, is not justified. The reason is that the courage of a warrior is not exhibited for the first time when he dons his armor, takes up spear and halberd, faces the field, and is locked in battle. A man’s ordinary life at peace reflects his courage or cowardice just like a mirror.

Cultivate “courage” in your everyday life and chances are you will act accordingly during crisis as well - spending hours per week in front of grepolis is part of your everyday life and the "game", "fun", "entertainment" is as well.

PM me if you want the source of this quotation.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser5270

There are more important things than bravery. Hitler was brave. So was Stalin. Honour is more important. So is the ability to know when one has said enough. Pomposity is not a virtue. The problem with pomposity is that the pompous do not realise that they are pompous.

DeletedUser

G.R.O.M. said:
I was more speaking about cowardice rather than bravery

Imperica, You are missing the whole point or interpreting as it suits to you.

DeletedUser

Imperica, You are missing the whole point or interpreting as it suits to you.

yes he is, missing the point I bet... and Im guessing, correct me if im wrong, that you again go after me, trying in some indirect way to offend, am i wrong? I thought I had problems with English...

I never said this game requires a lot of bravery. Only said that some TFP players need a little bit more than they have. I also dont remember saying that courage is the most important from all virtues, where did I say that? Stop trolling, because of your childish offensive behaviour last thread was closed. Rep for what? making it again my "personal opinions about grom"?

Unless your last post wasnt about me then Im deeply sorry.

Re hitler and stalin they were not brave - paranoidal, obsessed but not brave. Stalin was so affraid for his own life and power that he ordered to murder all officers in his army... Your understanding of these characters is probably as deep as my person.

Btw you lost another few cities this week, and didnt take a single one in oc76. Better start preparing, we are coming for you, jumping from one turtle to another.

DeletedUser5270

Starting the snide insults again GROM. Small under the belt comments that make people respond big so you can feign innocence.

BTW you mistake bravery and goals. I am not saying you are like a dictator, I am saying that you have to know what a person's aims are before you can even begin to make accusations of cowardice.

Fact - TFP attacked an alliance much bigger than themselves
Fact - Your alliance gave in without a fight and just merged with a big alliance
Fact - TFP has decided to fight for its existence
Fact - Your alliance just surrendered
Fact - TFP is still here
Fact - Pergamum is dead (effectively committed suicide)

I have not accused you of being a coward because I don't know your aims, but the facts point in that direction. If we merge with DOA then you can call us cowards and not before. We stand proud and we stand sovereign.

DeletedUser

hahaha it wont save your face, what a poor try

Pergamum didnt surrender, only becasue we chosed to join DoA not TFP doesnt mean we surrendered. We chosed better group of guys to play with and we made a great choice as I see pathetic TFP war efforts. After some time now I can tell you that TFP didnt deserve to have Pergamum members on their board.

If it makes you feel better, keep repeating that mantra but the truth is that you failed, your alliance is weak and unorganised - TFP leaders failed. Pergamum leaders did great job in the past and one day decided to join someone to keep our style of game. We merged not being threatened by anyone, we were not forced to do it and we were not at war against TFP nor DoA, had good relations with both alliances. We decided to join 1 side of the incoming big war and if we didnt do that, you would be fighting each other now and Pergamum would be still where it was. DoA nor TFP would attack Pergamum during this conflict but we wanted blood so we decided to join the conflict. Pergamum left Delta undefeated on its own terms because it wanted to not becasue it had to. We joined a great DoA team which leader made a much better job than any of TFP leaders and we are proud to be on their side now.

Now I feel sorry for you - you overcompansate your failure comparing TFP to Pergamum. There is no way to compare these 2 alliances. Pergamum was winning war after war, TFP was merging or pushing around MRAs...

Your list looks exactly like the one presented me by ex Rainmaker leader - Bluie. He was saying exactly the same things. His alliance wasnt working (having good players in its ranks mixed with noobs and ghost members) and couldnt take a single city from pergs while we were taking one by one from them and then when we decided to join DoA he was using these arguments.... RM are still here and Pergamum is dead lol RM outlasted Pergamum and other kind of nonsense. you are still on the map because you settle outskirts of delta.

PS
Now I would like to make gun salutes to ex TFP player Bushell who fell on the battlefield. He maybe wasnt the most skilled warrior but was fighting till the bitter end, losing all his 8 cities to us. Now he started a new city but is not a TFP member anymore, however his profile page informs us about his loyalties.
Loyalty, integrity and courage - hail and gooodby Bushell.

Carden, ex oc76 TFP leader, after losing to us many of his cities, cancelled his account, leaving TFP team.

DeletedUser9300

I can attest that Pergamum didn't join DoA because they "had to" or were "forced to".
In fact, the initial offer was refused by Pergamum. It was very clear that it wasn't going to be a rushed, desperate merge, but one that would be thought out.
About one/two months later, after DoA was "approved of" by one of Pergamums top players (can't remember who it was, sorry), then they reconsidered the merge deal and joined us.
So nothing in this small story is about surrendering, quiting, w/e.
Pergamum joined on it's own accord, and talked with DoA before as equals. They merged for mutual benefit, with respect and heads held high.

Which is more than I can say about TFP's merge with it's training alliance.

DeletedUser

and silence as usual when faced with facts that cant be easly twisted around.

Im in cheeky mood today as last night again a TFP player saved his town dodging (thats all they do, dogde dodge dodge blah) and had enough luck AGAIN to put his BMs 1 sec before my CS (i know cus my last clearing wave was 2 secs before) SO I will reveal some secret info leaked few hours ago.

From unofficial sources Ive heared that TFP players were lobbying and pressing on Grepolis Team to make a christmas break free of attacks. They were so effective that got even extra few days just after that break ;)
Another week floating on a surface boys or should I say hanging on a Christmas Tree ;)

Just 2 more days, hang on guys!

Merry Christmas
Uncle Scrooge

DeletedUser

Whilst you (Grom) are right in stating you (Pergamum) were not forced to join DoA (and neither were RM), the reality is, if you didn't merge, Pegamum's members would've started quitting the game in much greater numbers than they already were and at the same time, other alliances would've started conquering your cities and players. So in actual fact, you were in a position where you had to merge into an alliance, which is why you merged???
The above is a long old post just to say that you FAILED in your conquer attempt of Aquin's city. Apparently it was a good effort, but Aquin's timing was just too good for you (sometimes you should give credit where credit is due)?

I would also be interested in how well DoA have done against TFP in O74 and O64 in the last couple of months. The reason I ask about those specific oceans is because O76 is where the merge of RM/Perg into DoA has impacted TFP most. So in O76, TFP are battling against the elite of Perg, RM and DoA. I feel O74 and 64 would give a much fairer reflection of DoA true skill and class. Maybe you could work that 1 out for me Grom?

Also, I am sure several members in TFP have been asking for a longer break during the Christmas period. I for 1 would like a longer break. I like this "game" and give it a lot of time, but I for 1, have a girlfriend (unfortunately), kids and a family I would like to spend as much time with as possible, without having to worry if any of my cities are being attacked. I am sure even someone like you (Grom) can understand that???

DeletedUser

Ahh the season of good will. I thought I'd thrown my penny in.

I helped draft the initial proposal for Perg joining DoA but it was turned down. It didn't meet their requirements and as it turns out they wanted to explore other options. It's been said before but at the end of the day they joined DoA because it was a better fit for them. I'm sure falling membership was part of their decision but thats true for almost every alliance. TFP still seem to be a bit prissy that perg didn't want to join them but I'm sure if it was the other way round we'd be saying exactly what is coming out the east (but the other way round). Seriously folks this is old news.

As for the war it's settled down a to a grind event based around the impact of the biggest players. It seems that in 64/65 TFP are giving more than they are getting but 76/86 they are getting more than they are giving. Any grepo war is not about winning on the battlefield it's about who has the staying power to hang in even when you are snowed under with incoming attacks or you've been zeroed. The jury is out on this so far.

It will be interesting to see how effective the TFP merge is/will be as I genuinely don't envy anyone trying to organise 200+ players over multiple oceans but otherwise it's SSDD.

From an IoA perspective it has played out more or less as I expected although losses were higher. I genuinely have appreciated TFP helping with the DoA recruitment process.

DeletedUser

lol h17waii

ok, so many answers to give...

My failed conquest
yes i did fail to conquer one of the aqua guy cities, is it not what I posted? I cant give credit for luck you know. This is a huge lottery, im always -9 to +9 seconds off. Everyone knows that its impossible in this game to send a wave at exact right second, as it randomly adds or takes few seconds. I sent 20+ waves and only 2 of them were 2 secs before my CS, the rest was 5-15 secs before. I think its the same thing for the defender, so shooting in 1 wave 1 sec before my CS is luck, not a skill. Anyway there are few timing techniques which make defending ridiculous easy, which cant be used when attacking. I do respect aquins, he is a capable player but defending is way to easy to give credit for that.

Pergamum
Re Pergamum...omg you like to roll it over and over again... yes, players were leaving the game, the same happens on your side as well. You just hide it or ignore it. I see that some of TFP accounts are under control of different players than before and I only hope that these are new players, not double accounts, as that would be cheating and against grepolis rules. JewFish or DjordjeMace quit the game, as many other players but as I said you hide it.

Regarding Pergamum members, they were leaving and nothing would change that. You are right, soon or later Pergamum would end up with few players only like every alliance around, but in pergs case its easier to notice that as it was only 30-40 members alliance. Soon or later Pergamum would have to merge with a bigger alliance. We chosed to merge with a good alliance instead of following your path of trying to make everyone around to merge with us. You might be unaware of that but RM leader Bluie was open for the idea of merge with Pergamum (before we joined DoA). If we were TFP we would go for it and become a massive outskirts alliance aka TFP...

H17 comment about girlfriend

Lastly IF you try to say the same thing that Tibs was shouting here and then imperica repeated about me not having a girlfriend then I feel sorry for you because you just reach bottom. The christmas thing was a joke and nobody would take it seriously with a little sense of humor, especially that i signed it as "uncle scrooge". Please stop overcompansating your ingame failures by creating an image of grom as an ugly ogre without a girlfriend and social life - thats childish. Since you cant stop let me just tell you that: I have luxury of working from home (most of the time) which doesnt make me lifeless creature with no friends. Im not going to be defending myself here, its not worth it and im not that desperate to look for admiration of some online game randoms like you- I leave that to you guys, keep posting about your girlfriends etc, whatever makes you feel better about yourself and deal with your insecurities.

Again, the christmas comment was a silly, maybe not funny, but ironic post.

Merry Christmas people

DeletedUser14500

Hello everyone

This appears to be my first post on the main Grepolis Forum for Delta. So I feel I should introduce myself to you all. My name is Gavin and I am one of the proud leaders of TFP.

I have felt the need to make this post for some time, my reasons for not doing so sooner are simple; I have tried very hard not to get myself involved in the public relations side of this game. This is because (I am hopeful some of you will agree) that it shares a resemblance to the Pringles campaign slogan “once you start, you just can’t stop” :). But I feel now that I should at least give it an attempt, so here goes.

Whilst reading through the forums it is apparent that there is a sourness that needs to be resolved. These forums were intended for intellectual debate and friendly banter, not childish remarks or ‘digs’ at one another. We all play this game as we enjoy it, so why can we not all be civil and enjoy this forum too? Yes in game we are enemies but there is no need for that here I feel. Surely this should be a ‘no fire zone’, a place where we can joke and laugh. However as of late there has been a re-occurring amount of hostile behaviour towards one another.

I ask that this stops, can we not start fresh? I for one respect you GROM you have made a true example of what a player can achieve in this game. You and your members from Pergamum are as you have always said an elite group of players and have made a massive contribution to the effectiveness of DoA. However, I will be honest and say that I have been hurt by some of the things that you have said about my alliance. I was one of the originals that created this alliance and each comment about TFP I have taken personally (I know I shouldn’t) as I feel that I have given my all and tried my hardest to create what I feel is a great community of people who are working hard to achieve as the profile says “attain uncommon results”. It could just be from my POV but I feel that your posts have been too heavily negative and demoting, surely can we not see the decent qualities as well as down falls of each other?

I know that by posting this I will suffer some sort of backlash however I wrote this message with the intent of a ceasefire of negativities towards one another. Can we not debate the goings on as equals? For instance, yes DoA are making some real good progress in the south however things can be said differently in the north (that point should stir a good one ;)).

There are so many other things I feel I should address however I fear of making a too long winded first post so I will leave it at that :)

Oh sorry lastly in regards to H17 post please do not take that as offense GROM, H17 was simply pointing out what many people most likely feel. There are times when RL takes priority for instance family at Christmas. I am one of those who feel that this break over Christmas will be a good thing; I would not want to spend my Christmas worrying about incoming attacks or organising conquests. The holidays are a time of celebration and giving not attacking each other.

I look forward to the replies,
Kind regards,
Gavin

DeletedUser

nice first post Gavin, good to see finally a TFP leader not directing readers to my personal life so I give you rep for that. Not the best xmas gift but always a good start :)

I dont 100% agree with your point of view though. Let me explain. When you ask "can we not see the decent qualities as well as down falls of each other?" in general you are right but my way of understanding PnP thread is just opposite. Its a war for few souls or at least to undermine enemies morale. Idea of PnP talking about in-game war doesnt really include "friendly banter". Still people should respect each other, dont insult, try to keep some intelectual level high enough etc but for me this thread is a place for smack talk. (btw I did give honors to Bushell atfer taking his cities even though he wasnt our biggest trouble).

"Yes in game we are enemies but there is no need for that here I feel."
PnP thread is part of the game and Im your forum enemy. It doesnt mean Im really your enemy but I play my role here. I dont know you or anything about you as a person and it would be ridiculous to say that I hate you or love you ;) I can respect or disrespect you as a player or forum chater but thats it.

Im not bothered when people say that grom sucks or his alliance is banch of noobs. Im annoyed when I hear:
"I would wash floor with you and stick my boot in your ... you cutboard...." (mr T)
or when Im called a "slime" "idiot" "guy with no girlfriend" etc (imperica)

Two different levels. One is kinda talk fighters have before their fight and addresses player/fighter qualities (or lack of them) and the second one is a street trash teenagers talk going far overboard, full of hate and personal disrespect.
I dont care what some randoms from the internet say about me but its not a place for it here. It is in general online disease that people insult others a lot through the internet and should be limited as much as possible. However when we say that alliance X sucks or is made of cowards etc is a fair game as long as its not breaking some cultural/intelectual borders.

You wont hear from me often "great job TFP! keep it up, you can kick our asses easly" - unless in a sarcastic tone. This is how I motivate my team. It doesnt mean that I lie here or something - just use every fact against you. Whenever I see weakness or a failure I exploit it - as other players do as well. What you would like to hide I try to uncover and vice versa.

If you wish to have a friendly unbiased chat with me, PM me whenever you feel like and meet in other threads not dealing with our war.

Xmas break thing
Last thing about the christmas free from attacks - I actually dont like the idea. It is not that I dont have my life and well, its my last day here online till 25th at least but for that sort of breaks we have already Vacation Mode. The only difference is that when you switch on VM you cant farm and gather resources nor produce units. So during these xmas break you play but you are safe - it helps ONLY those who are under attack and need time to rebuild. It helps to keep more players floating, paying their monies for premium accounts etc... obvious from business point of view, not that great idea for the gamers. If they wanted to give people time to rest from the game they could give VM days for free.

Those who would like to spend some time of xmas in front of grepolis conquering and fighting others (thats what this game is about) cant do it. Grepolis should actually refund money to premium account players for this time as they cant freely play and have hands tied up. Whats the point for paying for Captain and general if you cant attack anyone? Sadly again, things are overpowered toward defenders to keep as many people in game as possible even against the thrill. It is something we must accept, grepolis is not very dynamic game and target population is everyone, not only hard core gamers. Its a game where less skilled players can compete with better ones.

DeletedUser14500

Thank you GROM for the rep. Not the best Christmas present as you say but better than nothing :)

I am aware that “PnP thread is part of the game” and that we’re ‘forum enemies’ but I just feel for those players who are of a younger age, some of these guys play these games to recluse from real life issues and these types of games are their salvation. I’m simply worried if we aren’t careful some of the things posted could be interpreted in a way which is harmful to those members. I know you do not mean any intentional harm and I respect your ability to really ‘rock the morale boat’ but that is my simple request. Could we not tone it down just a little?

In regards to the rest of this thread I will also try to play my part as a “forum enemy” ;), no idea how well I will do as please bare in mind my nature generally leans towards the reduction of disputes and hostilities, so we will just have to wait and see.

Xmas Break

I do agree with a few of your points regarding the Xmas Break. It possibly would have been a better solution to grant free VM days within certain dates, it would have allowed those players who wish to continue to play on. Also I actually did not consider the waste of time that those premium players will have to suffer when not being able to use Captain/Commander. These perks will become obsolete so possibly a mail to the Grepolis team for an additional extension on their current purchases should be addressed?

Pergamum Merge

I unfortunately never had the chance to debate or make suggestions in regards to who you should have joined. It is truly well known that 44 does a very good job and so I can understand your choice. It is a shame though that you chose DoA over TFP it is clear the impact and competence of the Pergamum players.

In regards to “Your list looks exactly like the one presented me by ex Rainmaker leader” I do have a few things to say. Maybe all that time ago I and the other leaders may have made the mistake of merges, we could have continued to grow with our friends alliances in the same ocean and followed the path set by Pergamum however due to the bonds that were created and mutual support and advice we gave to each other in the beginning of this game we decided it was better to merge. Granted we may have taken on “noobs and ghost members” but I was once a ‘noob’ in this game, I now feel that I have progressed into quite the Grepolis player and it is the same for many others.

“your alliance is weak and unorganised - TFP leaders failed” This I truly do believe was unnecessary. Yes, I will put my neck on the chopping board by saying that those players you have faced so far have been those “noobs and ghost members”. Once a day login members whose activity may have heightened during their individual conquest however their willingness to cooperate with one another had come simply too late. You have generalised your successes against these members in O76 across the whole of TFP. I am not making remarks about the competence of the Pergy guys I am simply stating that those players targeted (not all granted) but a majority were as you would have called them “noobs and ghost members”.

It could be argued that as leaders we could have been ruthless and had them kicked and conquested for not being active enough long ago, but as I believe for all members I felt an obligation to at least give them a chance. Maybe we gave a few people too much trust?

In regards to the successes of the rest of TFP I can proudly comment on the ocean I am a leader of. I do not feel in any way I have failed my members, if anything this war has really brought us closer together. We’re a lot more active and we’re truly making some progress. Even to the point where DoA members in O64 by the looks of things have offered their cities to DoA’s No1 player Kristopoulos. They have sent down the big gun who I look forward to meeting on the battle field, with some trepidation (too strong a word but you get the point) but I look forward to it :).

PS I did see your salutes to Bushell :). We’re RL friends and housemates, which meant I was unfortunately not able to support him due to rules and regulations set down by Grepolis makers :(. He did put up a fight towards the end shame he wasn't able to dodge as much as we would have liked him too. We did try and get him to do it one of the nights we celebrated his birthday....yes you conquested him on his birthday :eek:, you had the house in almost tears of laughter :). Bushell has no hard feelings and is glad with the BP you supplied him with. I would finally like to say my congratulations on your conquests on him they were timed very well and your team really pulled together to achieve your goals.

Kind regards,
Gavin

DeletedUser

Hmmm not much to argue about here, maybe except few little points.

- Regarding the list which imperica posted, which i then compared to the one PMed to me by ex RM leader I was commenting that silly idea that Pergamum was somewhat "worse" than RM or TFP because it disappeared from the map earlier, that TFP and RM "outlasted" Pergamum which proves these were/are better organised/led alliances. We chosed a different path instead of trying to keep flag waving out of proud. I personaly dont care about flags, symbols, names - the most important for me is with who I play and fight. If the spirit and team feeling is good, if players like to cooperate and fight arm to arm, rather than freeriding and building their own egocentric-polis. I dont care losing 800 BMs even if only my teammate gets all BPs for it and its not my city. If somebody dares to give him/her hard time he/she will feel my sword. The same thing I expect from people I play with, not if they "love" Pergamum or DoA, if they are proud and dont "bow to anyone", it doesnt matter. Mr Ts attitude was very unpleasant and demotivating so I changed my mind and asked if we can go to DoA.

- To be honest I dont know how your ocean performs in this war - dont have time to organise things, fight in the first line, farm, rebuild and observe other oceans. However re oc76 you might also have generalised things to much. Couple of players were maybe online once a day but people like St Frank or Carden or now Aquins or pwlr are all very active players. They were/are attacking, coordintaing their attacks, defences, dodging and giving us hard time. We just dont give up. I wanted (and it works) us to work like a bull, never stop, never give time to rest, press onward and if encounters wall, hit it as many times as necessary to crush it. I myself took in this war 3 or 4 cities but failed to take 6 times at least. You cant call the guy (aquin) a noob - In 20 sec time I hit him with 1200 LS, 10 000 slings and other stuff but he managed to sneak out and save his town. It was bit lucky, bit tactical and definitely easier than attacking but it doesnt count as noob or ghost player thing. Carden was similar, St Frank was defending himself pretty good as long as he could. Please also dont generalise whole oc76 because of 2 players we broke that were semi-active. However they all as a team are not that good and here leaders take reponsability.

- Leaders should be "ruthless" in some way. Player have right to be noobs but you can clearly see if they are willing to learn. Most of the time those unresponsive or needing days to open a mail are not good players. Now up to you if you want to protect all of them for their own fun or you want to have fun yourself and be part of a good working team. Good leaders dont keep freeriders because by doing so they take down the whole alilance and other members who work hard for it. Leaders not checking activity level and progress of their members pull down everyone else. Active players bring what they can to the alliance and letting others to leach and ride for free is disrespectful to them and break trust. When I was kicking people out I wasnt doing that for my own pleasure but for my team.

- Lastly big gun Kristopoulos - I think he is not the only one who moved to be closer to fights. Not to say that he is not a good player but DoA has more at least equal to him and as strong players. Only because they dont have 40 cities doesnt mean they cant fight well. Its important what you do with your cities not how many you have. Sorry now, for the only negative comment but "points and cities" focus is typical for MRAs. You should check BPs to see who in DoA is the most active fighter. Our top no1 BPs player is not Kristopoulos, which doesnt mean he wont give you a headache or is worse than those with more BPs - it only shows that there are others who can kick you really strong. Just for an example my friend Dawgski from Pergamum is now 3rd I think in attack BPs in the whole Delta which means he attacks a lot and kills a lot. Same with peterighthere who is 5th, I dont know how peter but dawgski has taken x cities from you guys and is close enough to take more.
DoA doesnt need big guns to be moved closer, these guys look for fight and want to be closer to action. We all offer cities to those who want to jump closer to fight. I gave 1 myself to somebody else for strategic reasons and it wasnt a big player.

regards
grom

PS this time (today) I put my clearing wave 1 second before my CS, good luck with that Aquins :p
anyway not tomorrow, then later, there is always later and we have time <evil grin>

DeletedUser14500

I am very glad there is few things to argue about, leaves to simple talking which is what I prefer :)

I will say it is a shame we never spoke before this GROM. You are obviously very passionate about this game. I feel the same, it began as a simple time filler, but it truly is a very addictive online game :). “so I changed my mind and asked if we can go to DoA.” This suggests you had intended on choosing TFP, I know you might say the contrary but it is gratifying if it was your first thought.

I’d like to say that I never once called Aquin a ‘noob’ GROM. I purposefully did not point fingers, I personally think Aquin is a very good player, me and Aquin get one very well hence why you’ll find one of Aquins cities is named after me; the very city that your members have a conquest attempt on; that and many others ;). I simply stated that a major amount of cities that the DoA players in the south took were from “noob” players.

Haha I knew this would happen. I am sorry but I knew that calling Kristopoulos a ‘big gun’ would provoke this type of response ;). I am actually glad that you have responded this way. It is true that Kristopoulos has a lot of cities and has the potential to be a very dangerous player, but his city/BP ratio suggests that he is not naturally an aggressive player. Hopefully in the near future we will see a change in this and those cities used to their full potential, hopefully on me. ;)

“Sorry now, for the only negative comment but "points and cities" focus is typical for MRAs.” Don’t be sorry for this post, it is only typical for anyone to make this type of judgement when anyone would state what I did in the previous post. I will however stand by my claim of calling Kristopoulos a big gun, a minigun is ‘a big gun’, it doesn’t matter if it simply stands still and is fired everynow and again, as once the full force of it is used and it truly begins to constantly fire it can wreak havoc. Kristopoulos is very similar, many cities/many barrels once he begins to fire/attack he could do serious damage the same as a minigun. I look at Kristopoulos and imagine having double the cities I have now. It would be something else :)

Regards
Gavin

PS it is always good seeing a nicely timed CS attempt. 1 sec before is always good. I know you have said in the past that it is random however I think it might be different for different servers/internet connections? For example my internet connection at home I can time attacks to the second pretty easily by taking into account the lag however in my University accommodation where the router is lets just say pretty poor I have greater difficulty hitting the second gap. Don’t know if I have just been very lucky :heh: but I have been able to do it on many occasion.

DeletedUser

Fact - TFP attacked an alliance much bigger than themselves
Fact - Your alliance gave in without a fight and just merged with a big alliance
Fact - TFP has decided to fight for its existence
Fact - Your alliance just surrendered
Fact - TFP is still here
Fact - Pergamum is dead (effectively committed suicide)

Here is your quote from previous thread-

Imperica said:
Pergamum tipped the balance of power heavily in the favour of DOA when they joined DOA. If they had joined us then there would have been 3 equally powerful alliances in Delta, but we move on. And we have moved on.... To War!!!!

Your statements are contradictory. You are saying that a dead bunch of players shifted power heavily in favor of DoA?

DeletedUser5270

Your statements are contradictory. You are saying that a dead bunch of players shifted power heavily in favor of DoA?

No they are not contradictory statements. I never once said that Pergamum were a dead bunch of players. I was implying that it was hypocritical of a certain person to call our alliance cowardly when his own alliance just merged itself away without a fight.

What I take exception to is my own alliance members being accused of cowadice by someone who took the easy option. Especially when he boasts of liking to take the hard option.

I don't even have a problem with Pergamum joining DOA. That is their choice and right. It is merely the hypocritical vitriolic rubbish that flows from one ex Pergamum member that I have a problem with.

DOA took one of my cities the other day. I had some good friendly banter with the person who took my city and heartily congratulated him for succeeding. He in return thanked me for providing a great fight and being a good opponent. This is the way the game should be played. This player showed what I have long suspected. DOA are full of decent players just out to have a good time and they have just got one loner amongst them who brings down and ruins their reputation with his idiotic alliance bashing. GROM should act like the rest of DOA because other than GROM, DOA are decent and respectful foes.

DeletedUser

HTS gavin politely asked "Could we not tone it down just a little?"
but no, imperica decided to show what means to be a decent and respectful foe by insulting me out of nowhere, again...you keep doing the same thing over and over again, so dont expect from me a polite answer.

Do you read anything here or just cant comprehend it? I will make it simple for you then:

Stop your personal attacks on me and stop saying "idiot" "idiotic" "slime" etc. You seem to have the same "qualities" as Tibs...you are rude, insulting, cant understand anything and basic logic is to much to ask from you.

We werent speaking about me here. My posts represent my private opinions about TFP as an alliance.

If you want to continue the subject of "hipocrisy" I suggest reading first my answer to your "smart" list when you compare TFP to Pergamum. After that check what other people posted. Unless you want to keep repeating the same thing over and over again disrespecting all facts and other people comments.

Dont judge my "banters" looking at my posts about TFP - I have many reasons to disrespect your alliance (your leader was insulting me before it all started, then you and many other TFPs, you lied to other alliances like BoM or RM backstabbing them when they were weak, you speak about glorious war but in my region keep attacking only IoA etc etc etc). However i had and still have a freindly contact with few TFP players and even all guys i fight against get all my respect and polite mails.
So stop trolling cus it starts to be annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.