Pacific League - New addition to the MRA of Bad Company

DeletedUser

Makes me have more respect for TBE who haven't resorted to such tactics and have just got their head down, stuck by their principals and not got caught up with their own BS lol

Cheers Lozza for the compliment! :cool:

DeletedUser

np :) If I wasn't Evo I think TBE would be my next choice ;) apart from being no-where near you lol

DeletedUser16633

hey all

This is act. my first post in here and just wanted to say hey to ya all and that i see that you are talking about us, lol;)

cheers
M

DeletedUser

I get the whole MRA thing on the one hand Lozza. However, Atlantic League is an alliance that's 20 members under maximum right now and most of its members are original or "near original" members. That's a lot of organic growth and team building which isn't a real MRA strength IMO. Most of the players are certainly beginners (like me) or B-Team material but I've been pretty impressed with the learning curve. TDC and Slaughterers are differentiated alliances with their own agendas. We all share in some "let's kill Evo" but there have been several times when we have parted ways on enemies, allies and priorities; Holiday and High Lords are the last two that come to mind.

As to Pacific League, Atlantic Leagues has always resisted booting players who are trying which certainly makes us rather weak and foolish compared to a powerhouse like Evolution. The original idea was to have Pacific League be a place for less active players to still be part of the team. It was actually surprising to me to find out we had numerous active duty military in our alliance; we opted to grade on a curve on that and Pacific League was one way to keep a war focus but keep those connections with people who had more important engagements. We'll see what comes of it.

In many ways, Atlantic is very un-leet. For many, that equates to MRA and complaining about garbage players attacking in cowardly packs. I've had fun playing the game and so have many other Atlantic players. We certainly haven't hidden in the shadows or avoided tough fights. We've defended well and attacked well at times. We definitely don't have a boatload of big players so we certainly aren't a dominant alliance. However, I think some might find us dangerous from time to time.

DeletedUser

4 branches now! wow! :eek: lol are they the new hive ;)

They could also have merged into a bigger group, another strategy less discussed, but it ...euhm ...represents also 'growth' :cool:

I bet my money on total domination being the next candidate for merge with evolutions. Well ok, you'll only take in the top 5 maybe ;) (those that need to convince their own members to keep sending in 20LS attacks)

DeletedUser

you know I have a lot of respect for you egami and for what you've done with AL.. I fear you maybe getting led astray tho.. Letting BBCue create an alliance with the sole purpose of recruiting refugees, traitors and those that were quite frankly not good enough for your enemies could well be a downward path for AL I'm affraid.. and apart from anything else, it's almost setting yourself up to take in spies :p If we felt that way inclinded you kinda just gave us a free pass lol

just on a slightly side note.. Bad company has what around 215 players in 2 oceans.. Evo has 98 in about 10 oceans.. and yet all bad company has acheived is picking off a few cities around the edges lol thanks again though for the bp.. as you can see we are putting them to good use - http://www.grepostats.com/world/en9/alliance_achievements

p.s. Angels, when Evo was created we merged 5 alliances into 3 and then cut that down to 2.. so I don't think MRA is a word that we could be called :p

DeletedUser

p.s. Angels, when Evo was created we merged 5 alliances into 3 and then cut that down to 2.. so I don't think MRA is a word that we could be called :p

I didn't say it was an MRA, just merely documenting history how fast you can grow using some strategies.
:)

DeletedUser

:pro:Lozza I think your misrepresenting the size of EVO yes you have 98 players in 10 oceans but you also have ~2500 cities on those 98 players where most the players in Bad Co. are Newer players to Iota including me where i started playing 4 months after the server was created and only been playing for 4 months total in the game learning as I went. almost every player I know is trying to get city slots so they can conquer more cities.

Yes you have powerhouse players that are good. that have 40 + cities slots to take more because they also have been playing longer then Most that started in ocean 67.

20 Mil points Vs combine of 11 mil points a Player with 3- 5 cities has almost no chance of taking a Player with 20 cities under there belt..

These scraps that evo claims that we are taking are building the stregths of our players and making them better.

I think the funniest Comment when 35 attacks where launched at me "oh i checked your stats and your not worth my time" :cool: Well for not being worth the time I collected 36k BPS in 18 hrs. from 5 evo players where 4 of them was in the top 100 and I kept my city.

So thank you for my next city spot!!! coming to an Island Near you :pro:

DeletedUser

:pro:Lozza I think your misrepresenting the size of EVO yes you have 98 players in 10 oceans but you also have ~2500 cities on those 98 players where most the players in Bad Co. are Newer players to Iota including me where i started playing 4 months after the server was created and only been playing for 4 months total in the game learning as I went. almost every player I know is trying to get city slots so they can conquer more cities.

Yes you have powerhouse players that are good. that have 40 + cities slots to take more because they also have been playing longer then Most that started in ocean 67.

20 Mil points Vs combine of 11 mil points a Player with 3- 5 cities has almost no chance of taking a Player with 20 cities under there belt..

These scraps that evo claims that we are taking are building the stregths of our players and making them better.

I think the funniest Comment when 35 attacks where launched at me "oh i checked your stats and your not worth my time" :cool: Well for not being worth the time I collected 36k BPS in 18 hrs. from 5 evo players where 4 of them was in the top 100 and I kept my city.

So thank you for my next city spot!!! coming to an Island Near you :pro:

You're welcome. As I said in my novel earlier on this thread we like the aggressive players. We want you to come to and island near us.. Nobody wants to send 40 hour LS attacks now do they. Oh and before I forgot - good job (or good luck?) with the LS counterstrike, you actually hit 2 seconds after my CS completed - had no time to save it. Thats what we're after.. lets see more of that, we're not going anywhere.

Curious who said "oh I checked your stats and your not worth my time" though...

Oh and one more thing:
"35 attacks...blah blah...from 5 evo players where 4 of them was in the top 100 and I kept my city."

You really missed the bus didn't you.. Did you not see what you yourself said? WE HAVE A TON OF CITIES! Do you really think that was a full force strike? 35 attacks?? I mean come on I can't speak for others but I didn't even send ANYTHING during the revolt window, I had multiple items to deal with and a very busy work week. You got ONE WAVE of low power attacks. Ask the people who have lost a city to us. If we really want it and there are 5 of us after you, your getting a lot more than 35 attacks.. thats for sure. TDC even does at 5 times better than that..

But by all means keep your head up, keep having fun (which it seems like we all are now), and keep progressing. I look forward to our future encounters.

oh yeah and the scraps, they are supposed to make you stronger. Thats why I give them to my dog as well.. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

almost every player I know is trying to get city slots so they can conquer more cities. :

same as Evo ;)

yep same as evo ;) everytime you attack, you give us a load of bp to take more cities and grow strong :p

OT slightly which I side tracked it maybe.. sorry sereton..

This was more about recruitment styles currently being adopted by AL/PL who are part of bad company

DeletedUser

Letting BBCue create an alliance with the sole purpose of recruiting refugees, traitors and those that were quite frankly not good enough for your enemies could well be a downward path for AL I'm affraid.. and apart from anything else, it's almost setting yourself up to take in spies :p If we felt that way inclinded you kinda just gave us a free pass lol

Whoa whoa whoa. Now there's the pot calling the kettle black huh? Since this is about "MRA style recruiting," let's talk about Evo being formed in 064, yeah?

We already know that the majority of you in Evo who have a voice claim to have had no part in the recruitment strategies of Evo... (x3) when taking in members of The Olympians and The Chosen whilst they were under attack by us in O64. Kockie stated to me, "If AND ONLY if you have a new recruit of ours city in revolt, we will allow you to take that city and then EXPECT you to leave that new player of ours alone." Pffffffffffft... Of course we responded a week later by declaring war to Roky himself... And Kockie left due to RL didn't he? :( (He pulled an Aramay! LMAO!)

Anyway, you have no room to talk about people's "unorthodox" way of recruiting, as I've been asked for invites from a few members you all have kicked out too. Seems they didn't like the Evo way.
You know the old list of ours. The refugees you've invited into Evo:
Mjear - currently facing eviction from Ocean 64. Not a soul has tried to stop it this time ;) Or maybe we just broke that defense down in our area completely.
Ace06- K.I.A. (Twice if you count our O63 eviction of him.)
Sialan- K.I.A. (I don't think he got a chance with you guys... he hit VM too soon, and then lost all his cities rather quickly when he came back)
Red Dragon 777- K.I.A. (Self destruct button? Or went frantic after realizing Evo didn't have his back like he'd hoped, considering he had a death wish after speaking to members within our alliance.)
Shaner- K.I.A. (Claimed A noob? But still invited by you all nonetheless)
Spencer2- Facing eviction from Iota at last (Already been evicted from O53.)
Greymist.- Hit the VM button after losing about 10 cities? Granted, most went to The Templars, but we may have lent a helping hand. He's gained a couple from a semi-active player of ours this past week... Great work. (Lucky for him, the majority of our gunners are over 48hrs away via CS.)

And a VERY little known fact that has never been publicized before is, peterlee79, one of your biggest guns in that area, started out with us and joined EM and then Evo because he wanted to be a "spy" for us. We gained a bit of intel earlier on in the game, but then of course he decided to switch sides completely because he knew if he didn't, he would be conquered by both Evolution and The Brotherhood Alliances for his betrayal. Like many other softies on Iota who fear being conquered, he played sim city and turtled it up until you guys attacked him... and then invited him right after LOL... The only reason I knew he was no longer on our side is when he did not give us word about the EnasEllinas attacks beforehand. Poor guy... Had he stayed with us, he'd own the islands you all share with him. Now we have to take those too :D

Not to mention, The Brotherhood Elite was offered a merge into Evo... when we were only 20 strong in our Elite team. 13thknight received a personal invititation claiming he was the best in our ocean and "Only the best need apply to Evo." I think we've already proved that wrong a few times ;)

Allow me to add one more thing to my ongoing rant... Alot of the people we have attacked that have not fallen completely have yet to counter-attack or show any form of aggression towards ours... We seem to have run out of refugees to hunt, so a few of you can look forward to losing some cities real soon.

I love how you say, "we want to lose cities." That's just not true at all... A few of your bigger players have made their way to OUR front lines to fight us, so we've obviously made our point thus far. We're only getting stronger as we muscle your boys out of our surroundings... After all, :pro:

DeletedUser

Allow me to add one more thing to my ongoing rant... Alot of the people we have attacked that have not fallen completely have yet to counter-attack or show any form of aggression towards ours... We seem to have run out of refugees to hunt, so a few of you can look forward to losing some cities real soon.

I love how you say, "we want to lose cities." That's just not true at all... A few of your bigger players have made their way to OUR front lines to fight us, so we've obviously made our point thus far. We're only getting stronger as we muscle your boys out of our surroundings... After all, :pro:

Don't know about 64 and don't handle the invites so not sure on that that huge mess at the top, but for this last part, if our larger members make it to your front lines, and you push them back, your winning. Don't see that being argued anywhere.. But you stated that our players made their way to YOUR front lines.. that sounds like we're advancing.. not you? Just an observation.. ;)

DeletedUser

oh I checked your stats and your not worth my time

That was Ronaldb Saying my stats were not good enough to be a threat or even to be considered that i would keep my city or take one his fore the attack My defensive score was 11k Now it is 44k Stats don't mean a lot for defensiveness when you never really had major attacks.

As far as the counter strike i Figured you would try to launch a cs from that base so i sent out My ls to hope to catch it.

I work Over 60 Hrs a week and Help take care of an 83 year old friend that is going thru Chemo that lives 1 hr away I got lucky enough to have Insomnia the morning that the attacks started so I could get My support there.

DeletedUser

Actually there wasn't any "unorthodox" way of recruiting.. we actually didn't recruit against any reasonable standard I've seen in this game.

Yes some bad recruiting was done in 64.. and yes we've had words with the person that did the bad recruiting, I hope it won't happen again..

however recruiting players which are refugees from an alliance that you've no relationship isn't bad or wrong as long as your prepared to have the fight afterwards, which we were ;)

For me, refugees from allies are a big no, but refugees from an alliance you never spoke to isn't wrong, especially when those refugees were in a pact alliance... Actually while I say some bad recruiting was done, it was more to do with the fact that many that were recruited turned out to be noobs..

So whilst respect to you and TBE, actually if those refugees had been good I wouldn't have minded and actually wouldn't have said that is bad practice, recruiting players from an ally when they fall.. and it's a practice that is done all over tbf

I don't think the practice behind recruiting EM was bad, if AL falls then TDC will prolly recruit some of those players, if wee brother falls then LB will prolly recruit some etc, etc. We were very close with EM for a long time so I don't see why offering players who had played along ourside is wrong.

p.s. why was you speaking to kockie? he was a squad leader in 66 and nothing to do with anything in 64?

p.p.s. I'm not sure I said we liked to lose a city, If i did say that, I certainly don't lol who does.. We don't mind getting attacked.. that's different.. it's much easier to get bp from defence :)

for example we had a player lose 4 cities in 2 days, he got enough cp to take 10 cities afterwards.. would you swop 4 and gain 10, in 2 days :p

and getting attacked is part of the game and it makes you a better player :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

p.p.s. I'm not sure I said we liked to lose a city, If i did say that, I certainly don't lol who does.. We don't mind getting attacked.. that's different.. it's much easier to get bp from defence :)

for example we had a player lose 4 cities in 2 days, he got enough cp to take 10 cities afterwards.. would you swop 4 and gain 10, in 2 days :p

and getting attacked is part of the game and it makes you a better player :)
I said it. :)

But more specifically since its being brought back up its not the physical loss of the city that I was referring to, because yes nobody wants a city to be removed from their control, its not the point of the game, and it took at least 12 hours plus travel to complete. What I was meaning is that when a city is lost, defensive BP is gained blah blah you just said it all right above :) When done right a city loss is actually not a "loss" at all. It also means the next time we push into the area of the loss we are actually doing it against a worthy enemy.. Sorry for being to vague ;) I like the loss for the other items it brings, not for what it is at face value.

Also - sorry for sidetracking this post. No more comments from me here about anything other than recruiting styles :)

DeletedUser

But you stated that our players made their way to YOUR front lines.. that sounds like we're advancing.. not you? Just an observation.. ;)

They didn't make it by way of our cities, so even though they've advanced closer to us, we've sustained no losses as a direct cause from it.

As for losing cities and gaining defensive BP, I'd agree with you on that to an extent. It is rather enjoyable if you've been able to defend correctly, and you still gain DBP withOUT losing any cities. It was a treat to be a part of Sh1bby and Enas' defense on your mass attacks towards them. Now I can just watch them pick up more of your cities near us :) And they still own those cities you failed to capture.

The reason for me contacting Kockie is simple enough. His name was the only one in any of your profiles, and at that time I've never spoken to anyone within your ranks other than when Roky asked if we were at war. Kockie was listed as a diplomat, so I sent him a message looking for answers. Had I known Lozza was this awesome to converse with at the time, I would have went that direction and probably received better results :p

As for unorthodox recruiting, I guess my aggression was more towards the individuals that continued to hide under bigger alliance's banners in fear of being conquered. The only time EM members had any chance against us is when we were at war with 2 other alliances at the same time. Once we dissolved one feud, The Chosen was destroyed and EM was following really close behind. QCI even contacted me to see about taking on LEGION together at that time. That of course was pointless, considering he joined you all not even a week after that conversation. I don't blame him... I never respected EM much as a whole... Especially after having Merc98 as a leader and appointing leadership to Erekerendo (R.I.P. :pro:) That ultimately got him evicted from Iota... Throwing LEGION's weight around like that... Hmph.

Back to the topic at hand... I don't see "Bad Company" being an MRA... When we speak of MRAs, I think about alliances like Real Madrid, or The Chosen. Huge alliances with many players and several wings, yet no personal relationships. Look where that got them :p "Bad Company" are more like The Brotherhood Alliances before we formed... Sovereign Guard (3 wings) and P.O.W (2 wings). We bulked up, made a few good bonds, cut out all the dead weight and those who would not participate, and now we just gun for bigger alliances (or those who have wronged us in the past ;) )

Keep fighting the good fight guys... And Herbal I would be honored for you (and Lozza ;) ) to step up on our front lines if you think we're not advancing well enough. Size is a major factor in this game, and while Evo was built from already experienced players who have established themselves in Grepo, we've trained some newcomers to be the great gunners that they are now. Just because we're this far into the game doesn't mean we can't pick up some new talent and throw them at you all :) Plus, it takes a whole lot to clear those turtle cities that some of your members have built, and we don't have nearly the amount of cities, resources, or coordinated active players that your team does, yet we're still taking from you.

If anyone in O64 doesn't agree with what I say, bring it... :cool:

:pro::pro::pro::pro::pro::pro::pro::pro::pro::pro:

DeletedUser

<<no disagreement on the top two paragraphs>>
<<second and third are some stuff I had no part in, so skipped>>
<<for the MRA, well, I really don't care. If you are an MRA you'll fail. Its a fact.>>

Keep fighting the good fight guys... And Herbal I would be honored for you (and Lozza ;) ) to step up on our front lines if you think we're not advancing well enough. Size is a major factor in this game, and while Evo was built from already experienced players who have established themselves in Grepo, we've trained some newcomers to be the great gunners that they are now. Just because we're this far into the game doesn't mean we can't pick up some new talent and throw them at you all :) Plus, it takes a whole lot to clear those turtle cities that some of your members have built, and we don't have nearly the amount of cities, resources, or coordinated active players that your team does, yet we're still taking from you.
I never said you weren't advancing fast enough. I simply observed that you said "we came to your front lines"... that makes you sound like you sat there playing with egami's fluffy white chicks while we advanced. Of course being aggressive we've gone a little bit of everywhere, not just your front lines. Thats why we have the pretty little "#1" all over us. I don't expect you to advance any faster, we handle that :)

As for "we are all established grepo players" thats not true. :eek: I won't tell on anybody, but I promise that's not true... and don't be so sure that the "turtle cities" are not just a coordinated defense efforts. Either way, in the end, unless we all quit there is just no way Evo. is going anywhere. Maybe we can plan another VM to give you time to catch up? :pro:

DeletedUser

Sure, please use another mass vacation mode to runaway from coordinated attacks. Evolution coined the whole strategy. I bet Sun Tzu is kicking himself for not coming up with MVM.:D

DeletedUser

Ice - sorry I forgot that Kockie had been put as founder in dot 3.. that makes sense you spoke to him.. :) And QCI was a great addition from EM so I don't regret that, we did pick up a few decent EM players :)

Sure, please use another mass vacation mode to runaway from coordinated attacks. Evolution coined the whole strategy. I bet Sun Tzu is kicking himself for not coming up with MVM.:D
We wouldn't wanna tip off another stress-related vacation for you though :(