Pact's and Nap's

DeletedUser

Heey all i was just wondering if anyone had somthing good going out of there pacts and naps ( or like some say we dont pact/nap we just get help )

Ive been in some alliances on Phi and it seems to me all the pact/nap's been pretty useless even when they were pacts from the top of the notch guilds !

Only thing ive seen in pact/naps is to use the (allied) for a moment and to gain information *** well

-Keep your friends close and your enemies closer-

Alliances Will not Care about Pacts and Naps or Just getting some help when it comes to the big picture, u will most likely get raped before they break the agreement so They can be victorious In ''The End''

I guess we are all victims of a cruel war game and its tacticts but i have seen this mistake been done by to Many Alliances

:heh:

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2334

The last alliance I was in, were allied with basically everyone I would consider sending a CS at lol

They didnt help anyone out so were a waste to be honest, and it meant I had to send my CS like 14 hours further to get a city, not fun waiting! :L

DeletedUser

My alliance has no pacts and 'we' (More like 'me' as I am the only member.) plan to keep it that way because there aren't many decent targets in the area we're (I'm) based.

~Warlord

DeletedUser2334

cool, maybe you should keep to one ocean untill your alliance is larger for supporting and teamwork reasons. How many members do you have now?

DeletedUser

I think that the nature of a pact or a NAP depends largely on the circumstance under which it was made. If your alliance is busy with a big enemy, and you don't want to be flanked from another alliance on your other side, you might try to convince them to enter into a pact because it has a temporary advantage to you. The other alliance would be unlikely to agree to a NAP if they are not under pressure themselves, but a pact might help them grow in the future and holds the promise of valuable cooperation of powerful allies. If they accept, but your pact then simple acts as a NAP and nothing further happens to develop cooperation, the pact never really gains any meaning. You might break it once your alliance no longer needs it, or the other alliance might break it if they want to move into your area. If instead, you do manage to sign a NAP, with both alliances finding it advantageous to have less of a threat against them at the moment, it might serve its purpose of giving you a brief respite from attacks, even if it ends up being broken.

You have to consider that a good pact takes a long time to forge, so people will be hesitant to break it. You cannot know who to trust, and previous interaction acts as an important reference point. Even if people do break a pact, saying that they "do not care" would be an extreme simplification. In the end, it really comes down to how invested people are in the situation. Much interaction in Grepolis seems only skin deep, meaning that many choices will simply depend on what opportunity presents itself to the players.

It is my experience that if pacts are forged through actual relations and cooperation, they will be much stronger. It is much like any relationship between two players. Some would go to great lengths for others despite not being in the same alliance. Others will be part of the same alliance, but only work towards their own goals.

A NAP never means that much. My guess is that they will often be used as a diplomatic tool when a situation is still at a stand-still but might change in the near future - a "we might work together in the future, so lets avoid developing hostilities; if anyone attacks, any future deals fall through", if you will. But if you have a NAP with someone over a long period of time, you will be much less likely to ever consider them an enemy at any point in the future.

Personally, I always mean what I say, and I would never break a pact. If I was ever to think of a pact as untenable, I would give allies due notice before I dissolve the pact.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

cool, maybe you should keep to one ocean untill your alliance is larger for supporting and teamwork reasons. How many members do you have now?

2, one is in 62 (<Tmesis.) and one is in 66 (<Me.) I invited him even though he was so far away because he has been very helpful and nice to me plus he offered some advice.

~Warlord

DeletedUser18740

I think that the nature of a pact or a NAP depends largely on the circumstance under which it was made. If your alliance is busy with a big enemy, and you don't want to be flanked from another alliance on your other side, you might try to convince them to enter into a pact because it has a temporary advantage to you. The other alliance would be unlikely to agree to a NAP if they are not under pressure themselves, but a pact might help them grow in the future and holds the promise of valuable cooperation of powerful allies. If they accept, but your pact then simple acts as a NAP and nothing further happens to further cooperation, the pact never really gains any meaning. You might break it once your alliance no longer needs the respite it, or they might break it if they want to move into your area. If instead, you do manage to sign a NAP, with both alliances finding it advantageous to have less of a threat against them at the moment, it might serve its purpose of giving you a brief respite from attacks, even if it ends up being broken.

You have to consider that a good pact takes a long time to forge, so people will be hesitant to break it. You cannot know who to trust, and previous interaction acts as an important reference point. Even if people do break a pact, saying that they "do not care" would be an extreme simplification. In the end, it really comes down to how invested people are in the situation. Much interaction in Grepolis seems only skin deep, meaning that many choices will simply depend on what opportunity presents itself to the players.

It is my experience that if pacts are forged through actual relations and cooperation, they will be much stronger. It is much like any relationship between two player. Some would go to great length for others despite not being in the same alliance. Others will stay in the same alliance, but only work towards their own goals.

A NAP never means that much, but if you have a NAP with someone over a long period, you will be much less likely to ever considering them an enemy at any point in the future.

Personally, I always mean what I say, and I would never break a pact. If I was ever to think of a pact as untenable, I would give allies due notice before I dissolve the pact.

Nice answer Asjo, +rep.

DeletedUser

um in my alliance in pi we have a pact with the top alliance and we are the third we have been pact since the beginning it can be use full if you both tell each other ur actual priorities are dont lie to each other

DeletedUser

I only believe in pacts if they are actually worth it. To be honest, some of these smaller alliances are worth being allies with then some of the big ones. Its like they look up to you or something...

DeletedUser

That may work in your situation, but what they are trying to get at is that alliances that are pacted due to close personal friendships between each other tend to be much more successful than alliances that are pacted simply because of a shared goal, or at least that it what I took what they said to mean.

DeletedUser8078

That may work in your situation, but what they are trying to get at is that alliances that are pacted due to close personal friendships between each other tend to be much more successful than alliances that are pacted simply because of a shared goal, or at least that it what I took what they said to mean.

Exactly...just like Sanity and Sanity II for example.

DeletedUser

Exactly...just like Sanity and Sanity II for example.

You got this wrong. They have the same name - this means they are married with each other.

There is neither friendship nor a pact between the two ;)

I heard the current divorce proceedings are nasty with Sanity claiming 100% of all cities.

Life is a Bish

DeletedUser

yes there are a few internal conquers going on, but I assure you, none of the sanity clan are at war with each other.

DeletedUser

Yea, good on you Asjo, that was well put.

In O64 where we, the Barbie Bar Fighters reside, we share a strong nap with The Imperial Guard who also share O64.
If you can get a solid NAP with someone you want to keep around, or share the same goal with in an Ocean, jesus why not make one.

You were also right on with the usage of pacts.... well done again

DeletedUser18571

I thought I should comment and share my views on pacts.

I never pact in my ocean, thats a rule I place for my alliance no matter the situation. If you cant take control of your first ocean then you might as well give up on trying to be the a top tier alliance.

Honoring a pact is really important. I have made a few pacts in this world and every pact I made was thoroughly thought out and with alliances that are organized, aggressive and share a common goal. What I mean by common goal would be a situation were you need some assistance to take out a coalition of alliances that outnumber you by a large margin or simply when your faced with a situation that brute force is not enough to defeat an enemy. You can say its cowardly but I call it politics and thats what diplomacy is.

There's multiple ways that people view a Nap, but two are more common.

first example: Some people try to establish a Nap for safety to prevent a big alliance from overcoming them without the intentions of having them to work with you offensively. That's extremely cowardly but not necessarily wrong. sometimes you cant risk having a nearby threat when you are already in war with other alliances.

Second Example: having a temporary Nap with to gain trust and eventually work towards an actual pact and future ally. These are very useful and sometimes strong bonds that are formed early on can have long influence in a world.

Before making a pact I try and talk with the leaders of the alliance I plan on making the pact. I introduce myself (make sure to never mention some information like where you live etc). I also talk about past experience and future goals and carefully listen to how the person speaks and judge on the personality, grammar, experience(noobness), etc. Then I take everything into consideration and take a few days to make a final decision.