Pacts

DeletedUser

What's the point?
I entered a pact with United Empires of Zeta yet they continue to attack me.
Am I missing something?:rolleyes:

DeletedUser

No I didn't. There were two members on my island that kept attacking me, so we sent them mail asking why? They didn't answer. Now one of their big players is in a conquest attack on me. We also asked him why? He didn't respond either. So now I've cancelled the pact. But that still doesn't answer the question. Why be in a pact with someone if you don't intend to honour it?

DeletedUser14786

What was your agreement with them when you made the pact? Or if somebody else made the pact, what was agreed to? Simply sending a pact request over without making an agreement seems like creating trouble to me.

DeletedUser

I thought a pact was made to help defend each other, not attack each other. That's usually the point of pacts. If I was going to attack someone I wouldn't make a pact with him/her. Anyway, they have conquered my city now and I have to start again. :(

DeletedUser14786

I thought a pact was made to help defend each other, not attack each other. That's usually the point of pacts. If I was going to attack someone I wouldn't make a pact with him/her. Anyway, they have conquered my city now and I have to start again. :(

Don't lose heart! You learn a little each time you lose a city. Some pacts can truly be worthwhile, but (as Garg said) you just need to use wise judgement about creating them.:)

Personally, if I go to the trouble of creating a pact, I like to define exactly what the purpose of the pact is, and what are grounds for termination of the pact. Open lines of communication are also key. I find that my allies are very responsive to this, and it's hard to be angry about a pact when you can either judge that somebody violated the pact, or that you just made an error in judgement about what you agreed to.

DeletedUser14786

Alright lads, let's keep this on topic so we don't all look immature. ;)

The thread is about pacts, and I think we each have one experience that has taught to be a bit wiser about them. Everybody is free to share, but if you're going to post here contribute to the thread. Otherwise create a PnP about how you were double-crossed or defended against somebody's attacks.

DeletedUser12571

The discussion is about pacts and their uses, not accusations.

DeletedUser

Ok..I started this post. What happened to the threads? They seemed to have disappeared.

DeletedUser

I guess the mods decided to bring this topic back on track by erasing the unrelated posts...