Pandora's Box 2018 Feedback Thread

DeletedUser31931

Maybe we should be able to opt out of events and not have to endure the gold offers that we all know will be spamming our screens soon .. no one in their right mind would spend gold on this very poor and frankly mind numbingly boring event.
And yet we spend, as most everyone in my alliance is doing, including myself.

DeletedUser41523

The event only really looks worth it if you're taking the top 4 spots.

Ranga1

Strategos
useless event, takes up way too much time, rewards are almost worthless. I need to logon at least 7 times per day to get 50% rock increase in one city. At least its not our own troops we are wasting.

DeletedUser31931

The event only really looks worth it if you're taking the top 4 spots.
Uhh....what? Was this a typo or something?

If you meant top 3, I mostly concur. The LS bonuses are pretty huge. I like the rewards as a whole though (and this is coming from a heavy golder who will certainly be top 3), they don't give a massive advantage or told of annoying fliers like past events.

DeletedUser55701

IMO, This is one of those events that is fair for all the players.

Unlike the event "Wheels of Fortune", which was basically for the gold abusers, who were all able to build nukes at ease only because of how deep their pocket ran, This event demands more activity from the players. The more active you are, the better and more rewards you are gonna get.

Eventhough the Top 3 spots is as always going to be filled by "Who paid the most" players, The most active ones are sure to get good rewards after the 40th Box considering that the additional rewards are worth the effort.

For those complaining about the event, You can abuse your gold in cutting the mission time by half, recruiting more volunteers, advancing onwards to more boxes without the timer and get as many boxes as you wish. What else do you want?

curadh

Phrourach
Even being active it would be very hard to complete all 40 boxes without gold within the timing of the event .. bearing in mind that you have a waiting period after each box, or are you suggesting that players do not go to work or sleep for the entire event?

DeletedUser55855

Even being active it would be very hard to complete all 40 boxes without gold within the timing of the event .. bearing in mind that you have a waiting period after each box, or are you suggesting that players do not go to work or sleep for the entire event?

yeah... waiting for boxes to open after closing previous one after 25 would take a lot of time.. so you need $$$ to open them and start on quests earlier... i agee, last year i lost countless of olu/dlu nukes and only reached 30 something without gold.. this time its a bit more balanced

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
In events the rewards are usually determined by the "stage/level" you are at when the event starts. If you cross the threshold into the next level during the events the items' levels don't increase.

DeletedUser55855

In events the rewards are usually determined by the "stage/level" you are at when the event starts. If you cross the threshold into the next level during the events the items' levels don't increase.

i dont know how long you have been away from the actually gameplay but im pretty sure that even if event started 10 days ago when i was 1k pts and now im 10k pts it should be 8 harpies per hour not 4, as is the situation for other events.

DeletedUser31931

i dont know how long you have been away from the actually gameplay but im pretty sure that even if event started 10 days ago when i was 1k pts and now im 10k pts it should be 8 harpies per hour not 4, as is the situation for other events.
If this were an event shop, sure. But it's not. This is like if you bought something and put it in your inventory when you had 200k points...it doesn't increase when you get to 250k because you already bought it.

DeletedUser55855

If this were an event shop, sure. But it's not. This is like if you bought something and put it in your inventory when you had 200k points...it doesn't increase when you get to 250k because you already bought it.

yeah but i didnt buy/unlock any unit tokens as of yet

DeletedUser41523

What events are you playing? I've crossed the threshold several times and always leveled as it went.

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
Guess I'm mistaken. My bad. I'll ask to find out if there's a reason why these tokens aren't scaling but I might not get an answer till Monday morning.

DeletedUser54192

While I do like the overall changes to the event (lack of event shop, not having to burn units), I would like to ask what made the developers make certain early box rewards quite so weak. I am particularly referring to Boxes 1, 3 and 7. Boxes 1 and 3 give +50% wood production and stone production respectively, each for 6 hours. This is the same production percentage increase as the old island quest resource production tokens: those quest tokens were dramatically increased in strength because it was recognised that a short +50% production increase simply wasn't worth the time/resources/etc that had to be used to complete the quest. Box 7 gives all resources +50% production for 6 hours, which can't be duplicated by any island quest, however it is still weaker in terms of total extra resources than a resource-specific island quest token. Given that this is one of the more time-intensive events (and inaccessible from the app), I'd be interested to know why there are several rewards that are weaker than those obtainable from island quests.

I like the fact that there aren't a tonne of overly-powerful rewards, as it's something the community has been complaining about for a while. However I do think that there has been a bit of overcompensation in the level to which some of the early box rewards were weakened.

DeletedUser41523

I wouldn't mind a shop. But a shop with regular troops and LS/tris/birs.

Something that basically encouraged consistent but balanced fighting sounds more fun than a ton of flyers or an underpowered event.

DeletedUser34939

I'm sure the shop will be back next time around. This game is using very very little gold so far so unless it starts scaling up drastically on troop requirements etc inno will probably be looking for a way to make more people spend next time around. Not saying that negatively just realistically. I'm paying for 2-3 extra boxes at night but wouldn't need to do that at all if I wasn't on the AP for 12 hrs during the day and i'm in the top 50 on the server. Players who can actually just complete the boxes when they refresh without paying could be in the same position without having spent a dime.

Fluvisol

Phrourach
Guess I'm mistaken. My bad. I'll ask to find out if there's a reason why these tokens aren't scaling but I might not get an answer till Monday morning.
Please do let us know if they answer
Because this is just a bit stupid
In the time it takes to run the token I almost get enough favour for half those harpies ._.
7lWTvcp.png

DeletedUser44213

I would like to say that I am a big supporter of this event and thank you to Inno for taking into consideration what the community has been saying. Whether voiced on externals, the main complaint I have heard about events is that they are only beneficial for Gold users. I agreed. This event may be a bit lacking in the scale of rewards (I still feel tbf that the Manti token, for example, could be for more hours to give you a full nuke cause its only one token) but the idea I think is far better. It still gives some good rewards for that top 50 and tbh you can't please everyone.

Considering I imagine that this has been a lower earning event for Inno, that is a good gesture irrelevant of whether they have got it bang on this time. I still would like to see a greater skill aspect involved with events such as the last one where you had to try and find the perfect ratio. A balance between that and this event would be spot on I reckon. Would maybe be good for the community to have an input on how to make the event a more technical trial and how gold could be incorporated!

Oh and hey @Tusc2010 , I recognise your name, not sure if you remember mine ;)