Pandora's Box 2018 Feedback Thread

DeletedUser55894

34% Chance so each third try should be a ghost so the box should need 21 maybe 22 or 23 trys with bad luck, but 21 trys and 4 ghosts and 8 misses once again in a row and this happen three times and one time 10 and one time 11 misses in a row

this would be ok if there are also successes in such a large row, but this isn´t the case. I had one time 5 misses on a Row by 50% chance WOAH and my best was 6 successes in a row with 42%

compare this with 6 misses by 83%!!!!

DeletedUser31931

It's still probability Tusc. Your results are not impossible.
Even if we ignore that my results alone have a probability <0.0000 as is shown in the other thread, four people (not even counting all the others who have agreed but not specifically recorded data) have now posted results. They all show the same thing. Compiled together, the data mathematically show that in fact, the results ARE impossible.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser36697

Here is a quick question?
Is it possible to create a program that will generate Natural Randomness, Luck or, perhaps if folks are looking at creating probability would that not, then, become predetermined and invalidate the process?

DeletedUser31931

Here is a quick question?
Is it possible to create a program that will generate Natural Randomness, Luck or, perhaps if folks are looking at creating probability would that not, then, become predetermined and invalidate the process?
And I assume they are just using a random number generator...? In a slightly simplified sense:
  • The chance of success is X
  • Server fetches a number 1-100, call it Y
  • Is Y<=X ? If so, successful
  • If Y>X, failed mission
The issue here appears to be that Inno is lying to us about the value of X, because the data shown irrefutably proves that we are not succeeding anywhere close to as often as we should be. Again, this is a simplified demonstration; I have no way to see how exactly this event was coded.

DeletedUser31852

Random number generators usually have flaws when you don’t use ones that are fit for cryptography, but I doubt that the flaws would end up being so blatant

Raydium88

Strategos
So I have been stuck at Box 40 now for almost a day... I mean, at first I thought "Right this bugger is the final stretch and evidently it will make it pain in the . So I thought... At a maximum chance fluctuating between 34% to 42% on missions, getting 14 fails in a row now seems rather sketchy. I guess is trying to play around with my sanity. Which admittedly it has succeeded... lol

(0.66^14) x 100 = 0.298 %

After 20 raging hours I need a break, a beer and a late night comedy show.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser4945

So on my last run for box 36 I've won the missions 2 out of 12 tries, and with the time remaining there is 0 chance of me closing it unless I spend gold to reduce mission times on each of my next tries and get wins every time - NOT LIKELY. So I'm done. Even though I will win top spot in my world with 80273 points, it's a disappointing end to a frustrating event.

The awards are fine, the use of virtual troops is good, but the odds of getting much further than 30 are scant unless scads of gold is used. Won't even try for more than that next time I play!

DeletedUser36697

So now the game is done.. the box has disappeared.. along with all the rewards folks earned or paid for.. i wonder how many folks, buzy spending coin not sleeping managed to use any of their rewards?
So a fairly poor contest with less than choice rewards.. does not allow any after time, to use the rewards nor was I able to save any into extended inventory
so really what was the point?
smiley_emoticons_irre4.gif
smiley_emoticons_thumbs-down_new.gif

DeletedUser34939

So now the game is done.. the box has disappeared.. along with all the rewards folks earned or paid for.. i wonder how many folks, buzy spending coin not sleeping managed to use any of their rewards?
So a fairly poor contest with less than choice rewards.. does not allow any after time, to use the rewards nor was I able to save any into extended inventory
so really what was the point?
smiley_emoticons_irre4.gif
smiley_emoticons_thumbs-down_new.gif

You could only have 1 reward stored in the event and the timer was pretty clearly stated. If anyone lost anything it’s their own fault.

I’m impressed at your ability to find ever more petty things to complain about.

DeletedUser36697

You could only have 1 reward stored in the event and the timer was pretty clearly stated. If anyone lost anything it’s their own fault.

I’m impressed at your ability to find ever more petty things to complain about.

as I am impressed with your commentary on me, rather FLAaTTERED YOU TAKE THE TIME TO READ EVERYTHING i POST AND THE CONTEXT

-Previous contests have had a 24-48hr period after the contest ended and inventory and extended inventory have been used on previous contest

-Do you have the Ref that stated all rewards were to used or stored before the timer on Pandoras box stopped?..

So stay on topic dont make it personal..

are you man/women enough to apologize or are you just another forum mouth piece

DeletedUser31931

So stay on topic dont make it personal..
Of course, your go-to response. He was perfectly on topic. You whined because you couldn't manage to collect the rewards before the timer that ran out. Mojo then replied that this was the same timer, in fact, that has been there for three weeks. Did you expect it to go into the negative....? His post could not be more on topic.

-Previous contests have had a 24-48hr period after the contest ended and inventory and extended inventory have been used on previous contest
Yeah no. There has never been an event where the basic-level rewards when into the extended inventory. The rewards for first place went into my extended, but I guess that doesn't apply for you. :)

are you man/women enough to apologize or are you just another forum mouth piece
The only people that should be apologizing are the mods who chose to delete all your posts in the Pandora's thread for the umpteenth time instead of just banning. I'll apologize on mojo's behalf, that he dared point out that 100% of your posts are badly-written complaints.

Raydium88

Strategos
I got all that I wanted in the end. Cultural level, 20x LS boosts, +50% BP for 2 weeks... Was it worth my lack of sleep? Maybe. Oh well, now I can finally enjoy a long night's sleep. So yeah I am glad it's gone lol

DeletedUser55855

I got all that I wanted in the end. Cultural level, 20x LS boosts, +50% BP for 2 weeks... Was it worth my lack of sleep? Maybe. Oh well, now I can finally enjoy a long night's sleep. So yeah I am glad it's gone lol

you forgot to give us screenshoot of other rewards after box 40

DeletedUser36697

Of course, your go-to response. He was perfectly on topic. You whined because you couldn't manage to collect the rewards before the timer that ran out. Mojo then replied that this was the same timer, in fact, that has been there for three weeks. Did you expect it to go into the negative....? His post could not be more on topic.

Yeah no. There has never been an event where the basic-level rewards when into the extended inventory. The rewards for first place went into my extended, but I guess that doesn't apply for you. :)

The only people that should be apologizing are the mods who chose to delete all your posts in the Pandora's thread for the umpteenth time instead of just banning. I'll apologize on mojo's behalf, that he dared point out that 100% of your posts are badly-written complaints.

tired of you constantly insulting my english abilities among other things
reported you
had enough of your constant BULLYING

DeletedUser31931

@dadofwildthang While I wait for these last two posts of yours to be removed just like the rest of yours were, I would like to point out this segment of the rules as well:
Players who deliberately act against the building of the community will be denied access to these forums.
https://wiki.en.grepolis.com/wiki/Rules

I cannot seem to find a single post of yours that was in any way positive and not despairing towards a seemingly random user of the forums. If you have had a problem with almost everyone who has posted here in the last month, perhaps the problem is with you and not them. You whine about every aspect of the game and effort that developers make to improve it. Your latest temper-tantrum was literally that the developers didn't give you enough warning that the event would end when the timer (that's been there for 3 weeks) hit zero.

Annnnd of course you again led the thread off topic by personally attacking @mojosrisin and then me, while ignoring the actual issue being discussed (which event items could be designated as extended inventory). My post wasn't even an attack on your grammar, but rather on your demeanor and incessant whining. This is the same thread in which you've already received a warning for off-topic posts, because this is one of the threads that actually has a chance of improving next year's event.

My two suggestions are to improve the success rate of missions (and admit that the successes we were seeing are not the advertised rates), and that I think the box rewards could be a bit stronger, especially in the 10-30 range.

Having said that, I feel that the LS tokens for top 3 players are a bit much (and this is coming from someone who got first place). 40 days of +30% LS boosts are absurd because I will stretch this out to over 3 months, and yet will have every one of my major LS attacks have +70% attack with favorable winds, island quest, and tyches. This would be my suggestion:

1st: 15 +30% LS boosts and culture level
2nd: 10 +30% LS boosts
3rd: 10 +20% LS boosts
4-10th: 12 +10% LS boosts
11-30th: 8 +10% LS boosts
31-50th: 5 +10% LS boosts

Raydium88

Strategos
@dadofwildthang
Having said that, I feel that the LS tokens for top 3 players are a bit much (and this is coming from someone who got first place). 40 days of +30% LS boosts are absurd because I will stretch this out to over 3 months, and yet will have every one of my major LS attacks have +70% attack with favorable winds, island quest, and tyches. This would be my suggestion:

How come? I got the 1st prize myself. And with it the 20x 30% LS buffs for 2 days... I got 22 LS cities, and last I checked each are only applied to 1 city. Not all cities. So I will only have 2 days of the whole thing when I decide to pop a double and go on a killing spree... so I don't really follow the logic.

DeletedUser54192

@dadofwildthang. I may be wrong, but I believe that the extra 24-48 hours for reward collection was generally only for events with a shop to spend your tokens/shards/laurels/etc in. So last year this event would have had those extra 24-48 hours because you earned spirit tokens (I can't remember the exact name) for a shop, as well as the individual box rewards. This year, with a timer that was set to run out at midnight, and no shop involved, it was a fairly good indicator that there wouldn't be extra time for reward collection. Also, the wiki page didn't mention any extra time to collect rewards, whereas (for example) the Grepolympia page did.

It would be nice if they stated it on the Wiki page, but the evidence pointed towards the event shutting down completely at midnight, so I can't see that Inno did anything wrong in that respect.

DeletedUser55894

you forgot to give us screenshoot of other rewards after box 40

the Rewards where random after 40

I get 100 Pop in 44
ähm 8 LS in 42 (which would changed after a hotfix in 32 LS level 4 was not 4 hours but 16^^)
chainlightning level one in 41

and

nereids in 43 level 3 but not 3 hours but 9 after that hotfix (like level 3 multiplicated with 3 and level 4 with 4)

the other Player who reached and closed 44 get:

also 100 pop but in box 41
ähm 42 and 43 i don´t know but 44 was level 3 mantis (but also 9 hours after hotfix)

Hotfix was needed because using that rewards ends in an internal error^^

before Hotfix
4ezhkhPH8jxHHFLS-Bereich.png

AFTER^^
vJ3sYUfOETo5PAhQ-Bereich.png

you see the change of duration of the buffs^^

btw

who reached box 40 or more in EN Market?

In DE about 10 to 15 Players got 40 and i know only two how reached and closed 44