Pandora's Box 2018 Feedback Thread

DeletedUser55855

Two days after BP? How the hell is anybody supposed to hold a siege when there's going to be full blown manti nukes all over the map

you wont have full manti nuke, you cant get/buy multiple manti tokens, only 1 token, and it wont be 12x5 hrs.. it will be 8x2 hrs by default, but of course if you have 10k pts and over or 50k pts that token size will grow... but duration of hours wont, so best you will get is 24 manties unless you have 50k pts but dont think anyone will reach that milestone by the time manti box is being opened, cuz you cant progress to other boxes until you close current box and store the token in inventory and the moment that happens your pts milestone wont matter or increase the token size.

feel free to join beta server and see how the event works first hand

Last edited by a moderator:

curadh

Phrourach
So really the honour points are a waste of time as they give no benefit I can see .. so why bother?

DeletedUser55855

overall rankings..

bNVtDiL.jpg

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
Yeah the tokens scale as per usual with your size and the stage the game is in. However the order of rewards and their level do not. The order of prizes don't change though regardless of your points.

DeletedUser31931

Sorry, I was a bit unclear. Of course the tokens scale. My point was that if you go look at the rewards, very few of them are tokens, most are spells and other buffs, so a large player gets about the same reward as a small player for most of them.

Here's a full list, if you're interested:
unknown.png

DeletedUser34939

Wow. It looks like they did a great job tweaking this event to be pretty well balanced. Even if the average player only gets 10 boxes and it takes massive gold use to get all boxes it still won’t through off the balance like events that provide a chance for unlimited myth tokens.

Kudos inno.

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
I tried it on the beta and got to box 14 or 15 in about 6 days of reasonably active play. But I didn't have anyone to bounce troop ratios off of so I didn't find the best balances for every quest.

DeletedUser31931

Wow. It looks like they did a great job tweaking this event to be pretty well balanced. Even if the average player only gets 10 boxes and it takes massive gold use to get all boxes it still won’t through off the balance like events that provide a chance for unlimited myth tokens.

Kudos inno.
Yup, the biggest complaint on the beta server was actually that the rewards are too small. Now that is a problem I don't mind having. :D

DeletedUser55849

Some of the spells are really nice though, chained lightning seems really cool :p.

0ZZZ

Phrourach
I liked the old version. It forced you to choose to feed the box or use your troops on the enemy.
It had a store making the troops spent potentially worth it if you chose well.
I figure a bunch of whiners complained about burning troops and the devs caved.
This is how games take a down turn. People cry over hard choices and the devs install an easy button.
Then the players that like a challenge and their money take a walk to the next new game.

I give the new version a D. Never fix what aint broken.

On the bright side, at least I wont be wasting gold on the gelded rewards this time around.

Last edited:

DeletedUser54192

I liked the old version. It forced you to choose to feed the box or use your troops on the enemy.
It had a store making the troops spent potentially worth it if you chose well.
I figure a bunch of whiners complained about burning troops and the devs caved.
This is how games take a down turn. People cry over hard choices and the devs install an easy button.
Then the players that like a challenge and their money take a walk to the next new game.

I give the new version a D. Never fix what aint broken.

On the bright side, at least I wont be wasting gold on the gelded rewards this time around.
It's swings and roundabouts, really. I agree that having a shop made it easier to get rewards that you specifically wanted. However I believe that the changes have been for the better, overall:
  • No event shop means none of the flier token spam that makes sieges on CQ a nightmare, and can be a pain in revolt as well (mainly from harpy spam in order to get cheap revolts all over the place with no real demonstration of skill or actual strategy). Since you can only get each box once, heavy gold-users can't spam any particular token or tokens.
  • The strategy of whether to use troops on the event or against enemies was an interesting one, however in new worlds it stalled a lot of the proper fighting, because the rewards were too attractive to miss out on, so everyone just built troops for the event and didn't attack each other. (En103 Carystus had this situation last year, as it was only about 2 weeks old when the 2017 Pandora's Box started.)
While I don't particularly like that some of the early rewards seem a lot weaker than before (an event that requires this level of activity should probably have slightly better rewards, although I would rather this than overly powerful rewards), the overall change was for the better. One of the main complaints about most events is the resultant flier spam (or general abuse of specific tokens by heavy gold-users). A particular complaint about the Pandora event was the level of troop-sacrificing required (a significant amount of troops in some worlds, some of which were required in combinations that most people rarely build) and how it killed new worlds. In the changing of this event, it looks like the developers have made positive changes based on community feedback, which is a good thing for the game, and shows that they do actually take our opinions into account to some extent.