Pandoras box

DeletedUser33540

i mean i get the point and yes its a bad event,but how is THIS what makes you quit? you can legit just not participate and keep your troops,it really is that simple :p

Its not just THIS event that I'm upset about, its the fact that there are so many now, in the old days it took forever to build a myth nuke so they weren't used all that often, now with all these events players can rebuild an entire myth nuke in a few days, this in my opinion takes alot of the strategy that made this game appealing in the first place away. Granted myth nukes aren't all that is involved here but they make it far too easy to break sieges, etc.

As I stated above, it just seems that the developers of this game have become more interested in creating new ways to make money then provide the players with a more exciting game play experience, I understand that it takes alot of money to keep these servers up and running but it seems to me they could get more players and therefore make more money by coming up with better ways to improve the game play and not with just new events every month.

That said, I did enjoy some of the older events like the campaign trails, those were actually fun to do and didn't cost you any lost units but I haven't seen any of those in a good while, if they would just bring those back and reduce the number of events per year, then I may reconsider.

Regards
Viper77

TheLastCrusader

Phrourach
Its not just THIS event that I'm upset about, its the fact that there are so many now, in the old days it took forever to build a myth nuke so they weren't used all that often, now with all these events players can rebuild an entire myth nuke in a few days, this in my opinion takes alot of the strategy that made this game appealing in the first place away. Granted myth nukes aren't all that is involved here but they make it far too easy to break sieges, etc.

As I stated above, it just seems that the developers of this game have become more interested in creating new ways to make money then provide the players with a more exciting game play experience, I understand that it takes alot of money to keep these servers up and running but it seems to me they could get more players and therefore make more money by coming up with better ways to improve the game play and not with just new events every month.

That said, I did enjoy some of the older events like the campaign trails, those were actually fun to do and didn't cost you any lost units but I haven't seen any of those in a good while, if they would just bring those back and reduce the number of events per year, then I may reconsider.

Regards
Viper77
Ye i feel the same way,from your earlier message i just got the impression that this event alone made you quit and i'm like really xD but ya kinda takes away the joy of killing a nuke,since events are always happening you can rebuilt it in 1 day,well usually it would take maybe 1 week.Well i wish you luck in future endeavors and i'm probably going to stay here tell grepo is completely dead lol

DeletedUser33540

Ye i feel the same way,from your earlier message i just got the impression that this event alone made you quit and i'm like really xD but ya kinda takes away the joy of killing a nuke,since events are always happening you can rebuilt it in 1 day,well usually it would take maybe 1 week.Well i wish you luck in future endeavors and i'm probably going to stay here tell grepo is completely dead lol
I didn't mean I was quitting right now, just that this may be my last world, I intend on staying until the current world I'm in is over or at least till after WW era has started and I see how things go with that.

This event would not have been so bad if you didn't lose ALL your units every time. especially when the mission fails but the way it is now is just not worth the cost.

DeletedUser42857

Example of how ludicrously stupid this event is (and how badly they have messed up the formula/timings/percentages)

I have been doing missions non stop for 5 hours...

enough missions that im inside the top 20 on the daily rankings...

every mission ive gone in on the max possible %

And yet...

rTlifub.png

at this rate its going to take about 11 hours per box of non-stop play

(and im only on box 12)

Rachel.L

Phrourach
the higher you go, even if you follow the hint and max your chances, you fail more than you succeed
this leads to longer time per box and more losses
smaller players can't possibly succeed and it is killing the game itself, taking so much time/ resources

DeletedUser55102

I decided to continue as the box rewards do get good but, the troop losses are staggering. even the rituals haven't helped that much. what gets me is losing 5 attempts in a row the increasing time for each mission its horrible its almost like they want to annoy and frustrate you. This is a game you're supposed to enjoy it but, its just being killed

Rachel.L

Phrourach
one hopes there's a hump (box 15???) where only the strong-minded make it past, and it all gets easier
can only imagine that on the speed 1 worlds this has to be the most excruciating event ever
I hope inno takes the fb to heart

DeletedUser50245

why don't we petition Inno to at least suspend the event until it can be "corrected"? i lost my dlu nuke for a measly amount of spirit powder and a couple of useless rewards lol

DeletedUser50245

the event was designed to maximize gold spending ... buy resources for building troops, then gold them, then sacrifice them, reduce the time of the quest. the process is repetitive ... and they expect small players and big spenders alike to buy their way through the event
smiley_emoticons_irre.gif

DeletedUser55102

one hopes there's a hump (box 15???) where only the strong-minded make it past, and it all gets easier
can only imagine that on the speed 1 worlds this has to be the most excruciating event ever
I hope inno takes the fb to heart
I'm in amisos (speed 1) you can't build troops quick enough lol although i just had athena maxed and used the patroness ritual on a city i was lucky enough to have 3500 free pop as just taken it plus used favour daily gift and got over 1600 units! that's helped :)

Rachel.L

Phrourach
that ritual was a nice surprise
course I used everything for another few rounds of the event so all gone now
but still, nice
yeah, those in ami, mes, imb, etc. really have it tough
ofc, speed 2 is no quick jog but must be less painful than for you, jonas

DeletedUser54537

I wasted 50 horses, 100 hops, 40 archers, 30 slingers for nothing

5x in a row the mission luck was on 70%, everytime it failed

at least make it so we cannot fail like grepolympia

DeletedUser46395

I wasted 50 horses, 100 hops, 40 archers, 30 slingers for nothing

5x in a row the mission luck was on 70%, everytime it failed

at least make it so we cannot fail like grepolympia

Had more success on 47% than on 70%.

DeletedUser8790

Wow to quote Rick Sanchez, this entire event is just a "Joyless cash grab" for innogames. What a disappointment!

DeletedUser42857

this is sooo stupid...

7 hours solid today, enough to be #2 in the rankings....

guess how many spirits ive found?
smiley_emoticons_blush-pfeif.gif

A0vlkns.png

Sorry Inno, but when someone can play 7 hours straight. phone alarm set for every quest, and still only find 4 of the stupid purple things.. its time to admit that you got the calculations very very wrong :D

DeletedUser42857

hmm, box 16 my percentages are back up over 70% again...

but they are taking 30m each to run :D

@dimspace I think they were hoping you'd go for the full 24 hours lol
+1 for the screenshot!

its dumb, you can do it solidly for hours, be 2nd on the daily rankings and yet only have 4-5 of the purple critters done..
smiley_emoticons_kaffee2.gif

how they expect the people who log in three/four times a day to do it

and im on speed 6.. i dread to think what its like on speed 1

on german forums inno rep said that there was a difference in speeds but not much.. i can tell them for nowt.. rebuilding troops on speed 1 and speed 6 is not the same
smiley_emoticons_daumendreh2.gif

Rachel.L

Phrourach
on german forums inno rep said that there was a difference in speeds but not much.. i can tell them for nowt.. rebuilding troops on speed 1 and speed 6 is not the same
smiley_emoticons_daumendreh2.gif

i'd ask the rep if he/ she has ever played lol
I needed this laugh
thanks, dm

DeletedUser55219

I don't even see how this idiotic event encourages gold use because there is no effective way to use gold to complete it unless you are a genuine "money no object" person. the average "gold as a subscription" user isn't getting any benefit here.

On box 9, this is requiring 160 population per spirit. On a Speed 1 world this is 12 hours using Population growth. Per Spirit. It is significantly more manageable on a Speed 3 world. But even then, it requires so much population burn that you can't, you know, play the actual game.

DeletedUser32254

You folks gave it more of a chance than I did. I opened it, had a look, closed it and walked away.