Pandoras box

DeletedUser50245

too many complaints :D just buy resources and gold units and send them to their death ... its that simple ;)

DeletedUser38652

200+ units for 11, im guessing box 40 will have 3000 units...

DeletedUser36697

OH LOOK HERE, just get to level/box 40 and mega BPs for a month, guess I will spend DEC. saying hello to all my neighbors ;{).
Then I started this particular "cash grab(pandora's box)" and....................... I found each and every observation, made by the others, to be correct, cuz yup i got them as well,,, 6 spirits escaped in a row.. well wtf eh. In a nut shell I will go to level 20 and stop, at 17 now, the nice thing i now have 14 days to get there..
small players are hooped in this travesty and Big guys are able to sail on through, It would have cost me a fortune to keep up with the losses of troops.. these games are becoming totally geared to those who spend gold like they are King Midas.
Is there any feed back or comment from all those small tight circles, the inner and outer ring that are above us mere players of the game?

DeletedUser42857

One thing I will say, gold doesnt win you this event, activity does.

I was first on En100 yesterday. that came from solidly doing missions for 19 hours.

yes, i did two gold box reopens - 200 gold total, not what you call heavy gold use.

but apart from 5 hours sleep I was doing missions non stop.

(did burn throughtlike 50k troops though
smiley_emoticons_blush-pfeif.gif
)

Im not a big gold user, normally in events i come in about 20th or so on the server, ive never come in 1st on an event before because im not a heavy golder. The fact I did (and 2nd two days earlier) says this event isnt about gold.

so they got that part right (the rest is a fiasco though)

DeletedUser46583

its just not a good deal with what you put in and what you take out I for one will stop at box ten as that seems to be a good deal, i see thay have changed now to gold for rewards as much as I am a coin whore i think no, box ten and out

DeletedUser54192

And just to make life worse, they simultaneously offer two quests that require the same units for maximum chance of success.

Screenshot_1227.png

Rachel.L

Phrourach
if only there were a key to what worked
but what works once (max your probability and succeed) screws you the next (max your probability and fail)

DeletedUser55102

sorry but, it is about gold as i stopped at box 11 a few days ago cos i ran out of troops. I may be able to do one more box a few days later but, then no troops again and can't keep using gold. So it does favour heavy gold users

DeletedUser42857

sorry but, it is about gold as i stopped at box 11 a few days ago cos i ran out of troops. I may be able to do one more box a few days later but, then no troops again and can't keep using gold. So it does favour heavy gold users

thats more speed and size related

speed 6 with 100 cities its not an issue with troops at all

speed 1 with 10 cities its impossible

im on box 21 and not had to gold any troops (speed 6, 100 cities)

Silver Witch

Strategos
thats more speed and size related

speed 6 with 100 cities its not an issue with troops at all

speed 1 with 10 cities its impossible

im on box 21 and not had to gold any troops (speed 6, 100 cities)

I agree. Im in Carystus and we are all new. Ive got 9 cities, I got to box 10 but its impossible to build the required troops. I guess u could buy res and gold them but the quantities of res needed when u are that small make it impractical. For the vast majority you just cannot complete this unless you stop playing the actual game. If u do that you will probably get rimmed anyway lol.

DeletedUser55100

Yes this is what I agree with you end up focusing on playing the event more than the game. Your troops are used more for the event than in battle.

I woke up on the second morning of the event and thought i'd been cleared out overnight but couldn't find any attack reports, i then realised that i'd just played the event no attacks LOL

You end up using troops to play the event then using spell powder rewards for troop tokens to make more troops to play the event.
Its a bit like that movie Groundhog day.

I prefer the event where you have the map and have to commit troops to fight at each battlefield, the only thing i like about this event
is the box rewards idea but just costs too much to get more than halfway in my case.

DeletedUser48256

I wonder if anybody will make it to box 40 in any world
smiley_emoticons_confusednew.gif

DeletedUser42857

I wonder if anybody will make it to box 40 in any world
smiley_emoticons_confusednew.gif

nah, im on box 22 so with 11 days remaining i need to do 2 boxes a day

its on 600+ troops per mission, and mission percentages are in the 40-60% sucess range. And its taking up to an hour now per mission. so you are looking at 5-7 hours per box WITHOUT any failures.

i struggled to do one box yesterday despite being online for 16 hours such was the number of failures

ive already decided its not going to be possible so ive quit taking it seriously

DeletedUser55100

Maybe its all a cunning plan, everybody totally fed up with this event so they go mad on the Christmas Wheel/Calendar which will seem like a relief in comparison LOL.

Out of interest whats the furthest anybodies managed to get in boxes?

DeletedUser43733

Currently finishing box 24, haven't used that much gold yet, 2 early box openings in the start and now usually 1 cut time during the day, i think i'll be able to get to the end with the buff that reduces recruitment time. currently have 7 cities producing troops for event. those patroness rituals are extremly good aswell as recruitment time + pass pop and then full queue in each of those 7 cities works really well too. Playing on rhodes, speed 3

DeletedUser36697

Hyperborea speed 1 I got to level 18 but wont make it past 20, if i can get there .. I will spend more time building than I will have left in the event....and wont spend fold thats for sure...
sad day when the daily prizes have more troops than the contests this like every other event is geared to bigger players(GOLD SPENDERS) and faster worlds..

-seems odd that thye cant/wont write in a "speed balancing line" that makes it fair for all......speed 6 world versus speed 1 world, same player skills and abilities, who gets farther ahead without spending gold?

DeletedUser43023

Currently finishing box 24, haven't used that much gold yet, 2 early box openings in the start and now usually 1 cut time during the day, i think i'll be able to get to the end with the buff that reduces recruitment time. currently have 7 cities producing troops for event. those patroness rituals are extremly good aswell as recruitment time + pass pop and then full queue in each of those 7 cities works really well too. Playing on rhodes, speed 3
seems like a bad idea to post here,as i would think you would be a target since you are all out of troops...i stopped playing as soon as i had 6 or 7 failures in a row, even though i had maxed the % to capture... (didn't take that many boxes to accomplish that feat....lol)