Pass the Salt?

DeletedUser54339

...and just after some time when merge happened they updated their profile with that text, that they like Ragnarok and are friends with True Fear.

It's been there a lot longer than just after the merge.

DeletedUser54339

Difference with NSD merge and others is NSD-EPI merge was between 2 half full alliances to make a full one. The Tf-Lb merged 3 full alliances and the hh one 4 full one meaning that NSD have to account for 4 interlude members and 3 Tf-Lb and they are.
My other point is that merging is different that cuddling and NSD merging with epidemic was the opposite of cuddling- unless cuddling for you is merging to effectively be to public enemy no1 of every alliance out there pretty much starting a war with the whole world.

I wasn't looking particularly hard at the bits and pieces that went into Interlude/IO but it is a massive stretch of the imagination to state that TF, TLB and Rags were 'full alliances' at the point of merge while EPI and NSD were half-full.

DeletedUser28198

Difference with NSD merge and others is NSD-EPI merge was between 2 half full alliances to make a full one. The Tf-Lb merged 3 full alliances and the hh one 4 full one meaning that NSD have to account for 4 interlude members and 3 Tf-Lb and they are.
My other point is that merging is different that cuddling and NSD merging with epidemic was the opposite of cuddling- unless cuddling for you is merging to effectively be to public enemy no1 of every alliance out there pretty much starting a war with the whole world.

In the words of my president: "WRONG"

EPI and NSD were mostly full (both fuller than DBD was at the time), plus there was EPI's academy. They had close to 2 full alliances worth of people at the end of the day.

The Interlude merge was not 4 alliances. More like 6 or 7 (depending on how small an academy alliance has to be to count). So there's the merge captains.

In DBD we know a thing or two about merges. Comes from the 2nd place merging into the 8th place alliance. And rightly so ;)

DeletedUser54055

When ww started NSD was 75 players - no help from epi. before the merge nsd was at 45 players. It's not a stretch of the imagination lol

DeletedUser52759

In DBD we know a thing or two about merges. Comes from the 2nd place merging into the 8th place alliance. And rightly so ;)

You guys do get the bragging rights for that coup. I still don't understand how that worked.

DeletedUser54339

When ww started NSD was 75 players - no help from epi. before the merge nsd was at 45 players. It's not a stretch of the imagination lol

Suggesting that TF-TLB merged from three full alliances (225 players) is.

DeletedUser52759

Suggesting that TF-TLB merged from three full alliances (225 players) is.

That may actually be fair. You guys mostly absorbed smaller alliances, while the TF/LB portion was always a straight up pact (ie, not a snuggle), but each rim piece you added on was done in a relatively normal way. Rags was always an academy meant to be absorbed as people came and went. Stannis and the first tigers were the only ones that even tried to fight. So, the bad portion of your rep is more about the lack of opposition which isn't y'alls fault.

DeletedUser54339

That may actually be fair. You guys mostly absorbed smaller alliances, while the TF/LB portion was always a straight up pact (ie, not a snuggle), but each rim piece you added on was done in a relatively normal way. Rags was always an academy meant to be absorbed as people came and went. Stannis and the first tigers were the only ones that even tried to fight. So, the bad portion of your rep is more about the lack of opposition which isn't y'alls fault.

I'm referring to players available at the point of merging, as was SSSing presumably. However many players TF-TLB may or may not have had to call upon at some undefined point in the past is a nice diversion, but it wasn't what I was talking about.

DeletedUser38939

You guys do get the bragging rights for that coup. I still don't understand how that worked.
OSGL was dying out and we had common enemies. It was a case of 'you join us or we continue to fight you', so they chose the best option. Seems to have worked out fine, if I may say so myself.

DeletedUser28198

OSGL was dying out and we had common enemies. It was a case of 'you join us or we continue to fight you', so they chose the best option. Seems to have worked out fine, if I may say so myself.

But we're the polar opposite. Low points rank, high fighter rank. ;)

Not to say I didn't fall in love with a bunch of them once they became DBD members. And now some had to leave and I miss them :(

Bradrob </3

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser23146

I miss Melay the most </3
Broke my heart and left with the kids! Those were my kids! I was gonna use them for battle! I guess she was nice enough to leave a little bit of silver...

Last edited by a moderator:

Ahr-Ex

Phrourach

Thank you. Stannis and Shadow Elite actually put up a heck of a fight. They took every advantage of TT and Stan did some really great recruiting and training. We were very happy to invite the ones we got to know across the battlefield, and I really regret that we didn't get Stan to join us as well.

Since we are near the end now, I'll tell you that the Tigers did NOT do much in the way of fighting. They tried to pact with us first, then tried to form or join coalitions against us. When all of that failed, their leaders ghosted and a couple of remaining players with rights surrendered to us. We did get a few good people out of that deal, so I don't want to hurt their feelings, but I have never seen a less trainable bunch of yahoos. I can show you six pages of argument about being required to post in BBcode in the forum. Whew. Thank you for letting me say that. I feel better now.
smiley_emoticons_wallbash.gif

jameslongst

Strategos
Enough about this cuddling talk. I hate that word.

Uncle James says everyone ran a good race. Congrats to the winner.

You can make a pact with another alliance. You can even merge. Its not dishonorable, its not cheating. Sure some teams take it too far, but thats how it is and always will be. Personally speaking, I had one ally who was my friend, and i took grief about it for months.

I dont know about you guys, but next world we are going to will be faster. Also, im sure my team will be relieved to know im swearing off wonders for awhile.

Its gonna be on like a potted neck bone. Hope to see you all.

With respect,
James L.

Ahr-Ex

Phrourach

You can make a pact with another alliance. You can even merge. Its not dishonorable, its not cheating. Sure some teams take it too far, but thats how it is and always will be. Personally speaking, I had one ally who was my friend, and i took grief about it for months.

I dont know about you guys, but next world we are going to will be faster. Also, im sure my team will be relieved to know im swearing off wonders for awhile.

With respect,
James L.

You better say "is my friend" not "was," Mister.
smiley_emoticons_bussi.gif

TromboneTom

Strategos

With respect,
James L.
I'll be looking for you there buddy!