"Pathetic alliance"..or so called "Coalition Alliance"...

DeletedUser

hehe 2 big alliance would be cool, exept coordinating would be difficult o_O

DeletedUser8790

Haha, Stevebailey left HAF for TP and is now attacking our wonder island. I love it. I guess you righteous members of the axis powers will be kicking him from TP right away. If you do not all your Hellion whining is for nothing. LOL

DeletedUser12167

dont see what the fuzz is about...the deal we made not to attack other WW islands didnt include you guys. You have on several occations made that clear if im not mistaken

DeletedUser8790

I am just referring to the TC rant about how spying is the worst thing in the game, and betraying your alliance, etc etc. I see they have no comment. At the end of the day. they should be all over you london as well. I continue to have no issue with it. I just wanted to point out the double standard.

DeletedUser14492

I am just referring to the TC rant about how spying is the worst thing in the game, and betraying your alliance, etc etc. I see they have no comment. At the end of the day. they should be all over you london as well. I continue to have no issue with it. I just wanted to point out the double standard.

Personally I frown upon spying, I don’t think it is in the spirit of fair play, but I know some alliances use spies and I accept this. I am unaware of a TC “rant” about spies though.

I have no issue with someone deciding they wish to leave HAF to join TP, sounds fine :)

But your suggestion that this situation is in any way similar to the Hellafool situation is preposterous. Someone leaving an alliance to join your enemy is very different from what Hellafool did… his actions have been discussed at length so there is no point rehashing here.

I think you are just upset that so many people have such a low opinion of Hellafool and that this reflect poorly on HAF for harbouring someone like him. There is no need to "rant" here about TC "double standards" which don’t exist.

The two situations are different.

Ev

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser8790

Personally I frown upon spying, I don’t think it is in the spirit of fair play, but I know some alliances use spies and I accept this. I am unaware of a TC “rant” about spies though.

I have no issue with someone deciding they wish to leave HAF to join TP, sounds fine :)

But your suggestion that this situation is in any way similar to the Hellafool situation is preposterous. Someone leaving an alliance to join your enemy is very different from what Hellafool did… his actions have been discussed at length so there is no point rehashing here.

I think you are just upset that so many people have such a low opinion of Hellafool and that this reflect poorly on HAF for harbouring someone like him. There is no need to "rant" here about TC "double standards" which don’t exist.

The two situations are different.

Ev

This was pretty much the exact response I expected. Thanks for clearing that up. You are OK with it as long as it does not happen to you. So Shallow it is amazing. Here we have hellion who was in your alliance a few weeks after being an enemy. betraying you as an enemy and dissolving your alliance. That is bad. Or we have a player who has been in HAF for over a year. Gets bored and betrays his alliance. That is OK in your eyes. Wow really. Just admit when you are wrong. It is not a bad thing, I am wrong all the time. I was wrong about the world wonder thing. I was wrong about many things. But to me betraying your alliance after a long period of time because you are bored is the worse thing you can do. Unless he was spying for TP the whole time then it is pretty much an equal deed. which is OK.

DeletedUser14492

calli, I seriously think you have this wrong or confused, you seem bitter about your long time player leaving. Naturally you feel dissapointed that a player from HAF has left and joined your enemy. I would feel the same so I understand.

But that is in no way what happened with Hellafool. If the situations were the same Hellafool would have simply left our alliance wouldnt he? But as we all know that is not all he did.

I have no idea what the full circumstances of this fellow leaving HAF are, so please understand that I am only defending my own alliance and not passing any judgement either way on the situation.

You say TC have double standards, but from the outside looking in you are trying to compare the relatively tame actions of a member leaving your alliance - with the abhorrant actions of Hellafool. They are worlds apart. Players come and go from alliances all the time, sometimes they leave on good terms, sometimes not. But players DO NOT do what Hellafool did all the time... that takes a certain breed of player.

Trust me. If this former HAF player had done to HAF what Hellafool did to TC, I would condemn it.

So your wrong on this one calli.

Ev

DeletedUser8790

calli, I seriously think you have this wrong or confused, you seem bitter about your long time player leaving. Naturally you feel dissapointed that a player from HAF has left and joined your enemy. I would feel the same so I understand.

But that is in no way what happened with Hellafool. If the situations were the same Hellafool would have simply left our alliance wouldnt he? But as we all know that is not all he did.

Yes "tame" actions of leaving our alliance and immediately attacking our wonder island. You are sinking my friend. Luckily we never gave this player leader rights. Thanks to barua. Apparently it is about where you want to draw the line in the sand. ]
I have no idea what the full circumstances of this fellow leaving HAF are, so please understand that I am only defending my own alliance and not passing any judgement either way on the situation.

You say TC have double standards, but from the outside looking in you are trying to compare the relatively tame actions of a member leaving your alliance - with the abhorrant actions of Hellafool. They are worlds apart. Players come and go from alliances all the time, sometimes they leave on good terms, sometimes not. But players DO NOT do what Hellafool did all the time... that takes a certain breed of player.

Trust me. If this former HAF player had done to HAF what Hellafool did to TC, I would condemn it.

So your wrong on this one calli.

Ev

Yes the "tame" actions of leaving our alliance and immediately attacking our wonder island. You are sinking my friend. Luckily we never gave this player leader rights. Thanks to barua. Apparently it is about where you want to draw the line in the sand.
I would have no issue with him leaving players are free to do what they want but his immediate attacks on his ex-mates are the same as hellion so there in lies my point, Please keep defending the player. Again, I have no problem with either case just pointing out that you cannot admit when you are wrong.

DeletedUser

Here's my 2 cents. I'd rather not give a nickel.

I would frown upon someone who just left the alliance immediately attacking his alliance mates, as I value the virtue of an alliance being made of friends who would not turn on another's back in a heartbeat, as this ex-HAF player did. But to compare his actions to Hellion's is preposterous, probably even more so in the eyes of Cohort, for different reasons than I will state. They are two entirely different actions, with different causes and different effects, the only similarities being that the player left, and tried to do some damage to the alliance they left, failing in the end. One player left HAF after been in there a long time, and betrayed his friends by immediately attacking (I honestly don't care that it was the wonder island, that makes no difference to me). Another player joined Cohort after being offered a merge which he could have denied, accepting leader powers, and sabotaging the alliance. I almost wish someone would do that to my alliance on Beta, I could use the excuse to really overhaul the forums. But I digress... Point is, they are 2 different actions, only loosely related, and thusly cannot be compared in terms of someone's values.

Oh, and Ev hasn't tried to defend the player, he's tried to defend Cohort, since after all, you're talking about Cohort having double standards here.

If you want to talk about Cohort having double standards, you should talk about the cause of the "war" between Cohort and Hellion's old alliance (Phantoms something or other).

DeletedUser14492

Apparently it is about where you want to draw the line in the sand.

Again, I have no problem with either case just pointing out that you cannot admit when you are wrong.

I would tend to agree with you, it is about where you draw the line. You draw it in one place, but that doesnt make me wrong.

You believe that leaving an alliance and attacking it is the same as deleting all its forums, kicking every member, then leaving it and attacking it...

I dont condone either set of actions, but they are a world apart. You, however, seem to believe both actions are OK. And here we see that we do draw the line in very different places.

So perhaps you are not "wrong", in which case neither am I "wrong"... but I am entitled to my opinion just as you are, and I DO think you are wrong...

I prefer where I draw the line...

Ev

DeletedUser14492

If you want to talk about Cohort having double standards, you should talk about the cause of the "war" between Cohort and Hellion's old alliance (Phantoms something or other).

Z, first of thanks for your support.

Second, please dont drag up that Phantoms "war" again, I was bored enough talking about it before in other threads. Some small players attacked each other, each got their alliances involved, our alliance was winning, peace was negotiated, a merge offered, the rest is history.

I imagine a similar story plays out a hundred times accross Grepolis every week. Its a war game. I really dont see where TC employed double standards? Happy to stand corrected and apologise if so... heck, it would make us no worse than any other alliance, we all have faults.

Ev

DeletedUser

Having looked for the posts where the double standard was expressed, I can no longer decide whether there was a double standard seeing as I apparently missed some information, and lack the info to prove whether it was a double standard. So ignore me on that, if you will. And I was referring to the cause of the war, not the war itself, as it was a couple of Cohort members who attacked a Phantoms member, and either Phantoms retaliated only on that group, or they foolishly attacked others who were neutral (aka indifferent) in the "conflict". If the Phantoms retaliated against the attackers, then Cohort has double standards, if Phantoms retaliated against others, they don't. But anyways, I digress.

DeletedUser8790

I would tend to agree with you, it is about where you draw the line. You draw it in one place, but that doesnt make me wrong.

You believe that leaving an alliance and attacking it is the same as deleting all its forums, kicking every member, then leaving it and attacking it...

I dont condone either set of actions, but they are a world apart. You, however, seem to believe both actions are OK. And here we see that we do draw the line in very different places.

So perhaps you are not "wrong", in which case neither am I "wrong"... but I am entitled to my opinion just as you are, and I DO think you are wrong...

I prefer where I draw the line...

Ev

Fine we can agree to disagree, but world's apart? Come one, one notch at best. You cannot get a "world" apart unless he did something against the rules, Like hacked an account, multi played, etc... Then yes that we can all agree on is bad. And yes Z Grade attacks on a wonder island are hugely different, maybe not worlds apart but a few notches above a normal city. I did not send half a billion resources to my non wonder island cities thank you very much.

DeletedUser

(I honestly don't care that it was the wonder island, that makes no difference)

And yes Z Grade attacks on a wonder island are hugely different, maybe not worlds apart but a few notches above a normal city. I did not send half a billion resources to my non wonder island cities thank you very much.

I honestly cannot tell. Is this sarcasm, did you misread my post somehow, or are my posts just that unreadable?

DeletedUser

Fine we can agree to disagree, but world's apart? Come one, one notch at best. You cannot get a "world" apart unless he did something against the rules, Like hacked an account, multi played, etc... Then yes that we can all agree on is bad. And yes Z Grade attacks on a wonder island are hugely different, maybe not worlds apart but a few notches above a normal city. I did not send half a billion resources to my non wonder island cities thank you very much.

Don't know what all the fuss is a bout the player leaving and immediately attacking his mates wether or not they are on a wonder island, in fact, in the past, if a player requested an invite into our alliance from an enemy alliance, we immediately get them heavily involved in an op against his former mates, we monitor his reports, and we participate along side him to try to conquer his former mates cities, reason being, one to show some goodwill to his new alliance mates, and also to show his loyalty to some extent although the long term actions determine loyalty ultimately. what i find interesting calli is that you are objecting so vehemently to this action, when we know of your entire operation with jfl, zato, and the whole jfl wonder island thing, I commend you for trying to appeal for sympathy for your plight, however forgive us if we don't agree, our memories aren't that short.

DeletedUser9465

Nah, he is not objecting at all. He just loves to show that TC has double standards. Or rather to annoy Eventine.

DeletedUser14492

Having looked for the posts where the double standard was expressed, I can no longer decide whether there was a double standard seeing as I apparently missed some information, and lack the info to prove whether it was a double standard. So ignore me on that, if you will. And I was referring to the cause of the war, not the war itself, as it was a couple of Cohort members who attacked a Phantoms member, and either Phantoms retaliated only on that group, or they foolishly attacked others who were neutral (aka indifferent) in the "conflict". If the Phantoms retaliated against the attackers, then Cohort has double standards, if Phantoms retaliated against others, they don't. But anyways, I digress.

I suppose just to clarify, I can say with some certainty, it was Phantoms (Hellafool involved) that widened the conflict by attacking our small member on masse, AND attacking other TC that were not involved at all. Up until that point, it was just a small skirmish among small players.

No sorry calli, they are a world apart. Leaving an alliance and attacking it is something that happens regularly accross Grepolis. I, like Z, dont care if its the wonder island or not, sure it may take it a notch above attacking a non wonder island city and it irks you more... But its war, attack, defend, nothing special.

The difference, and the "world apart" is this: Hellafools actions directly affected about 100 people accross the real world who play Grepolis for FUN, both in his old alliance and TC. His actions, may have been fun to him, but not to the 100 odd folk he affected, to them (and most others), his actions are underhand and about as low as it is possible to stoop... in no way comparable to simply leaving an alliance and attacking it.

Were not going to agree so there is no point debating it any further, because you draw the line in a very different place from me (and I must say most others).

What I find dissapointing is folk on these forums who make stuff up as they go, like saying TC has double standards when there is no proof to suggest this, its just pnp I know but at least base your comments in reality.

Ive said it before, just because someone says something enough, doesnt make it true...

Ev