Pay to Play servers

DeletedUser57570

Ok so someone like me like to spend some gold but get dominated by player that literally will gold cities worth of troops and ships at a time just to take a city.

Level the playing field... Make a server you gotta pay monthly like $20.00. advisors included, but no events and no gold. instead make bi weekly packs. 1 amount 10-20 dollars.

This will level the playing field and may get some long lost players back. Many of the ones I know that play now would jump on the opportunity. The sae people in the same old alliances winning everytime because of an endless supply of gold is really getting old fast.

I think new players would enjoy the opportunity to come into a new game and have the same advantages as everyone else...

Crown buffs would obviously be allowed.

possibly use the bandits camp on every island but make it 50 instead of 100 attacks and change up rewards a little to make up for events.... and like other tokens based on pop and cities....

in the quests put myth tokens in, possibly make a few new quests.

a new hero for cheaper and faster myths....

just a few ideas, but im sure many would like to see it and welcome it. could even use on cross country play like us - vs - en. stuff like that.

1 - announce server opening, end game, conquest/revolt and alliance cap
2- player sign up/pay until low end cap is met and a date is set for world to open. Sign ups continue throughout world
3- Players vote on settings like speed / begginners protection / morale / night bonus etc.
4- opening day / or when you sign up after server opens you select a direction or random. no invites to close island.
5- Players start with 3 cities when world opens
6- If all of your cities are taken you have to re-buy to restart.

So in this case if its $20 to buy in and $20 a month its a total of 40 to start, plus a 1 time starter pack of 20 if you wish to buy.....

everyone wins with what they want, inno still makes bank. all is great..

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser57570

I know i know

Heavy golders say welcome to the big boys club - my answer to that straight up you suck - thats why you gotta spend so much gold

Free to play people say i can't spend money.... ok maybe you would if it was a level playing filed.

All in all if you suck you suck, if your good your good... lets see who the best of the best really is hands down.

DeletedUser54192

Pay-to-play (either fixed cost or subscription) worlds have been suggested a number of times. Each time, InnoGames has either ignored or rejected the proposal.

A few side-notes:
  • If you can buy packages within the subscription worlds, then surely that would work against the objective of having a level playing field?
  • A lot of the most successful games at the moment are those with free entry, with the money spent on upgrades (either mechanical or cosmetic). This gives new players the chance to see what a game is like without having to invest money. Moving to a paid-entry model would likely decrease the quantity of new players, as they would be paying buy-in and a subscription to join a very time-consuming game that many would say peaked a while ago.
  • Having to pay again to restart would further hurt new or simply unfortunate players. Maybe it would work with a veterans-only world, where you would expect most players to survive after a 3-city start (although I'm still not a fan of the idea). But it certainly wouldn't work with new players as the odds of being completely conquered are still relatively high even with a 3-city start.
  • Players are unlikely to want to sign up before settings for a world are chosen, especially if all settings are the result of a vote, for fear that they pay for a world that they then wouldn't want to play. (Voting for world settings would also likely lead to the same few types of world over and over again, which is something Inno are seemingly trying to avoid at the moment.)

DeletedUser57570

i agree to an extent, but see on a business aspect at the loss of income for inno to have a subscription / fixed cost world.

The monthly subscription makes up for the $ most spend for advisors and a little extra gold, and the bi-weekly recruitment or construction or buff tokens packs would make up for the gold that most buy to improve cities or rebuild faster. but having to option to buys a pack the same cost as the rest of the server gives the players a level advantage...

t is obvious heavy golder will likely not play and neither will most of the free to play world... but the rest of us in between would be more than excited to play a server like this. Though it has to benifit all parties.

Possibly raise the construction (free) button to 10 min instead of 5
same for research
make troop construction have a free button at 5 min
Deactivate any previous crown bonuses
if people want buffs throw in Small temples no matter the end game.
stuff like that

DeletedUser54192

It seems to me as though your justifications are more in support of Inno's revenue than they are for the "level playing field" that you stated as the aim in your initial proposal. Maybe I'm missing something, but I fail to see how having the option to buy packages is a level advantage. Right now, every player has the option to buy gold, but you see that as not level. It's simply a change in what advantage players can gain from spending lots of money, rather than removing the advantage of heavy spenders. Blocking gold and allowing the purchase of in-game buffs probably hurts the free-to-play (who can at least trade for gold) more than the heavy spenders.

As for the other suggestions:
  • I don't really see an issue with the free completion for building/research being changed to 10 minutes (although it does make the opening of the world a lot quicker, depending on world speed).
  • Making troop construction have a free 5 minute completion feels like it hasn't entirely been thought through? With micromanagement, you could just repeatedly instant-complete lots of tiny batches of OLU as soon as you started them. Not quite the power of instantly golding a nuke to completion, but it does reintroduce the issue at a slightly weakened impact.
  • I can understand deactivating crown bonuses as part of a "level playing field", but if you're going to let players buy advantages anyways, there's no real reason to deactivate crown bonuses (except to appease those that either haven't got them, or keep making new accounts). They are helpful, but certainly not broken or severely game-unbalancing.
  • Introducing small temples would surely give the opportunity for imbalance between teams, as some of the best temples are rather rare, and the easiest way to clear them would be to continually purchase the packages that you'd like included in the game? So the players with the most spending power would get an additional advantage.

I still think the idea of a subscription and gold-free world is interesting, but it doesn't really work for the intended purpose of a level playing field if you decide to introduce purchasable packages on an even higher frequency than regular worlds.

DeletedUser57570

I see what your saying. and i understand yes. I'm all about leveling the playing field.... when i say packages i mean look at the offers now for example. when you first start a world. the beginners package for 9.99 US ... that's the kind of package I am talking about.

And yes as a business aspect i am pushing IDEAS, because if it was my business i would say whats in it for me... if i make 1 world like this instead of a regular one, then what are my losses as revenue going to be... Inno is in it for the games, but as a buisnessas well. I am sure they have employees and bills to pay as well. All i am doing is making suggestions. i am sure if inno came out with such a thing that there would be many differences.

The packages aren't just a pitch for inno to make revenue, but also a pitch to the people that do spend heavy gold to gain some interest. As a person that does spend gold, I would like to be able to get a couple recruitment tokens or favor tokens from time to time, no I personally wouldn't buy every time, but when i needed them....

As far as small temples, also to give some advantages. If your worried about 1 team getting all the big buffs make temples level across the board. 5% atk to all units, 5% def to all units, 5% resource production, 5% faster recruiting all units(on myth), and 5% fast recruitment to all units (non myth) the make it a 5 temple cap per alliance and only 1 of each type of temple per alliance. Then only make 5 small temples per ocean, 1 of each type. There are several ways to make it all a more level playing field with maintaining the current gaming experience.

i mean if you got a good team, your going to do good, may as well be some rewards, and yes the temple buffs would give some advantages. In the same sense, I have personally witnessed a small alliance wreck alliances 3 and 4 times their size because of teamwork and timing, It doesn't matter what advantages you have. this is a teamwork and strategy game.

Try it out on a us server... just 1 time... and see. there are many I know of there that would play. Lots of people from other servers as well(en, uk, ge)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser57494

Ok so someone like me like to spend some gold but get dominated by player that literally will gold cities worth of troops and ships at a time just to take a city.

Level the playing field... Make a server you gotta pay monthly like $20.00. advisors included, but no events and no gold. instead make bi weekly packs. 1 amount 10-20 dollars.

This will level the playing field and may get some long lost players back. Many of the ones I know that play now would jump on the opportunity. The sae people in the same old alliances winning everytime because of an endless supply of gold is really getting old fast.

I think new players would enjoy the opportunity to come into a new game and have the same advantages as everyone else...

Crown buffs would obviously be allowed.

possibly use the bandits camp on every island but make it 50 instead of 100 attacks and change up rewards a little to make up for events.... and like other tokens based on pop and cities....

in the quests put myth tokens in, possibly make a few new quests.

a new hero for cheaper and faster myths....

just a few ideas, but im sure many would like to see it and welcome it. could even use on cross country play like us - vs - en. stuff like that.

1 - announce server opening, end game, conquest/revolt and alliance cap
2- player sign up/pay until low end cap is met and a date is set for world to open. Sign ups continue throughout world
3- Players vote on settings like speed / begginners protection / morale / night bonus etc.
4- opening day / or when you sign up after server opens you select a direction or random. no invites to close island.
5- Players start with 3 cities when world opens
6- If all of your cities are taken you have to re-buy to restart.

So in this case if its $20 to buy in and $20 a month its a total of 40 to start, plus a 1 time starter pack of 20 if you wish to buy.....

everyone wins with what they want, inno still makes bank. all is great..
These are excellent suggestions. Thank you for suggesting them.