peacetime

DeletedUser31385

They should have done that a while back, maybe 6 days ago (since it is one day before Christmas!)

DeletedUser

I don't think it works anyway. I left a city unguarded in revolt as I was assured that it wouldn't be taken by posting. Found that 11.75hrs before peacetime you can actually take a city. I don't mind what the rules are so long as I don't get shafted!! What are the actual rules??

DeletedUser27128

I'd rather see an option pop up for X ammount of free Vacation Mode days over the period, so people can choose.

This^^^. Great idea, people who want to still play and fight can do so, others get free VM days in this period so they can enjoy and celebrate.

Varun

Strategos
I love the peacetime. Oh and btw, everyone can build and not just the defenders. Plus, peacetime has been existing since Alpha and it actually is a great time to rebuild.

DeletedUser33530

I love the peacetime. Oh and btw, everyone can build and not just the defenders. Plus, peacetime has been existing since Alpha and it actually is a great time to rebuild.

Ah logic. How I love you but you take so long to get there when I need you.

DeletedUser44785

Yeah you can also build up your offense did not think about that :)

DeletedUser41523

What about something like instant VM between day X and day Y? Then you can't abuse it, you don't have to worry about a count down, this discourages attacking during the holiday, which encourages everyone to just see family.

DeletedUser15953

Thats what VM Is for.

Im with getting rid of peacetime, its nonsense. If people dont want to fight over christmas or whatever other religious festival they do or do not observe then activate vacation mode.

And besides, why is the christians get peacetime mode, but the same isnt granted to the Jewish community for Yom Kippur, or Hannukah, or the Muslims granted peacetime for Eid Al-Fitr or Eid Al-Adha.

Nonsense. If people want peacetime, activate Vacation Mode

Instead of Peacetime, what if Grepolis gave everyone 5 extra VM days, to use as they see fit? If ppl want to have peace over xmas and new year, then they can activate VM.

As a concession to Peacetime, Grep could reduce the VM starting delay to 12 hours or 24 hours on these 2 occasions instead, so that ppl could play on as much up to xmas as possible if they want ...

EDIT .... just saw the last few posts, this idea has been already posted by other ppl :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser38465

Thats what VM Is for.

Im with getting rid of peacetime, its nonsense. If people dont want to fight over christmas or whatever other religious festival they do or do not observe then activate vacation mode.

And besides, why is the christians get peacetime mode, but the same isnt granted to the Jewish community for Yom Kippur, or Hannukah, or the Muslims granted peacetime for Eid Al-Fitr or Eid Al-Adha.

Nonsense. If people want peacetime, activate Vacation Mode

Don't be the grinch.

DeletedUser27141

That is true Peace time should be optional otherwise it's just boring for people.I think religious celebrations e.g. Hanukkah and Eid are not put in place go to the small majority that are Jewish or Muslim as most players are seen as Christian seen as it is a Greek game which majority are christian, therefore it would be reasonable for most significantly seen christian based holidays being put in place. I am not dismissing any players that are any religion other than Christianity but I am just stating my perception and no I'm not christian myself I am agnostic.

Varun

Strategos
Sigh, do not turn this thing into a religious debate please. Those things are messy and hard to clean up:rolleyes: