peacetime?

Zarun-

Strategos
This isn't a US server

Thanksgiving Day is a national holiday celebrated in Canada and the United States as a day of giving thanks for the blessing of the harvest and of the preceding year. It is celebrated on the second Monday of October in Canada and on the fourth Thursday of November in the United States. Several other places around the world observe similar celebrations.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thanksgiving

Anything else smart to say?

DeletedUser33512

Being the EN international server I don't see why we'd all be forced into observing it.

Further, the world wide observances do not fall on the same day as the US thanks giving.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser10962

Thanksgiving Day is a national holiday celebrated in Canada and the United States as a day of giving thanks for the blessing of the harvest and of the preceding year. It is celebrated on the second Monday of October in Canada and on the fourth Thursday of November in the United States. Several other places around the world observe similar celebrations.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thanksgiving

Anything else smart to say?

Not really peacetime for thanksgiving I believe is common on the US servers never been observed on EN as far as I am aware. Why you think the rest of the world should stop because you have a national holiday. When are you suggesting peacetime would be on the US one or the Canadian one? Or both or all holidays observed by countries? Xmas and New years have peacetime on EN servers as they are truly international holidays. It wasn't meant to be overly smart pointing out the obvious to someone who asked a stupid question. Sign your neg rep coward.

DeletedUser42857

We dont make american servers have peacetime for St Patricks day, or St Georges day, or Ramadan, Yom Kippur, so why would we have to stop for them :D

DeletedUser31385

The only peace times are for Christmas and New Years.

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
True that thanksgiving is celebrated elsewhere but not on the same day. So no there will be no peacetime for an american based holiday

DeletedUser31385

I looked through community announcements and I only saw the Mystical Hen event.

EDIT: There is no US peacetime for Easter.

DeletedUser22708

Just go in vm if you want to have a calm thanksgiving, face the consequences if you don't ;)

DeletedUser12512

dear god, Easter and Thanksgiving are hardly the same. Thanksgiving is celebrating the harvest and thanking the native indians for their aid....Easter is celebrating the rebirth of Christ. I'd tend to think one of those two has a bit more international appeal than the other.

Mind you I do love me some turkey

DeletedUser

Thanksgiving is celebrating the harvest and thanking the native indians for their aid

The native Americans joined in the first Thanksgiving wholeheartedly but since then they've had reservations.