Pebble's Daily Quote

DeletedUser8396

Each day, I will post a quote made by myself or one that I found that I thought was striking. Should you wish to vie for a daily spot, PM me with a quote of your own and I may feature it for the day. So, let's begin:

Day 1, Oct 30 (EST): No one becomes great by doing what he is required to do well, but rather by doing more than he is required to do extraordinarily well. ~Pebble

Day 2, Oct 31 (EST): Find within yourself that which is the weakest and that which is the strongest. When this is done, surround yourself with friends that exhibit your weakness as their strength and, if possible, your strength as their weakness. You will improve upon each other. ~Pebble

Day 3, November 1 (EST): Do not let your past define you to such an extent that you allow it to define your future. Do, however, let your past mold you into an individual more capable of making wiser choices. ~Pebble

Day 4, November 2 (EST): Love without pain is nonexistent. If the thought of losing someone hurts, you most probably love them. On the other hand, pain without love is emotional torture - so love, with all that you are, so that you may spare your heart the torment when all seems to have fallen apart. ~Pebble

Day 5, November 3 (EST): It is fine to fear power - whether under it or holding it. With one, you are submitting to an authority, which may or may not corrupt. Yet, holding power grants more cause to tremble - if subjected to an angered, mistreated populace. ~Pebble

Day 6, November 4 (EST): I rarely forgive people. I simply forget to be mad at them. ~Pebble

Day 7, November 5 (EST): Remember, remember the fifth of November, the Gunpowder Treason and plot. I know of no reason why the Gunpowder Treason should ever be forgot. ~Unknown?

Day 8, November 6 (EST): Bitterness is to hate as forgiveness is to love. ~Pebble

Day 9, November 7 (EST): Laughter and tears are both responses to frustration and exhaustion. I myself prefer to laugh, since there is less cleaning up to do afterward. ~Kurt Vonnegut (Suggested by Hassan al-Sabbah)

Day 10, November 8 (EST): Sometimes individuals are forced into slavery. More often, however, the individual volunteers to be a slave by their absence of activism and their excessive ignorance. Their minds create the chains that bind them.~Pebble

Day 11, November 9 (EST): Only individuals blind to both his own capabilities and the capabilities of the people around him say that something improbable is impossible. ~Pebble

Day 12, November 10 (EST): It does not matter who you loved, but, rather, the passion in which you loved. ~Pebble

Day 13, November 11 (EST): I'm not strong. I'm not handsome. I'm not even coordinated. But what I am is what I love to be - me. And I wouldn't deny myself the joy of individuality for anything this would could offer in exchange. ~Pebble

Day 14, November 12 (EST): Anything less than perfect cannot be seen as fully good. Thus, everything has at least a dash of evil. ~Pebble

Day 15, November 13 (EST): Almost every invention will have at least one of these along side it: one trying to steal credit, one thinking it a danger to society, a disproven skeptic, or a government looking for a way to tax it. ~Pebble

Day 16, November 14 (EST): One day you will ask me which is more important? My life or yours? I will say mine and you will walk away not knowing that you are my life. ~Khalil Gibran

Day 17, November 15 (EST): Time is remarkable. Given to us freely, yet the most precious currency in the world.~Pebble

Day 18, November 16 (EST): Love is almost like a secret. Between two people and only they know how beautiful or harmful it is. ~Pebble

Day 19, November 17 (EST): Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies. ~Groucho Marx

Day 20, November 18 (EST): All these girls looking for Superman, but they walk past Clarke Kent everyday. ~Unknown (principle applies to guys as well)

Day 21, November 19 (EST): Sleep cannot contain a nightmare so vile as life, which is why I dream. ~Pebble

Day 22, November 20 (EST): I want to die knowing that I was living up till the moment I died. ~Pebble

Day 23, November 21 (EST): Show me someone who is depressed and I will show you someone that forgot how to love. ~Pebble

Day 24, November 22 (EST): The only time anyone is truly alone is either when they love no one or when they blind themselves to and refuse to recognize those that love them. ~Pebble

Day 25, November 23 (EST): Hate is powerful. It can destroy nearly anything. Love is powerful. It is the one thing hate has yet to conquer. ~Pebble

Day 26, November 24 (EST): Some relationships are characteristic of glass or a mirror. ~Pebble

Day 27, November 25 (EST): Be like water. Take many shapes and forms to adapt, but never change who you are. ~Pebble

Day 28, November 26 (EST): Time is no more fixed than your ability to manipulate it. ~Pebble

Day 29, November 27 (EST): The procrastinator is always the fastest worker. He knows this. And that is why he will eventually fail. ~Pebble

Day 30, November 28 (EST): I believe joy is directly proportional to who you spend your time with. Or, more accurately, who you avoid. ~Pebble

Day 31, November 29 (EST): If music is the life to the soul, then refusing to sing your song is denying the world another heartbeat. ~Pebble

Day 32, November 30 (EST): Don't hate the world for being inadequate. It isn't. You simply have failed to realize the world wasn't designed to meet your standards. ~Pebble

Day 33, December 1 (EST): Nothing is more beautiful than seeing someone you love. Nothing is more tragic than seeing someone you love for the last time. ~Pebble

Day 34, December 2 (EST): Life is like a song. One must first be taught the rhythm and the lyrics before it can be sung. And though the song may be similar to others before it, each rendition varies- some parts sung better, some parts worse, and an eventual misspeak of the lyrics. ~Pebble

Day 35, December 3 (EST): I want to live in a world where I don't have to see the pain in those near me, but I refuse to live in the world that would inevitably follow. ~Pebble

Day 36, December 4 (EST): Skin as strong as metal can be dented with the slander fired from a verbal gun. ~Pebble

Day 37, December 5 (EST): The death then of a beautiful woman is unquestionably the most poetical topic in the world, and equally is it beyond doubt that the lips best suited for such topic are those of a bereaved lover. ~Edgar Allen Poe

Day 38, December 6 (EST): Beauty is only ever tainted by an ugly attitude. ~Pebble

Day 39, December 7 (EST): If I had one sentence to make you think I was bored, it would be this one. ~Pebble

Day 40, December 8 (EST): If someone's smart enough to realize they're a moron, they are immediately smarter than most individuals. ~Pebble

Day 41, December 9 (EST):You did something amazing? Cool. I did too. I kept my sanity after hearing you tell me a couple hundred times. Now, if we're honest, which is more impressive? ~Pebble

Day 42, December 10 (EST): A monster is only as terrifying as we make it. ~Pebble

Day 43, December 11 (EST): Poetry always tells two stories: the one that is written and the author's worldview. ~Pebble

Day 44, December 12 (EST): I generally write everything five times. Once when I think it, another when I put it to paper, third when I realize that I did the first two horribly, fourth when I rewrite it, and fifth when I look back and dream of what it could have been." ~Pebble

Day 45, December 13 (EST): I have become thoroughly convinced that writer's block is only my mind trying to sift though the thousands of words to find the one I need the least. ~Pebble

Day 46, December 14 (EST): When I write, I am not myself. I become god. The day begins when I say, the world acts how I say, and people die as I say." ~Pebble

Day 47, December 15 (EST): Greatness hinges more upon one daring act than a thousand safe choices. ~Pebble

Day 47, December 15 - Quote 2 (EST): Most individuals, when writing the story of their life, would be guilty of plagiarism. ~Pebble

Day 48, December 16 (EST): And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom. ~ Anais Nin

Day 49, December 17 (EST): If you want someone to believe a lie, show them something they think impossible. ~ Pebble

Day 50, December 18 (EST): Searching for joy only makes one aware of joy being absent, yet searching for misery only makes one more miserable. ~Pebble

Day 51, December 19 (EST): If people were more like dogs, the world would be a happier place. If people were like cats, the world would be an introvert's dream. ~Pebble

Day 52, December 20 (EST): Never say you cannot due to your fear of trying. ~Pebble

Day 53, December 21 (EST): Ergophobia is the best excuse to be lazy. ~Pebble

Day 54, December 22 (EST): Excessism is both the best and poorest way to live. ~Pebble

Day 55, December 23 (EST): I spend more time debating what I would like to eat than I do eating the meal. ~Pebble

Day 56, December 24 (EST): They say gaming is a waste of time. However, the true waste of time is aimlessly trying to convince gamers of their "fruitless" deeds by writing a book or article that the gamers will never read. ~Pebble

Day 57, December 25 (EST): It is said that a tree is a great symbol for strength. Instead, I would say the wind. It shows that if enough particles move together in the same direction, both beautiful advancements or terrible destruction can be forged. ~Pebble

Day 58, December 26 (EST): There are two prime reasons social reform could fail: trying to do it alone or forgetting that a crowd stands at your side. ~Pebble

Day 59, December 27 (EST): I despise the saying quitters never prosper. Sometimes the wisest thing to do is to quit and begin something else. ~Pebble

Day 60, August 27 (2015): Emptiness is evidence only that one may be filled. ~Pebble

Day 61, September 2 (2015): Intelligence, when seen by society, must be slowly, methodically erased in order for the whole to remain relevant. - Pebble

Day 62, September 5 (2015): The finality of some choices is often misjudged. Never underestimate the ability to either reverse or alleviate the effects of an action. ~Pebble

Day 63, September 6 (2015): Simplicity, in spite of its own name, is quite complex to achieve. ~Pebble

Day 64, September 7 (2015): Making an issue complex is often the only means to simplifying it. ~Pebble

Day 65, September 8 (2015): War instead of diplomacy is a lot like using a hammer to drive a screw. It eventually gets the job done, but oft makes a mess of things. ~Pebble

Day 66, September 9 (2015): So many people become trapped within their own minds, living their entire lives under the same perspective never daring to go beyond. ~Pebble

Day 67, September 10 (2015): I often imagine what it would be like to not be able to imagine. ~Pebble

Day 68, September 11 (2015): Yesterday never truly ends. ~Pebble

Day 69, September 12 (2015): Tomorrow is society's new today. ~Pebble

Day 70, September 13 (2015): One of the greatest tragedy's is when one's aptitude is disjunct from desire. ~Pebble

Day 71, September 14 (2015): Murder destroys the soul. Adultery, the family. And greed? Greed tears down nations. ~Pebble

Day 72, September 15 (2015): Possession supersedes relation. ~Pebble

Day 73, September 16 (2015): The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply. ~Unknown

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser8396

Day 2, Oct 31 (EST): Find within yourself that which is the weakest and that which is the strongest. When this is done, surround yourself with friends that exhibit your weakness as their strength and, if possible, your strength as their weakness. You will improve upon each other. ~Pebble

Day 3, November 1 (EST): Do not let your past define you to such an extent that you allow it to define your future. Do, however, let your past mold you into an individual more capable of making wiser choices. ~Pebble

DeletedUser8396

Day 4, November 2 (EST): Love without pain is nonexistent. If the thought of losing someone hurts, you most probably love them. On the other hand, pain without love is emotional torture - so love, with all that you are, so that you may spare your heart the torment when all seems to have fallen apart. ~Pebble

DeletedUser18132

I really like this one! +1 brownie.

DeletedUser8396

Day 5, November 3 (EST): It is fine to fear power - whether under it or holding it. With one, you are submitting to an authority, which may or may not corrupt. Yet, holding power grants more cause to tremble - if subjected to an angered, mistreated populace. ~Pebble

In this moment, I am euphoric.

You can put the full quote in the thread if you want. It is technically a quote, and thus relevant.

DeletedUser8396

Day 6, November 4 (EST): I rarely forgive people. I simply forget to be mad at them. ~Pebble

Day 7, November 5 (EST): Remember, remember the fifth of November, the Gunpowder Treason and plot. I know of no reason why the Gunpowder Treason should ever be forgot. ~Unknown?

DeletedUser33530

Seriously pebble? :rolleyes:

DeletedUser8396

Day 8, November 6 (EST): Bitterness is to hate as forgiveness is to love. ~Pebble

DeletedUser8396

Day 9, November 7 (EST): Laughter and tears are both responses to frustration and exhaustion. I myself prefer to laugh, since there is less cleaning up to do afterward. ~Kurt Vonnegut (Suggested by Hassan al-Sabbah)

DeletedUser8396

Day 10, November 8 (EST): Sometimes individuals are forced into slavery. More often, however, the individual volunteers to be a slave by their absence of activism and for their excessive ignorance. Their minds create the chains that bind them.~Pebble

DeletedUser8396

Day 11, November 9 (EST): Only individuals blind to both his own capabilities and the capabilities of the people around him say that something improbable is impossible. ~Pebble

DeletedUser8396

Day 12, November 10 (EST): It does not matter who you loved, but, rather, the passion in which you loved. ~Pebble

DeletedUser33530

But if you love Justin Beiber you are no longer a member of society.

DeletedUser8396

Day 13, November 11 (EST): I'm not strong. I'm not handsome. I'm not even coordinated. But what I am is what I love to be - me. And I wouldn't deny myself the joy of individuality for anything this would could offer in exchange. ~Pebble

DeletedUser8396

Sorry I got lazy on this :p :

Day 14, November 12 (EST): Anything less than perfect cannot be seen as fully good. Thus, everything has at least a dash of evil. ~Pebble

Day 15, November 13 (EST): Almost every invention will have at least one of these along side it: one trying to steal credit, one thinking it a danger to society, a disproven skeptic, or a government looking for a way to tax it. ~Pebble

Day 16, November 14 (EST): One day you will ask me which is more important? My life or yours? I will say mine and you will walk away not knowing that you are my life. ~Khalil Gibran

Day 17, November 15 (EST): Time is remarkable. Given to us freely, yet the most precious currency in the world.~Pebble

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser33530

interviewer- "So CoD what inspired you to find your inner evil and enslave the human race"
CoD- "Well..."

Day 15, November 13 (EST): Almost every invention will have at least on of these along side it: one trying to steal credit, one thinking it a danger to society, a disproven skeptic, or a government looking for a way to tax it. ~Pebble
You forgot under paid workers in other countries producing it.