Pella Agony Aunt Week 4!

DeletedUser

Greetings my darlings!
Yes, i know i'm a day late, but not forgotten. I was hoping that we might get some last minute questions, but apparently not :( Send in more questions!

Only one question this week – we should note the absence of “Anonymous”….with his absence may come a whole new set of issues! Stay tuned. For now, here’s this week’s question:

Dear agony aunt.

I am having difficulties understanding why some people are attacking me. I was under the impression there was a non aggression agreement in place. All I did was support an alliance they are at war with, and now they are taking all my city's! I was never aggressive, I just helped the other side in a war, they should not even know. Why am I being attacked?

Thanks
Howard Orvill Warring

Dear Howard,

In supporting the city of someone who is an enemy of your alliance, you have declared yourself a traitor and an enemy of state. Now I know that you thought you were just being nice and sending some support to someone who may need it, but when you deliberately work against your alliance it is like you are lighting up a big neon sign in front of your player profile saying “Free Late Night Betrayals!”.

It’s not really something you should advertise. I would suggest in future if you are looking to not be aggressive or get involved in conflicts…. you settle in a bireme retirement community. I have seen a few of them about – they support people with no reservations about what side of the war they are in. The only thing is – being in a group like that would also paint a large target on you.
To save your cities I suggest you colonise as much as you can – wherever you can. The more little 700 point cities the better! Be the virus they can’t get rid of. I have seen this strategy used in Sigma, with good results.

Good luck, come on – get down with the sickness.

~Auntie Sapphie

The 7 Deadly Sin Awards!

Lust ~ The player I most want to be based on their performance in game

214v4zt.jpg

Maximus024 is getting very comfortable here – winning this cup again! He’s on a streak! But for how long, Eclipsin12 (from MOS as well) is just behind him, and I’m not sure that Max will have this cup next week!

Anger ~ The player who shows the most aggression in game

2j519a1.jpg

Eclipsin12 has taken this cup this week, with a whopping 52873 Attack Battle points! HOORAH!!

Sloth ~ the active member of the forum who isn’t so active in game

2qtzj1e.jpg

LolTrey wins this cup this week, although to be fair he’s gone quiet in the forums now too. Well, our Pella forum at least.

Covetousness ~ The City I want most based on name and points

4jx7dc.jpg

Crystal Bay (Belonging to Alpheios of HaVoC) Looks like a lovely little place to relax and unwind in O45. Someone should check it out and let me know if it as lovely as it looks!

Gluttony~ The Player who takes the most cities in game

xmss2t.jpg

Ellaranna, Eclipsin12 and Maximus024 Have all taken 3 cities in the last 7 days, well done! Also sitting at 12 cities a piece. The Mogul also has 12 cities but has only taken 2 cities in the last 7 days – missing out by a hair! Hope you three share nicely…..or not so nicely – lets hope for a little more action in the next 7 days!

Pride ~ The Best Alliance in Pella (My Opinion)

f53jnt.jpg

Mors Omnia Solvit have beaten off HaVoC with a rather large stick! The HaVoC/Empowered merge wasn’t enough to take the top spot…but I suppose it did help MOS that a few of the more timid Empowered members flew from HaVoC and into the MOS ranks. There’s also been word from LowKey – he may be leaving us! I hope it’s not so, I’d love to see HaVoC pull off another stunning comeback – rooting for you guys!

Envy ~ The Alliance I want to be in based on performance in game

5nw0g4.jpg

You know what? No one has mailed me with why their alliance is so great. I guess that means no one thinks that their alliance is good enough for this cup.

But mine is ;) Lotta Mistici is a Slow growing alliance, but we’re neat and tidy in our forums, we don’t spam Pella and we don’t leave our cities all over in a mess. Pella – keep it green! And join Lotta Mistici if you are in the SW region!

Please send in those questions, and keep fighting J It’s up to us to keep both Pella and Pella’s external forum alive!

~Auntie Sapphie

DeletedUser

I have to say i am disappointed that no one is advertising their alliance - I thought people liked their alliances and wanted to show them off :p

DeletedUser

we got too many members and a line of people that want to join, so advertisement is irrelevant

DeletedUser

Its good to be exclusive. :p

Props again Sapphire. And my condolences to Howard...what a shame :(

DeletedUser

i'm saying there is no need to advertise my alliance if the point is to get more people to join

DeletedUser22343

lol "the Timid empowered" A lot of us never wanted to go to HaVoC seeing as MoS are mostly our fellow ex Juktas players.. and then we found out that we were deceived by are leader and a few of his right hand men.. Hence half breaking off back to MoS leaving the traitors behind..

-Just to straighten the facts.. from someone that knows.

But all in all I always enjoy your post :D

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

The timid remark only because people moved AFTER war was declared, but thanks for clearing that up - having both sides of the story makes it more fun.

DeletedUser22343

I knew why it was said, just figured I would clear things up... But I could see how it would look that way. Looking forward to next weeks issue

DeletedUser

I really enjoy reading this each week. keep up the good work. :)

DeletedUser

Some Empowered members destroyed HaVoC with the lies and bull.
Now they are at war with MoS, they are recruiting HaVoC's members and using spies.

Its all done for HaVoC, I am just sitting down my days till a new server comes up and I hope to meet a better team.
One where my dedication and trust in leadership will pay off instead of backfire on me.

Enjoyed reading it once again, thanks!

DeletedUser

Some Empowered members destroyed HaVoC with the lies and bull.
Now they are at war with MoS, they are recruiting HaVoC's members and using spies.

Its all done for HaVoC, I am just sitting down my days till a new server comes up and I hope to meet a better team.
One where my dedication and trust in leadership will pay off instead of backfire on me.

Enjoyed reading it once again, thanks!
Empowered destroyed you? Are you saying HaVoC had nothing to do with its own destruction? Wrong. Your wise leader LoWKeY invited Empowered and broke the NAP with MOS. He decided to play God Father with us telling us what's not ok. Then he refused to back down from his decision telling us to come at him and that we would fall like everyone else before us. Looks like you are paying the price for his decisions and the new leader of HaVoC does appear to be a very bright individual.

DeletedUser

Are you saying HaVoC had nothing to do with its own destruction? Wrong..

Allow me to answer myself.
I didn't say that HaVoC had nothing to do with its own destruction.

Yes, Lowkey did make a mistake (in my opinion) and did put us into a war. I didn't agree either.
But that actually didn't make our alliance fall, all the backstabbers did.
All the people who left HaVoC to join MOS did and it all started with the Empowered members.

To be honest, I couldn't have done that to people who have welcomed me and offered me protection and took risk for us. I understand they wanted to be with their friends at MOS and THEIR leadership lied to them about threats/namecalling from MOS (reason they joined HaVoC).
But even after those secrets came out of the dust. How could you leave the people that had nothing to do with that for dead behind. Cause the moment they left we didn't stand a chance anymore. I would feel responsible and would make sure things would have gone different.

I just always sticked with my honor and stayed at HaVoC.
And like I said earlier, I am very disappointed that it didn't pay off.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser25133

i still don't understand the fact we took Empowered in as we had a good game plan and the right people to do it but to help this alliance out and bring into the Havoc fold and then have them walk in the front door and straight back out the back leaving us with a war that we wouldnt of had to deal with for several months without this.

now i may be wrong but the reasons MOS and HaVoc went to war was because of Empowered joining us and this was the start of the decline.

but what is done is done and lets see what happens

DeletedUser

If you both feel like putting Biremes/defence troops in my city of Soqualias, because one such personage who went from Empowered to HaVoC to MOS is attacking it, i would not mind at all ;)