Newspaper Pella Gazette #1 (week 26)

DeletedUser

Pella Gazette
Hi there fellow citizens of Pella. Welcome to the first edition of the Pella Gazette.
I am Theyank and I am here to bring you guys the freshest news from this world and some exiting interviews with prominent members of our top 10 alliances.

News
We start this week’s news section off with the one thing I think everyone was shocked about. The leader of the mighty HaVoC alliance, LoWKeY, has left his own alliance and claims to be leaving Grepolis for good.

I caught up with LoWKeY for a little chat about the current situation. Here’s what he had to say about quitting the game:
First of all i'm an army man. july 10th i'm going back to active duty. so there is no way i will be able to play. I have 12 years left i want to finish our my career active to increase rank as much as possible before i leave it. So I'm leaving the game not just the server

So it seems like he has a perfectly valid reason for quitting. As we all know, IRL has to come first. In the end this is only a game.
Now many of us was asking ourselves: Why would he leave HaVoC, the alliance he built and fought and bled for since the very beginning of this world so long before quitting the game? Well, here’s the answer:
I left there early due to the fact that i don't have time to play the game and lead the alliance both. Perfect example i'm sitting here with culture for 12 cities, and still only have 7 cities due to never having time to expand myself.

I am sure anyone who has ever tried to lead an alliance can tell you it is very time consuming, so I get the fact that he wants to spend his last couple of weeks in this game playing the actual game and not dealing with the political mumbo-jumbo of alliance management.

I hope you all join me in wishing LoWKeY good luck in the army and with his career there, and I believe everyone here, friend, enemy or neutral, is going to be sad to see you go.

Now onto other but not quite unrelated news, the war between HaVoC and Mors Omnia Solvit. From what I know these two alliances have been at it since the time MOS was still known as THE BANNED. (I know MOS is not the same as THE BANNED, but some of the members are). However there was a NAP in place after MOS was formed so that could have been the end to this long conflict, but that was not to be the case.

To try and clear up what’s going on with these two enemies that love to hate each other I had a talk with Maximus024 from MOS:
Yep this go's back to the banned days when HurtU made war with them. Yep we had a NAP with them but they broke 2 agreements in that nap this is what caused the war.

So there you have it folks, the war is back on.
That raises another couple of questions: How is HaVoC gonna do without LoWKeY? And how do MOS feel about their most hated enemy LoWKeY leaving?
When it comes to the first question we can only speculate at this point, I was unable to get a statement from HaVoC on this case but I hope to be able to follow it in the future.
On the second question we go back to Maximus024 and hear what he has to say:
Honestly im not happy lowkey leaving hoping he would stay had high expectations from him and his alliance but seems he just turned his back on them soon as things go tough for them. I hope they will move on from this and get decent leadership.

For our final bit of news today we are going to be talking about the new war in ocean 54, HALL OF WARRIORS vs. Silver. This was a conflict that could have been avoided and that rubbed people the wrong way on both sides of it. Even though I stand on one side of it I am going to try to give an objective picture of what is going on.

The story begins with both alliances growing peacefully in O54 while under a NAP. The NAP however got broken and there’s now a war on. The funny part is that both sides claim that the other alliance broke the NAP, here’s how that works:

The way Silver sees it the war kicked off when HOW sent massive amounts of support to four cities belonging to The Shadow League, which Silver is at war with. To quote Ellaranna:
but a nap mean non aggression... killing our troops is aggression no matter how you do it.

They way HOW sees it the war kicked off when Silver retaliated by sending 6 CS’ at them. In HOW’s eyes they did nothing wrong by defending TSL against Silver, here's something Olorin dei said earlier this week:
The reason I couldnt stop it was, because we only had a nap, wich menas non agression pact. we didnt agress, defence isnt agressing,...

Every story has two sides, I am going to let you all decide for yourselves who you agree with.

Interview
This week’s interview is going to be with the leader of one of the new up and coming alliances on Pella. In game he goes by the name RTSgamer2010 but he’s also very active here on the forum under the name jorisva1. He first caught my attention when he and his alliance was accused of taking in a spy and refugee of war on the forum, accusations that I feel he answered very well.
So here you have it, this week’s interview:

First off a bit of introduction.
• Who are you?
• What alliance are you in?
• What world did you come from?
• Other similar games you’ve played?
• Etc..

I am RTSgamer2010, founder of Army of Eternity. I’m from Belgium.
My first world I ever played was Zeta, but I quit that world very soon. Afterwards I joined Theta, and I’m still playing there. So meaning 2 Years and 8 days. I know I don’t have impressive stats on Theta, but I’ve had 3 accounts in that world. I had to restart couple of times due to RL problems. But as Theta is kind of dying right now I’m trying to settle in another world. This will probably be Pella or Knossos.
I’ve played Travian and Tribalwars for a while, but these weren’t as much fun as Grepolis. So I left these games and continued playing Grepolis. Some say I’m addicted to Grepolis, and I’m not denying that.

Tell me a bit about your alliance?
• Where did you come from? Or did you start off on Pella?
• What ocean do you call home?
• Any known enemies or ongoing wars?(No need to reveal anything that is not known)

Army of Eternity started off in Pella, we didn’t came over from another world. Our main ocean is Ocean 65, it’s our little home. For now we have a big dominance in that ocean. With 300k (almost 400k) points ahead of the second alliance. Some people say we are an MRA, and I understand why, but we aren’t. I’m kind of searching out the good players out of my alliance right now, and kicking the useless players.
We are in war with Lords of Pella, and their brother Lords of Pella Elite ( now renamed to Federation LoP and Federation LoPE). Currently these wars are going fine. AoE is winning this one, with 10-0 conquers. We have also some problems with The Brotherhood, but the alliance can almost be called inactive, so no problem for us.

Now, what makes your alliance stand out in the crowd?

I think it’s quite impressive that this alliance is NOT a premade, and we went in 3 days to the top-12. So when I started the alliance, 3 days later we were ranked 11th already. I think most of you think that this is not really impressive, but I think it is.

If you had to join another alliance, who would it be, and why?

If I had to join an other alliance I would join…difficult question as I do not know much about all the other alliances, but I think my choice would be Mors Omnia Solvit. They are a good alliance, they have great BP average. So very good fighters.

Name the player you respect the most on Pella?
• Preferably from another alliance.

Well, currently I do not know many other players, as we are a little alone in our ocean, but the currently the player I respect most is TyroneBlack. He seems a good fighter, loyal to his alliance, reasonable guy on the external (lol) and active on the external forums.

If you have a CS closing in, and know you’re going to lose the city, what’s your final move?

When I had a CS closing in, I would defend it as much as possible, just to kill some of his troops. But When I know it’s a lost battle, I would ask for an alliance member if he had a CS closer by, so he might be able to take the city before the enemy does. And then just stack the city.

To round us off, where do you see yourself in the future?
• Alliance rank?
• Personal rank?
• APB rank?
• Ocean takeover?
• Etc..

Well, I see my alliance resting in the top-5 at least. There are many better alliances than us in this world so I think heading for the number one spot will be difficult. Concerning my own rank, I’m happy with a top-100 rank, I don’t need to be the Number one either. I just want to play the game. And besides, rank doesn’t matter, how you play, your strength does matter. Concerning ocean takeover, we already have our own ocean.
But then my personnal ABP ranks… I expect it to be very low to other ones. Because I’m playing the same style here as I do on theta, and there I have 2.5 million DBP and only 300k ABP. However my last account had 1.5million ABP. So I think here I’ll be somewhere in between.

That’s all we have for today, hope you guys enjoyed it. Big thanks to everyone who took their time to talk to me, especially RTSgamer2010 for agreeing to an interview.
I will do my best to get one of these out each week, and please give me feedback I am new to this so everything helps.

Head reporter
Theyank

DeletedUser5554

i liked it :)

and wait you sent 6 cs's out to TSL and HOW defended them? well if they are running around doing that stuff they had it coming.

DeletedUser

Good first edition, plus rep for the effort of going to do this, hope you continue in future weeks.

DeletedUser

i liked it :)

and wait you sent 6 cs's out to TSL and HOW defended them? well if they are running around doing that stuff they had it coming.

no, we sent 4 cs at TSL and HOW supported them and either sunk or made the cs bounce. I found out about it and told HOW the NAP was now over cause of their actions. then the next day we sent about 6 cs at HOW taking 5 of thier cities.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser5554

either way they had it coming. but you just repeated what i said...sorry if i misphrased that though :) haha

DeletedUser

Yeah I agree they had it coming to them and thier actions started this war, but they feel they did nothing wrong by supporting our enemies and therefore killing our troops and cs.

DeletedUser

Breaking News: LowKeY is back to HaVoC with a vengeance. He is ready to kick butt and pwn noobs. Too bad he started a war with MOS who like to spoil his little parties.

JYTDW.jpg

Isn't this just sad?

Back to the drawing board, brah:supermad:

DeletedUser

no there was a lot more, but not enough to keep us from getting that CS

DeletedUser2663

Nice paper. Add some graphics and it will be top quality.

DeletedUser19042

I sometimes do that..But i'm beginner, not experienced. (i do it for over a year tho..lol)

So if you wish, I can from time to time do something. ;)

DeletedUser

I have a bit of experience with Graphics, if you have ideas just pop me a message :)

DeletedUser

+ rep, I enjoyed reading it. I will read any other articles you post as well.