Newspaper Pella Gazette #2 (week 27)

DeletedUser

Pella Gazette
Hi there fellow citizens of Pella. Welcome to the second edition of the Pella Gazette.
I am Theyank and I am here to bring you guys the freshest news from this world and some exiting interviews with prominent members of our top 10 alliances.

News
When talking about this week’s news there’s really only one thing you all want to hear about, Mors Omnia Solvit wrecking HaVoC. The indestructible steam train by the name Mors Omnia Solvit has run HaVoC out of the picture, or at least made them change name and step down a few points on the ranking.

I decided to have a chat with Volsung, one of the leaders of MOS to hear how it feels to finally have beaten the big bad beast of Pella:
I can tell you how it feels like with only one word - justice. They broke the NAP, put us into a very vulnerable position and acted bossy as if they already defeated us by simply merging with Empowered. We did give them time to check it more thoroughly, warned them that in case of war there will be no peace with them until they're out of the core, cause we couldn't risk to NAP with these people again. All that for no avail though - we had no choice but to declare the war.

Now that HaVoC has proven to be too weak to hold off MOS the big question is where will they go next? So I asked Volsung if this was the end to the war or if they would continue to go after the HaVoC guys even after the name change. And what their next plan of action is.
As for our next actions – now we need to take over the region which was ruled by HaVoC, as we moved there to finish them off. Unfortunately for that we need those former HaVoC cities. We have no issues with most of their players that were loyal enough to support even the wrong cause and the wrong side. But in order to secure our position we need to finish HaVoC off and take what is ours by right of conquest.

So there you have it, MOS is far from done with the HaVoC guys, name change or not. And by the looks of things there’s nothing stopping them from dominating the core at the moment.

Another piece of news that has gotten some attention this week is the conflict between Army of Eternity and Lords of Pella / Lords of Pella Elite. There was a massive discussion and a fair bit of banter going back and forth in a forum post called: PnP Attention Ocean 65 - Army of Eternity Epic Failure
If you've not seen it, go check it out! http://forum.en.grepolis.com/showthread.php?37252-Attention-Ocean-65-Army-of-Eternity-Epic-Failure

To summarize the post is LoP telling AoE the tide has turned, that they are now settled in and ready to fight so AoE is going down!

Well, looking at grepostats the score is currently 18 – 4 in favor of AoE when you add LoP and LoPE and AoE and their academy. So for LoP to claim that AoE are done for might be a bit early, we shall see how the tide of the war goes from here.

Another war that got mentioned on the forum this week is the Band of Misfits vs. S.T.O.R.M

We have been trying to get statements from the two but they seem very set on not talking to us, so all we can do is summarize what’s going on so far.

As nodcrush said in his Major conflicts post S.T.O.R.M started off by taking 3 citys from BoM while BoM was busy with White Eagles. The newest stats from grepostats show that BoM is up 15 – 3 right now, so the storm has clearly turned on S.T.O.R.M, from the looks of it BoM will continue to bring down the thunder on them uncontended.

Interview
This week’s interview is going to be with someone we all know from his many posts on this forum. TyroneBlack. He’s also one of the officers in Mors Omnia Solvit, so I figured it would be a good week to have a chat with him.
So here you have it, this week’s interview:

First off a bit of introduction.
• Who are you?
• What alliance are you in?
• What world did you come from?
• Other similar games you’ve played?
• Etc..

I am TyroneBlack, the officer in the alliance Mors Omnia Solvit. People call me either TB or simply Tyrone. I came to Pella from Juktas with a group of awesome players and we originally formed The BANNED and Banned Aid. Juktas was my first world and I still lead my alliance there, which is ranked 5th at the moments. I chose to come to Pella because of the world speed and no morale.

Tell me a bit about your alliance?
• Where did you come from? Or did you start off on Pella?
• What ocean do you call home?
• Any known enemies or ongoing wars?(No need to reveal anything that is not known)

When we started The Banned, Hurtu was the leader and he did a great job running the two alliances. With his departure, our group split into Empowered and The Enlightened. I went to TE, but the alliance struggled without a good leader. We were at war with HaVoC, White Eagles and their academy WEII; however, we had little success. During my time in TE, I started working very well with a small group of players. Later on, we regrouped and that small group of players became the new leading force of what is now the alliance Mors Omnia Solvit. We are currently the number 1 alliance in Pella and we dominate O55, O45 and soon O44.

After MOS was formed, we quickly overpowered WE and WEII with superior troop count and teamwork, so these alliances are no longer a threat to us. We also secured a NAP with HaVoC, but their leader LoWKeY soon broke the agreement by inviting Empowered members into his alliance. He tried to play God Father with us and mentioned that another war would not hurt his alliance. Boy, was he wrong. We completely dominated the former number 1 team to the point where they are about to disband. We sniped their CS attempts, broke their sieges and have not lost a single city. The war was very one sided. Right now we continue to bully LoWKeY and the remaining members of HaVoC. Our next target has not been named yet.

Now, what makes your alliance stand out in the crowd?

We are aggressive, active and experienced. We don't back down from a challenge and finish what we started.

If you had to join another alliance, who would it be, and why?

303 Fighter Squadron: I like their style. Small and aggressive.

Name the player you respect the most on Pella?
• Preferably from another alliance.

That would be Volsung. Many people don't realize it, but he put in a tremendous amount of effort to get MOS where it is today.

If you have a CS closing in, and know you’re going to lose the city, what’s your final move?

Alert the alliance and try to snipe it with whatever I have.

To round us off, where do you see yourself in the future?
• Alliance rank?
• Personal rank?
• APB rank?
• Ocean takeover?
• Etc..

I want continue helping my alliance so we can maintain the top position. I personally want to get into the top 5 of ABP ranking, which would be very difficult with monsters like Maximus024 and Eclipsin12 running the show.

That’s all we have this week, hope you guys enjoyed it. This one is a bit light on content but I had to push it out before going into vacation mode today. Next week might be a little late as I have to get back before actually writing it.
Big thanks to Volsung and TyroneBlack for talking to me, and shout out to RTSgamer2010 for helping me out. See you all next week!

Head reporter
Theyank

DeletedUser

Great newspaper.

I just still feel like the war between MOS and Havoc wasn't won because of their fighting skills. It was all political . Nonetheless I realize they have the right to claim whatever they want, that's what you earn by winning.

I respect Volsung and also respect the core players of MOS and realize you guys are excellent players, but I dislike some of the backstabbers/spy's a lot.

Just wanted to add a little side-note.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser25133

yeah MOS beat HaVoC and you have a great bunch of players but lets see who the next alliance to come up and take over MOS will be a surely as night follows day this will happen but well done on your victory.

btw i think it would of been a better fight if we hadnt of taken certain people in and brought the war to us alot quicker ,

DeletedUser

hey guys, don't say we didn't play fair. Remember the tactics you used to fight us? Recruiting Legion of the Dead as a sister alliance, then pact with White Eagles and their academy? Or how about your deal with Empowered to get free passage into our ocean? Furthermore, LoWKeY claimed he had a spy in the Enlightened. He also tried to frame me as his spy, which was really funny to read. You can't claim to be innocent and honourable after using such tactics.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser5554

i liked it told most of the stories of pella right now :)

DeletedUser

Again, I very much enjoyed reading it. Please don't stop writing!

DeletedUser

Thanks for the feedback guys. Just got back from vac mode and will start working on another edition. I have no idea what's been going on here while I was away though so if someone wants to feed me some news in either a PM here or a message in game that would be great. Will start digging trough the forums for some myself.