People's opinion on things are in calydon

DeletedUser2663

I thought i may as well make this to hear what other people think.

ill start.

Calydon is awesome because i have not seen a core of alliances like this. Even though the cap is 100 we have the majority of alliances sitting closer to the 50 member mark. This makes this world very interesting as there is no one alliance that will come out on top and we will have potential for game changing merges to happen for a very long time. Also its great to see some powerful Rim alliances forming (TGF and Zombies :p). For the first time we have a top 12 full of decent alliances, reminds me back in gamma when doing top 12s was great fun due to all the good alliance already established and all the great ones up and coming. Good thing we have some drama here as well :)

So whats your opinions on calydon?

EDIT: I know i stuffed up the title lol. silly me. was supposed to be People's opinion on how things are in calydon

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

it reminds me a bit of the beginning of kappa, except that there aren't clear favourites in every ocean :) seems all set for good times though!

DeletedUser17088

I for one find it brilliant, I havent enjoyed a world like this since Kappa.

Like metalcore said, there appears to be no single 'Uber alliance' :)

though i fear something will happen very soon to ruin this perfect world

DeletedUser22650

this servers awesome, shame about all the pacting and disbanding/reforming but i guess its the same on every world, ppl do nything to avoid actually playing :D

DeletedUser

i will say awesome forum which is very active and whole lot nice people are out here

DeletedUser8790

I agree too, I have not been this hooked in since the early days of theta, Lots of fun here

DeletedUser

Yeah, we got hooked up with just the right mix of nubs, pros, and returning players, perfect world settings, and a cool forum mod. It's nice.

DeletedUser24538

It's a struggle all in good fun though! I really enjoy playing here!

DeletedUser

speed 3 with 12hr conquests is definitely better than speed 3 with 8hr conquests :D

DeletedUser2663

speed 3 with 12hr conquests is definitely better than speed 3 with 8hr conquests :D

true that. I describe this world to all my old friends from 1.26 who i keep trying to bring back its Gamma on speed lol. Troop speed and conquest are the same but favour. resources rebuilding is all faster :)

DeletedUser2663

Well, anyone want to necro this thread :p.

I must say i am loving the forums for this world. One of the most active ones i have seen since i came back and started playing again at the start of the year. 2 months old and still strong. Lets see if we can make it last. With the current state of things, so long as people dont quit im sure we can

DeletedUser

Umm my opinion of Caly is its the best quality world since Athens was released in terms of active experienced players, settings are perfect, and it is a nice change to see the 12 top alliances all trying to be competitive for once :p

DeletedUser

Haven't had this much fun since Tau :D

That might be because I haven't played since Tau, but I make myself believe it's because Caly is awesome. :p

DeletedUser

BEFORE ZOMBIES MEET YOU
Oh how the hills are alive in Calydon, so beautiful and sweet. And the air is so crisp and clean. Hark, is that a lovely rare frilly feathered pink flamingo? Oh how delightful! Calydon is the most beautiful of all worlds!

AFTER ZOMBIES DESTROY YOU
Calydon is the worst world I have ever played.

8P

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I've got to say I love the way the alliances in this world is so balanced. If you've been looking at the rankings over the last couple of days the top 3 have been swapping places constancly, all 3 of them ocupying all 3 spots at different times.

The fact that there's no clear "ruler of the world" alliace that's totaly dominating makes this a hell of a lot more fun.

DeletedUser

It is fun even the banter hasnt been mistaken for anything else but banter. No hurt feelings etc etc. Actually what a game is supposed to be altho SHUSH still blows TM cant touch this and Zombies are wannabes !

BEERS on me

BBG

DeletedUser

It is fun even the banter hasnt been mistaken for anything else but banter. No hurt feelings etc etc. Actually what a game is supposed to be altho SHUSH still blows TM cant touch this and Zombies are wannabes !

BEERS on me

BBG

The bald man is back! And he brought beers again! yay! :D

DeletedUser

Absolutely awesome world, probably due to Speed 3 Conquest being so preferable but also so rare.

So everybody flocks to Calydon