Persian conquest feedback and questions?

DeletedUser2595

Oropus is in the middle of WW right now - this is the most pointless event ever there. What alliance is going to burn 50K LS and god knows how many ALU for rewards that will last a couple of months at most and leave them unable to seige enemy WW's or break seiges on their own?

Seems kind of poorly thought out...

DeletedUser22708

Oropus is in the middle of WW right now - this is the most pointless event ever there. What alliance is going to burn 50K LS and god knows how many ALU for rewards that will last a couple of months at most and leave them unable to seige enemy WW's or break seiges on their own?

Seems kind of poorly thought out...
Well it does work out for 99% of the other worlds though. I get your frustration but you're not obligated to go for them lol

skiboot

Phrourach
Well it does work out for 99% of the other worlds though. I get your frustration but you're not obligated to go for them lol

Kinda misses the point of the game for me. You're supposed to attack each other, not some computer generated npc. No interest personally.

DeletedUser

Inno games will lose a lot of long term players over this. Alliances that burnt gold to gain(buy) power on Thracian quests win these automatically. My alliance will spend no more gold.

slasherdan

You're mad that you have to use a little skill to win this event...That you can't just flat out buy it?

DeletedUser

I just want to give massive props to Inno for not making this event a goldwhoring competition :)

DeletedUser829

Kinda misses the point of the game for me. You're supposed to attack each other, not some computer generated npc. No interest personally.

Oh little person. Just watch as every alliance wastes their LS on this, and you can conquer their cities with ease

DeletedUser20948

If you're defending cities with LS you're gonna lose them anyway :D:p

DeletedUser46838

Look at that BP and Druvi, theres a reason why there are so many LS's and birs in there. it would require toms of alliances fighting.

DeletedUser11165

Oropos has under 750 players and inching towards the end of world wonders; while we have enough light ship's as an alliance to clear an Artemisia city to throw 50k light ship at what is basically an NPC city during world wonders would make us the heir to the throne of the kingdom of idiots but to do before even wonders when we should be attacking our enemies still makes little sense to me unless the rewards were commensurate to it which they are not in my opinion.

8000 Trireme, 8000 Light ship and 15000 Biremes (not including the god only knows how many troops which I guess is circa 100,000) on most worlds is alot to clear but on older worlds with smaller populations...really....

DeletedUser

looking back, alliance player caps should have been taken into account as well as world age ;)

DeletedUser33349

this event is similar to smoking..
it will stunt your growth for sure,

DeletedUser40768

It makes sense that they are on islands without farming villages. That way in new worlds it doesn't take up the space of a real player looking to join, and in older worlds I can imagine it would be a nightmare if one of these cities ended up on a potential WW island. Besides hopefully the cities resources are high enough that the city is self sufficient, so that farming villages are not significant. I like the idea, although the fact that she is in some oceans that are out of everybody's CS range is kind of pointless.

I know my alliance in Rhammus is shutting off any conquests until the city is cleared, and I am sure similar procedures have/are taking place elsewhere. I like the overall idea of having a team effort to clear the city, but are the benefits worth it? To divert from an ongoing war, and to sacrifice hundreds of nukes for one 7k city. I understand the benefits are nice, but are they worth the amount of rebuilding that will need to take place after clearing the city.

Endgame this is nice, but as a middle of the world birthday present not so much. Not saying it should be easy, but I don't see much incentive to sacrifice countless nukes against a NPC. I am noticing this is actually kind of like a WW scenario, I have seen merges unfold just because some guys want to be in the best alliance and get the reward. By the way she is right under my island :eek:

DeletedUser31385

Where is Xerxes? Where are the immortals? The event seems kind of dry, there isn't much to it at all.

DeletedUser30490

Look at that BP and Druvi, theres a reason why there are so many LS's and birs in there. it would require toms of alliances fighting.

Druvi???

Oh well got ot say En80 is super easy :D

DeletedUser

So.... If im in an alliance that gets 1st - 4th place and i leave after we have taken a city, do i still get the rewards? Or do i have to wait 45 days to leave my alliance AND get rewards?

What im getting at is, are the rewards given to players who were in an alliance at the time of conquest, or when the event finishes?

DeletedUser34426

You get the reward immediately after conquest.
Any player joining the alliance minutes before conquest wil receive this reward.

I am not sure if you get additional rewards if you conquer a second or third city, but I think so.

Innogames did some fixing on monday, but this game still has some characteristics that potentially will kill the game and the world.

Not a very nice birthday-party.

DeletedUser

Ahh thanks mate :) That is great news :p

Poast edit : Pure goodness :)

GrepolisRewards_zps0a906a70.png

Last edited by a moderator: