Personality of the month

DeletedUser

it's gonna be a whole forum thing. Mikes just rallying support

DeletedUser

there is already things like this in off topic, so what is the point of another one... also if it were everyone... it wouldn't be devils to say yes or no, but eclipse...

DeletedUser1405

The one im putting forward is for Beta no the whole forum, it gives the player bragging rights in Beta and allows the players involved to get their members on the forums to vote for them.

DeletedUser

I really don't care, it's a good idea but imo not enough active people are in Beta forum currently.

Also, just in these 3 pages there's been off-topic nonsense, in particular from on individual who i've already warned multiple times. So, if this was to happen i'd want the list of nominees before the voting and everything to remain on topic at all times

DeletedUser1405

I will run the nomination stages and make sure we stay on topic, i wont be taking part in the vote as i will run it to make things run smoothly.
As long as it stays on topic i think we can get more people on Beta out of this. I will work out a section for the rules and whats needed thennpost and ask for nominations if this is acceptable.

DeletedUser

How about you run an ingame poll mike, and have each top 30 alliance leader nominate a member of their alliance? That would work better under current circumstance. Then poll it so you can't back someone in your own alliance.

DeletedUser8362

How about you run an ingame poll mike, and have each top 30 alliance leader nominate a member of their alliance? That would work better under current circumstance. Then poll it so you can't back someone in your own alliance.

when you said that i was thinking - mras will pone at this

if this is offtopic, devils plz delete it

DeletedUser1405

This part of the process is to iron out the edges, and remember that its a forum personality of the month i dont see it working if the player nominated has never been on the forums.
I do think we have enough personalities in Beta to work this from inside the forum.
Maybe somewhere down the line we can develop a player of the month competition and to make sure MRA,s dont get to monopolise this only the top 50 players from each alliance could vote.

DeletedUser

further to player of the month, if you divide the total votes by the number of players in the alliance that is nominating, then you end up with a poll measured on a factor of 1, meaning the winner will be around or just over 1, and others will be between 0 and 1.

DeletedUser1405

I stil think that using the top 50 members in an alliance will be a better way to go, but lets get this forum personality competition running first.
I thinking along these lines.

1)Player is nominated by individual.
2)Player is Seconded again by individual.
3)The player then becomes a candidate for that month.
4)im open to suggestions for the number of candidates 5 being favourite.
5)Only players in Beta eligible to vote on the outcome.
6)Amount of time for poll to be decided am open to suggestions.
7) Winner announced on the 1st of every month to allow them to begin the bragging.

Im thinking along the lines of after 12 months all the winners for the year be put together and each player given a set amount of points for each month won.
Then open it up for 7 days and then the votes wil be counted and the forum personality of the year will be announced.
This will all be done through a vote in the forums. And regular checks will need to be made to make sure votes are only cast by Beta players(Again im open to suggestions on whether to let others from other worlds vote, as some of the Beta personalities are from other worlds and it is for the Beta forum)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Are we still doing this mike? I am willing to help you with it.

DeletedUser1405

Yes we are but i will need a hand, look at the rukes above and see what you think and where it can be changed.

DeletedUser

A "+Rep" prize would be better to attract more people. Not that I really care about rep much...

DeletedUser1405

That would be a good idea, we the losers all have to rep the winner.

DeletedUser

Yup...

I'm gonna make a new thread for nominations if that's okay. Or do you want to?

DeletedUser1405

You can start it if you like remember though they need a nominator and a seconder to qualify.
Then once we have 5 people we will put it up for a vote.