Personality of the Month

DeletedUser

Coming Soon!

If anyone has any ideas on how you would like this contest structured, post below. Generally it's just a series of polls to determine who everyone believes to be the "personality of the month." The winner will receive some sort of gold reward and fancy forum title.

I'll consider and evaluate all proposals. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

my opinion

( Number of cities taken in that month - number of cities lost in that month ) * 50% + Battle Points (In that month) * 25% + Forums Points for that month (this would be out of 25 and this will be given by the Forum Mod) = 100

Highest out of 100 would be the player of that month.

DeletedUser

This competition should be forum only, which means it shouldn't really combine in-game components.

For this competition, it'll be a series of polls where you all can vote for who you believe has been the best player on the forums, has made the most contributions, and has shown commitment to improving the forum.

I've changed the thread title to Personality of the Month for clarification.

We can also have a separate Player of the Month competition if you would all like, which is what your suggestion, bodnapa, would apply to.

Sorry for any confusion.

DeletedUser

Ahh then we could do that as well :)

So for this current topic i have another suggestion.

1) Quality / Accurate of Forum Contents by that player ( out of 10 )
2) Respectfulness of that player towards other player (out of 5)
3) Innovative topic created (out of 15)
4) Activeness in forums (out of 20)
5) Last week of each month there will be top 5 players who will be selected based on the above score and then all the other players will Vote till the end of the month. The Winner would be the crowned Personality of the Month

DeletedUser

Here is an example from other worlds...Credit to Mike62 and Jarpenguin for the original idea, Osl for the below template

Rules:
Everyone is allowed to nominate three Omicron players (and forum personalities)
You may not nominate or vote for yourself
No bribing with +rep or resources, although campaigning is allowed

How Things Work:
Step 1: This nomination thread is to be created at the last full week of a month (hence today is the start of the last full June week) by somebody... We'll see.
Step 2: In here, people can nominate three people (not including themselves). This thread will stay open for 4 days (so until Thursday Evening); anyone with 2 nominations under their name will be put into the poll.
Step 3: On Friday Morning, I shall stick up a poll. Then, you'll have until Sunday Night to vote.
Step 4: Once the vote is closed... thats it! The winner will be awarded the prize of +rep by everyone :p

Prizes:
Title under name
+rep from everyone (must sign)
Nomnomnominations
(Players with two votes are below)

Thats what I saw from other worlds... particularly Phi.

DeletedUser

Thats a good idea Lord I like Lords idea copying the old fashion way which seems alot easier.

DeletedUser

yes, if only eclipse would look back on this thread...

DeletedUser

2 votes, worste and best personalities.

Worste has to pay for the bests Gold!

DeletedUser

No way mate I can't afford to buy gold for the best every month :D

DeletedUser

Haha. Well you could win both votes and just keep buying them for yourself.

We've come to a decision! Murty will just continue on. Case closed. Forum locked..... O wait! I'm no mod haha silly me.

DeletedUser

I apologize for being MIA, been pretty busy in real life. Hopefully tomorrow evening, I'll decide on the final poll structures and we can get underway.

DeletedUser

I don't think we will have enough people participating in the poll to make it interesting. Or exciting.

I'm trying to think of a way to get players to be involved but not in a manner that makes it Biased. Like I could encourage player from Ta-U and Tu to get involved but I feel doing so would encourage them to vote for me, ( I doudt I'll run) or Murtius, or Rush, or Lord Syron.

Any suggestions as to how we can get more people involved with the bias?

DeletedUser

No, that would not be an appropriate use of the mass mail system.

We'll just see how this goes. Don't worry too much about it.

DeletedUser

Too late, I decided to rejoin the world :p you should delete your posts ash.