Petetion

DeletedUser30636

This is a quick petition to go back to the old forums. tbh I really hate this interface. its not as smooth as before, the emoticons don't looks as good. if this is Inno's way of cutting down costs I get it because the forums aren't popping by any means.

But I think we can all agree that old forums we're better and if theres anyway to get them back i'd love to see that happen.

Reasons: UI on the older forums was way more simplistic and smooth. the way profiles and stuff work on this one is silly and doesn't make a ton of sense. it doesn't feel like theres really a good set of direction here. I've had troubles with uploading signatures here, something about it doesn't mesh well with image hosting sites. the rep system being gone sucks. the green bar next to your name, while meaningless still meant something. going to a straight like system is really lame considering no one uses it.

Maybe I'm the only one, maybe everyone else is thinking the same thing. I just know that if its possible, switching forums back to the way they were would be very appreciated.

I also realize that I spelt petition wrong and feel stupid :)

DeletedUser46395

Disagree. The old forum software was pretty horrible really and the rep system widely abused. I would also be very surprised if it wasn't much more vulnerable to hacking and similar attacks, and actually it's vastly easier to upload images to this software - it's used by a photography magazine whose forums I moderate in large part for that very reason, although improved security for the company concerned and the forum users is the main reason.

Zarun-

Strategos
This wasn't about reducing costs at all. They had to pay for entirely new forum licenses to use xenforo software.

That said, vBulletin 4 is obsolete and vBulletin 5 is terrible. You'll get used to this.

DeletedUser41523

I just miss my rep bar. The rest is pretty good though.

DeletedUser31385

Reputation can't be restored. It is a vBulletin option.

DeletedUser30490

This is a quick petition to go back to the old forums. tbh I really hate this interface. its not as smooth as before, the emoticons don't looks as good. if this is Inno's way of cutting down costs I get it because the forums aren't popping by any means.

But I think we can all agree that old forums we're better and if theres anyway to get them back i'd love to see that happen.

Reasons: UI on the older forums was way more simplistic and smooth. the way profiles and stuff work on this one is silly and doesn't make a ton of sense. it doesn't feel like theres really a good set of direction here. I've had troubles with uploading signatures here, something about it doesn't mesh well with image hosting sites. the rep system being gone sucks. the green bar next to your name, while meaningless still meant something. going to a straight like system is really lame considering no one uses it.

Maybe I'm the only one, maybe everyone else is thinking the same thing. I just know that if its possible, switching forums back to the way they were would be very appreciated.

I also realize that I spelt petition wrong and feel stupid :)
You're still around? :O