[Petition] Move The Agora Back To The Top! (X-Post From OffTopic)

DeletedUser

I've made a new thread here, because due to the new forum layout nobody would see the other one. OP HERE

The Agora is the most important part of the forums... And yet it has been moved by the man to the bottom of the heap. We have been moved lower than DEAD game world forums! The Offtopic and the DnD have been supportive and influential communities for years! Show the administrators that we do not deserve to be treated as lowlier than World En88888! Post here and give your support!

Signed,
  • Jarpenguin
  • Skullyhoofd
  • Durmanush123
  • jonorocks1
  • Sjsharksboy[x2]
  • mrpenguin244
  • loganlewis4

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser6029

D&D is not the money maker...it is not even Grepolis related....Inno game related topics should be up top, as that is the money maker. When a forum gets as large and populated as this one is, you have to begin to weigh your options.....and still be organized. Sorry Jarp, but if people want to find it easier, they can simply bookmark it. Secondly, D&D here has had some ups and downs, and sometimes it is just not average person friendly.....That was the problem prior to Tyrion opening it back up....It will no matter how much they try and maintain it, get colorful at times, and it needs not be placed up in the mainstream forum where the high traffic is.

Look at D&D like a Burlesque Club...not stripping exactly, but neither is it kid friendly......:D

And before anyone has a cow that I singled out D&D, I only did so based off a private convo I had with the penguin....

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser4013

I won't be prioritizing OT, D&D and GFX over the worlds. However, I have added a Quicklink to those sections for those players who prefer to use those sections of the forums more than other areas.

DeletedUser5

Once again, people proving that no matter what changes are implemented, someone won't like them...

Thanks for proving my theory correct once again Jarp ;)

DeletedUser

Once again, people proving that no matter what changes are implemented, someone won't like them...

Thanks for proving my theory correct once again Jarp ;)

Trying to fix a system that isn't broken, yet again.

DeletedUser23986

Aco4, why don't you get yourself a title? i never got your position/rank?

yes, i don't like this change. It is stupid.

wikipedia said:
The agora (Ancient Greek: Ἀγορά, Agorá) was a central spot in ancient Greek city-states. The literal meaning of the word is "gathering place" or "assembly".

I thought grepo was based on greek mythology? So agora should be given its spot rather than just being dumped in an corner.

I support this petition against IGNORANCE of the game theme by community.

Lets change our sigs!

Last edited:

DeletedUser4013

An Agora is a meeting or gathering place for people, but just because an area has a Greek name or title does not automatically mean that it will receive a higher place in the forums.

Ignorance of the Greek theme would be to call the Agora something wholly unrelated like The Shuq, which is Arabic for the same thing. You can petition all you want against this change, but currently, I see no reason to have the OT section higher up than it is currently. Either way, there is now a Quicklink going directly to the Agora, so a change in position is not likely to come.

DeletedUser5

Aco4, why don't you get yourself a title? i never got your position/rank?
What do you mean, you never got my position/rank? I was co-community manager for a year, senior ingame and senior forum moderators for over a year. What's not to get?

Also, I've seen you having a go at people for not getting your name right, do me the same courtesy...

Tyrion said:
I see no reason to have the OT section higher up than it is currently

That's because there is no reason for OT to be anywhere high on the forums - it's not related to the game at all.

DeletedUser23986

mr. forum admin,
let me remind you off-topic is one of most active sections of the forums. It is a place where people discuss whatever they want. You can NOT ignore it.

Last edited:

DeletedUser17088

mr. forum admin,
let me remind you off-topic is one of most active sections of the forums. It is a place where people discuss whatever they want. You can ignore it.

I don't think it will become any less active because its a few scrolls further down on the page, Surely people arent that lazy :D

DeletedUser23986

What do you mean, you never got my position/rank? I was co-community manager for a year, senior ingame and senior forum moderators for over a year. What's not to get?
your current post. i don't think you have no powers at all currently?
Also, I've seen you having a go at people for not getting your name right, do me the same courtesy...
how weird, i only corrected one of the mods. although i do not want to say, anyways, " i am so sorry Ac04". though i feel it to be a weird name. I wish your country adopts naming rules :p

That's because there is no reason for OT to be anywhere high on the forums - it's not related to the game at all.
So why didn't you removed it when you were co-coma? probably because it is most active section. What if it is not related to game at all? I doubt if "New year" or "new year eve" was a part of greek. yet we have a ceasefire even in a global game?

Last edited:

DeletedUser17088

also as a side note, The re-shuffling hasn't been done to demote a forum. It is just a re-positioning for relevance

Announcements for ingame and Forum
Grepolis General
Grepolis General help (bugs and guides etc
Grepolis Specified (worlds)
Miscellaneous (DnD, OT GFX etc)

DeletedUser17088

It is not allowed to rebuke another user concerning his grammar/spelling. If the grammar/spelling of a user is that bad, report the post.

there was no rebuke, he was saying that we can ignore it like you said (y) if it is easily ignored then it should be moved down to bottom due to its relevance

Keep it friendly and less aggressive please

*edit* explained a little further