• No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Abstain

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Rachel.L

Phrourach
Idea: https://en.forum.grepolis.com/index.php?threads/mobile-app-wish-list.59421/
Current Status: App idea/ inactive?
Suggested Change: Proposal, minimum
Reason: Properly formatted. The goal is to have app users have the same support, events, use of advisors (since they pay the same gold), and use of tools (e.g. simulator) as all other players. This includes forwarding app ideas separately to the devs and having app specific polls.

Idea: https://en.forum.grepolis.com/index.php?threads/mobile-app-wish-list.59421/
Current Status: App idea/ inactive?
Suggested Change: Discussion/ Deliberation
Reason: The topic of having the app be in parody with the desktop version is discussed in the thread of each idea gathered here (individually), the poll on whether to have app specific polls, and the poll which included an app related item. I believe at least some of this raises this proposal to the level of discussion/ deliberation and makes it worthy for it to proceed as written.
The following all include relevant posts:
https://en.forum.grepolis.com/index.php?threads/be-able-to-view-conquest-info-in-the-app.59100/
https://en.forum.grepolis.com/index.php?threads/app-specific-polls.59422/
https://en.forum.grepolis.com/index.php?threads/summer-2017-development-poll-ii.59376/
https://en.forum.grepolis.com/index.php?threads/app-question.59411/#post-1020729
https://en.forum.grepolis.com/index.php?threads/mobile-app-contacting-support.59367/#post-1019695
https://en.forum.grepolis.com/index...-conquest-info-in-the-app.59100/#post-1013605
https://en.forum.grepolis.com/index.php?threads/competition.58977/#post-1011222
https://en.forum.grepolis.com/index.php?threads/starting-booster-mobile-app.58915/
https://en.forum.grepolis.com/index.php?threads/mobile-city-rename.49253/#post-1000588
Keep in mind this does not include any discussion in the App Changelog Discussions which are sometimes very long about certain bugs.

DeletedUser54161

I will chime in then

I do think this is a good idea, or at least to be taken in part.
Ultimately, I do think all features from the desktop version should be available on mobile.
To take baby-steps in the right direction, features such as "Events" should be available and playable on the mobile version.
With mobile features such as Quickpay from the Apple or Android store, I see this is a missed market/opportunity for those at Inno.

Especially as they try to break into the mobile market [Their new release Warlords of Aternum) being a mobile exclusive; they should consider revisiting their older games to make them more mobile friendly

Upvote for me @Rachel.L

Silver Witch

Strategos
Tbh this thread is so hard to find i doubt many will even be able to post. Then it is hard to understand what is happening because u have to look elsewhere.

This is the list of proposed app improvements. Yes to me it looks like a good idea.
LIST FROM ARCHIVE (sorry if I missed or some have already been implemented):
1. The ability to rename cities
2. Availability of a simulator
3. Be able to set time zone (so it matches browser clock)
4. Make events available
5. Make reports easier to post in alliance forum
6. Make it possible to have live feeds for conquests
7. Allow reservations to be visible in the alliance tab
8. Add landing times to command overview screen
9. Increase the number of push notifications (be able to turn on/ off the option to get one for just about anything)
10. Have in-game mods available for support who can answer app-specific difficulties
11. The ability to 'time back' incomings to a city from the app? (As currently on the app you need a unit in the city to use as comparison)
12. Make all features of an advisor that are available in the "desktop" version available in the app. If you pay your gold, you should get the abilities.

Rachel.L

Phrourach
Appreciate the input all
Whether as a money maker (LY) or for the good of players, this should get done
My problem is with this process
According to the rules @figtree2, you alone decide if it fits the format for proposal
  1. An idea is posted in the main section CHECK
  2. Idea gets checked for format/DNS
    1. Idea stays in the main section NO
    2. Idea is moved to the Wish List because it is DNS. NO
    3. Idea is closed, rejected, and moved to Archives for lack of format. FORMAT?
  3. Idea is upgraded to Proposal status PROPOSAL?
No discussion from anyone is needed on that
If it is improper, you can tell me and I will fix it
Ppl have visited the link but no one knew they had to say anything based on the rules as written

I think it has been discussed in various forms to reach far beyond inactive
There are ideas that are not formatted, or with 2 responses, but they are all designated as proposals
After all the posts from everyone previously, I don't understand why this idea has to start over and others do not
Because it is about the app, should not make it have more discussion to reach the same levels as all other ideas

Between the changing of rules and the thread location (SW), this will never go anywhere

Last edited:

Silver Witch

Strategos
Yes i think Rachel has done a great job in finding all these things and lets be realistic they are all helpful ideas.

i think lets try this - see if we can get something done.

Fig i can see you have really tried to provide a workable system here but its just so complex now without players like rachel all the past efforts by loads of players will be lost.

DeletedUser31385

Eh, I figured there would be a few kinks to work out. I will make some changes and present them as soon as possible.

Rachel.L

Phrourach
thanks, SW

as I said, fig, if there is something I need to do/ redo, happy to do so but just didn't see it as written
also happy to help you in putting together app related polls (if they are needed) or writing things for the devs (not sure how that happens), just give me a shout

Silver Witch

Strategos
Well i read the forum (as you know lol) and here i originally saw rachels comment when i wasn't logged in when it was close to the top of 'whats new'. Then i logged in to comment and it wasn't at the top any more. I couldn't even find it!!! I had to log out, check where it was and then go back to it.

Considering how few actually look at anything that isn't in a world i just don't think people will even see it.

So here - i think its up to you Fig. Theres a wish list for the app effectively. All of it will help app players so why not send it straight to the developers and ask is any of it an easy fix, how realistic is it to get this into your timetable and is there anything thats not possible.

Or if u need some more player views - you have the council - tell them they need to look and comment on this. Then thats 5 more experienced views.

Rachel.L

Phrourach
already hoping that council (@Phidippidies, @Bearissimus, @shadowcane, @Miknel, @GothamSoldier) is involved in the new review process, has seen this thread, and might decide to jump in at some point
I hate ppl who write threads on the same topic to push their own crap when we already can't find things
so i'm not going to add to the building pile of chaos that is the forum
but, ray, if you have a suggestion, i'm all ears

DeletedUser54192

I definitely agree on this. At the moment, there are too many disparities between the browser and app versions of the game. I tend to use the browser for the majority of my Grepolis gameplay, but conversations with fellow players who are usually restricted to the app has revealed how tough it is for app-only players. From the tactical disadvantages such as the lack of a simulator and access to certain events, to issues such as the inability to rename cities (which is something that irritated some of my en94 teammates enough that they signed in on the browser version on their mobile (which is fiddly and can be a nightmare to use) to change their city names so that they actually had the feeling of having their own empire rather than a collection of random cities).

The result of these disparities is that app-users get an objectively worse experience than browser-users and have a disadvantage when playing against them, which means that they are more likely to give up. Which is a shame, when I would have thought that at least some of these issues shouldn't be too hard to actually resolve? (I don't know much about coding, so I may be wrong on that.)

DeletedUser31385

I am trying to get the prefix situation fixed in the apps section so I can properly mark the threads in the section. The first suggestion will be done as soon as that happens.

DeletedUser46395

already hoping that council (@Phidippidies, @Bearissimus, @shadowcane, @Miknel, @GothamSoldier) is involved in the new review process, has seen this thread, and might decide to jump in at some point
I hate ppl who write threads on the same topic to push their own crap when we already can't find things
so i'm not going to add to the building pile of chaos that is the forum
but, ray, if you have a suggestion, i'm all ears

I'm quite busy. I looked at this, saw endless links and the fact that you want the app to be in parody with the main game - really? Parody?
In short, I couldn't understand it so moved on. Sorry.

DeletedUser54161

@Bearissimus

I will clarify this post for you.

Currently the Mobile App is a PARODY of the Browser Version.
The Mobile Version lacks key features such as ability to rename cities, and access to ingame events (Incantation Circle, Hades Portal etc..) to name a few.
The Proposal is to bring the Mobile Version up to speed with that of the Browser Based Game; allowing mobile players to play on a more even field then those that play through the browser.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser31385

Given that the general consensus is in favor of this petition. It may now go on to the voting stage.
Voting will last until November 1st!

Rachel.L

Phrourach
wait, @figtree2, we voting for the petition to reach discussion/ deliberation level, correct?
b/c, while the prefixes aren't fixed (I understand), I think it is unfair to have to vote this to proposal status since that is a coding issue and would have already been noted as such during your initial movement of all ideas
please clarify for everyone

DeletedUser31385

wait, @figtree2, we voting for the petition to reach discussion/ deliberation level, correct?
b/c, while the prefixes aren't fixed (I understand), I think it is unfair to have to vote this to proposal status since that is a coding issue and would have already been noted as such during your initial movement of all ideas
please clarify for everyone
Yeah, the second part is being voted on.

DeletedUser46395

@Bearissimus

I will clarify this post for you.

Currently the Mobile App is a PARODY of the Browser Version.
The Mobile Version lacks key features such as ability to rename cities, and access to ingame events (Incantation Circle, Hades Portal etc..) to name a few.
The Proposal is to bring the Mobile Version up to speed with that of the Browser Based Game; allowing mobile players to play on a more even field then those that play through the browser.

Thanks. That's certainly something I support completely. :)