Petition to Stop "Warfare Packages" from coming into the game

DeletedUser23986

I am sure that the update will be communicated as all updates are, however at the moment as mentioned the idea is on hold so there are no plans to do anything right now.

Additionally just because a feature works on another platform/game, it does not mean that it is just as simple as copy and pasting some source code and calling it a day. While the development of the feature might have been easier since there was an example to work from, the technical implementation would still require extensive development and testing.
Drops in gold rates and other similar offers are not announced on forums, but are made available directly using an ingame notification(as visible in the pic on the first page). They are not considered an update and not announced, as was the case on the beta I suppose. Are you indeed in the position to confirm that it will be communicated in advance? It has been very boldly mentioned that the idea will be revamped and implemented in due time.

DeletedUser

Drops in gold rates and other similar offers are not announced on forums, but are made available directly using an ingame notification(as visible in the pic on the first page). They are not considered an update and not announced, as was the case on the beta I suppose. Are you indeed in the position to confirm that it will be communicated in advance? It has been very boldly mentioned that the idea will be revamped and implemented in due time.

I think we are comparing apples and oranges in this situation. A price change does note equate to a feature change. We are talking about a new feature coming to the game. New features are always communicated in advance to the community.

DeletedUser35431

I am in. I think that it is wrong for Grepolis to add this in. I like this because there are little games around now days that do not make you completely OP with money. I went on to this other internet game, and you get these OP people who are just crazy and always paying sooo much money and then they just win the game completely.

DeletedUser23986

I think we are comparing apples and oranges in this situation. A price change does note equate to a feature change. We are talking about a new feature coming to the game. New features are always communicated in advance to the community.

This particular feature didn't get a mention on the beta forums or the devblogs. Inno surprised us with the reservation system, they definitely can shock us with the warfare packages.

DeletedUser35069

Usually yes. Even on beta every feature is announced as its hard to test something you arent aware of, This one however wasn't. It simply appeared without any mention.

DeletedUser

The public beta server is just that a testing server. Things work a bit differently. You are informed when you sign up that it is the beta server. As mentioned the technical implementation/ability was being tested in the beta server, not the content of the feature.

DeletedUser27291

Sign me up,

Oh and please un-tick that little box as I dont want double glazing, anymore free insulation and no I have not had a no fault accident and I have had all my PPI claims sorted. - Thanks

DeletedUser22054

The public beta server is just that a testing server. Things work a bit differently. You are informed when you sign up that it is the beta server. As mentioned the technical implementation/ability was being tested in the beta server, not the content of the feature.

Sure. But testing and pay for testing - pay in this case 79,99€, just to see if your figures worked is very much expensive. If you want to check something, a few cents is much enough.

DeletedUser

Sure. But testing and pay for testing - pay in this case 79,99€, just to see if your figures worked is very much expensive. If you want to check something, a few cents is much enough.

That comes down to consumer choice, which I don't think we are debating in this thread. If you want to test a feature for the price listed than that is your choice as a consumer. The beta server exists to test the features, and again players are aware of this when they sign up. It is not productive to sit here all day and tear apart every detail about how the plan was implemented on a test server. It was productive to discuss the possible implementation on the live servers, and we see the results with this announcement.

DeletedUser

Count me in as well....
This idea of theirs is killing my love of the game.... and that is unforgiveable !!!!

DeletedUser23986

That comes down to consumer choice, which I don't think we are debating in this thread. If you want to test a feature for the price listed than that is your choice as a consumer. The beta server exists to test the features, and again players are aware of this when they sign up. It is not productive to sit here all day and tear apart every detail about how the plan was implemented on a test server. It was productive to discuss the possible implementation on the live servers, and we see the results with this announcement.
They were not testing the feature, they were testing a "technical aspect". And the fact that they expect 80 euros for allowing someone to test it, worries me. I can only wonder what they would have done on a live world.

But as you have put it, they will make an announcement once they have reworked the feature, so i guess we have to just wait and watch.

DeletedUser

Signed

Count me in aswell.This is ridiculous what is grepo turning into.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser31385

They were not testing the feature, they were testing a "technical aspect". And the fact that they expect 80 euros for allowing someone to test it, worries me. I can only wonder what they would have done on a live world.

But as you have put it, they will make an announcement once they have reworked the feature, so i guess we have to just wait and watch.

The 80 Euro thing is just another money grab. Units are not worth that much.

DeletedUser45028

I agree, this is a very bad turn for this game. I also sign in in protest. This game does not need to go in this direction and I will go on my way if this is a part of any game I play here. Good luck money grubbers!