Petition to Stop "Warfare Packages" from coming into the game

DeletedUser

Our new dev on the forum has written the following:

"With the bundles & packages, our intention is not to throw off the balance of the game, the packages that will be offered will be beneficial to both the players, as well as InnoGames. After releasing the feature on the Beta server we have realized that this feature may have unintended consequences and we have therefore decided to put this feature on hold until it can be reworked and re-evaluated by our game design and development team.

We also understand that frustrations have been mounting over the past few months due to the release of several premium features. This happens to be an unfortunate coincidence, however we are committed to working on non-premium features in the future, such as the mid-game and end-game revamp that all of us have been waiting for so long. Additionally we have received complaints about the recent changes to the marketplace and trade screens in the game. Many of you have felt that the changes are unnecessary, confusing or unsatisfying, we will be reviewing these concerns and actions will be taken."

Well done everyone!! We did this!!!

Thank you all who organized, participated, and helped word get out to players like my self to put an end into this nonsense. I hope grepolis starts working more toward making this game we love into a competitive game based on players skills rather than offering them army to buy, triple BP, and eventually fully loaded cities with tanning salons.

DeletedUser31385

I have seen the many good and the many bad changes over the years. I couldn't agree more that premium features (especially lately) have caused a decline in the quality.

DeletedUser29187

Please add me to the petition...gold has it's uses, but this is ridiculous.

DeletedUser

First of all I want to congratulate everyone with this fantastic result so far.
Thanks a lot, I'm really impressed by all the support from different servers.

It's not about playing without gold, with a little, or with a little bit more. It's not about playing on the Dutch, English, German, ..., servers. The last day we were all part of the Grepolis community, and we showed InnoGames what we as a community thought about the Warfare Packages. And well, we have been heard.

Unfortunately there is still a lot to fight for. On the Dutch forum I'll give an 'official' reaction to Jordan later today (I'll make sure he'll get the link to it), in Dutch and in English. I'll post it here too and I'll let somebody translate it to German.

Again, thanks for starting this here, spreading it ingame, and signing it.

DeletedUser

But if I understand correctly, they're still going to add package-features into the game, just 'reworked'. Ah well - We'll have to wait and see how that turns out. For now this petition was acknowledged. Congratulations to the petition-starter and all that signed.

DeletedUser23986

The Public Beta server exists to test the technical aspect of updates to the game. Most if not all features that go into the beta server are changed or modified in some shape or form before they make it to the live servers. This is actually a very probable explanation for those packages being offered.

Forwarndert has raised some very valid points. If these packages exists on FoE, they were already aware of the fact that it works. They only had to test it for grepolis. Speaking of testing, I can't believe they want players to spend 80euros so that these features can be tested?

You don't need to ask for 80euros to test a technical aspect. People are still players on the beta server, infact the most loyal ones who want to help improve the game. And if not anything, maybe an announcement by the beta CoMa on their forums saying that these packages are there only to test the technical aspect would have been appropriate. And these packages were left there for quite long inho.

Also, Since the technical aspects of the "Warfare Packages" has already been tested, I believe the next time we see them, they will be directly available on the live servers? Without any announcements, without a hint, So that it would be too late for us to do anything?

DeletedUser31385

Forwarndert has raised some very valid points. If these packages exists on FoE, they were already aware of the fact that it works. They only had to test it for grepolis. Speaking of testing, I can't believe they want players to spend 80euros so that these features can be tested?

You don't need to ask for 80euros to test a technical aspect. People are still players on the beta server, infact the most loyal ones who want to help improve the game. And if not anything, maybe an announcement by the beta CoMa on their forums saying that these packages are there only to test the technical aspect would have been appropriate. And these packages were left there for quite long inho.

Also, Since the technical aspects of the "Warfare Packages" has already been tested, I believe the next time we see them, they will be directly available on the live servers? Without any announcements, without a hint, So that it would be too late for us to do anything?

If they do that then they will be dealing with a large loss of player base.

DeletedUser

Forwarndert has raised some very valid points. If these packages exists on FoE, they were already aware of the fact that it works.
FoE and Grepolis are two different games... FoE is very peaceful. In Grepolis you arent limited in fight actions.

Give option to buy units with no resources needed is unbelievable hazard.

DeletedUser

I am sure that the update will be communicated as all updates are, however at the moment as mentioned the idea is on hold so there are no plans to do anything right now.

Additionally just because a feature works on another platform/game, does not mean that it is just as simple as copy and pasting some source code and calling it a day. While the development of the feature might have been easier since there was an example to work from, the technical implementation would still require extensive development and testing.