Top 12 Pharae ~ Top 12 Sink or Swim ~

DeletedUser56333

While your at it if you can share your attack planner with bucks as well as sending a GRCT report of your command tab after the attacks have been sent at him (all in the name of fairness obviously) that would be great!

You're right, Drubzie. I don't know what I was thinking.

hey Bucksie, I'll make sure to give you a nice looooong heads up before I come after you next time.

jameslongst

Strategos
You're right, Drubzie. I don't know what I was thinking.

hey Bucksie, I'll make sure to give you a nice looooong heads up before I come after you next time.
He came to you....Nansie.

You guys were very very tuff tho, taking him out. Big men...big team. Another mighty victory by Gold. We are all very impressed down here. Consider your small Johnson compensation successful for now.

Wow pot calling kettle comes to mind.

This coming from a basement dweller who has spent his whole time on Grepo making himself and alliance look foolish by posting on the externals.
This guy abandoned his team as soon as we came under attack. You guys should have seen him run.

Its good you did run Lurksalot. The battles we have seen since make Sinope look like a day at the beach. You wouldnt have made it. You just dont have what it takes to be True Fear, and that's okay.

Last edited:

DeletedUser52860

He came to you....Nansie.

You guys were very very tuff tho, taking him out. Big men...big team. Another mighty victory by Gold. We are all very impressed down here. Consider your small Johnson compensation successful for now.

God man, you talk drivel. I mean it could only be one of two things really:

1. You are just bitter that other people can afford to spend more money than you? It's a game that operates on "in-game purchases" so surely it is a logical step that if you are committed to playing it it is completely fair to spend what you can afford on it. which would mean your constant going on about big gold spenders actually indicate that you actually have insecurities about the size of your own "Johnson"

2. You are obviously just much cooler than the rest of us so you decide to spend all of your money on fast cars, beautiful women and "off the hook" champagne hot tub parties instead. But surely if this was the case then you wouldn't have such ingrained "Johnson" envy for those who do spend on the game, you'd just put your arm around that playboy model next to you and pour another glass of crystal.
Or perhaps you hope that if you keep constantly whining on about it, year after year, server after server, that eventually the bigger boys will take pity on you and hand you a server so you can stop being such an architect of failure?

1saaa

Strategos
so i have been taking a back seat in these debates recently with a nice cup of popcorn :)

but i feel like i do have to say that Hugs success does not only come from coin. the alliance is also exceptionally well coordinated and organised. i feel like blaming losing cities due to gold abuse is rarely a valid excuse but despite that i am sure that almost all of us are guilty of blaming a loss on gold abuse. but gold alone does not win a war.

there are also two other factors that you need to put into consideration.

the first one is the coordination/ communication of the attacking and defending alliances. a well coordinated alliance will time clearing attacks effectively with nothing larger than a five second interval. this makes its especially difficult to snipe CS's. this is another reason why Hug this is doing so well. from my conversation with Thizzle nearer the start of Leontini he told me that in order to join fail skype was a requirement. i imagine it is the same with this server. the use of skype probably allows for faster coordination between Hug this players meaning colony ships are rarely a few seconds away from clearing attacks. this means that alliances have to be really good at communicating stack sizes, incoming attacks and CS's with each other.

the second factor leading to hugs success is the pure mass of troops they contain. any alliance can build a lot of troops and send them smacking at another all at once. gold only means that those troops are built faster. but any free to play player can still get nukes. it just takes them much longer to rebuild. by not hitting back at hugs (which i am not saying is easy) we have allowed them to build up a huge amount of offensive material meaning that they can just keep on sending and rebuilding. its like cycle attacking. imagine three guys fighting one guy. but instead of all three fighting him at once they are going one on one and when one of the three guys gets tired (in this analogy the nuke gets depleted) then the next guy steps in (a fresh new nuke that has been rebuilt). the cycle continues until the one guy gets to tired to fight anymore. this is what i think hugs may be doing. cycling their nukes around allows them afford to rebuild nukes at a slower pace and with less gold invested. or (back to the analogy) all three guys (nukes) can charge the one guy at the same time. this also is an effective strategy as it is a rare man who can take three on at once. the only way to really stop this cycle is to try and kill the nukes whilst they are being rebuilt. and then that is where coin comes in :)

so to summarise this long post essentially what i have done is speculated about the internal structure of hugs (what could go wrong).

i am not saying that they are all free 2 play. but the two tactics i have listed above (coordination/ communication and mass attacks/ cycle attacks) may also be a benefit to hugs success. the second one is mostly speculation and they could just all rebuild nukes using gold but if you don't rebuild nukes using gold that may be an effective strategy (i don't know though so don't sew me :p).

of course their is no denying that coin probably helps a lot.

Rachel.L

Phrourach
yeah but even with coin, you have to know when and where to use it best... that means some skill is involved
so just saying you out-golded me is not an excuse
if you beat me, you beat me
if a team is lying, cheating or stealing, then yell and holler
otherwise, get on with the game

edit: just so there's no misunderstanding, @1saaa, agreeing with you
"you" is not you

DeletedUser38766

Okay trying this one out as well so here ya go :)

Top 6

1)Hug This - My own team, won´t comment much. Leadership is best of the best and players here astonishing as well :)

2)True Fear/Fiasco united - Ya know, it´s hard to judge if i haven´t seen whats going on inside the alliance(the structure etc) or haven´t played revolt setting for ages(to know players and premades).

However, nothing from them haven´t impressed me so far. Mainly based in O45/55 border. Losing wars against Hug this currently 0-35, 1-4 to Mad Dogs and winning against Alecta Nemesis 7-4.
Holding on second spot with overall fight points.

They got some very good snipers as i´ve seen so far and lots of respect to the former SDASU players for putting up fight. Since its slow world, they might have a chance, depends on how well they gonna do against AN since going west plan won´t be easy either. If i´m correct then they have NAP or pact with NONAME which was a poor move in my opinion. FLOAT

Ending it with this one :)

3)NONAME/NONAME. - So this is a team which is 50 percent premade and 50 percent MRA? I mean it´s good somehow because y´all giving a chance for newer players to learn this game and lots of respect for mentoring them.

However i´m very confused of their actions so far. Who are they actually fighting? They are main power in O55. Losing against Hug This 0-11 so far even tho they haven´t focused against NN latly but other than that??? What about Mercenaries? Infinite Army? Are y´all there really gonna hug this out? That´s not how you want to mentor the newer blood in my opinion and it slows down the growth drastically and you will make this world very very boring for yourselves. I heard you have NAP or pact with True fear as well? This is crazy amigos and not cool at all. Leadership, Get your **** together and start playing!!!

Anyway, holding 3rd spot with overall fight points so they must do something. FLOAT

4)Alecta Nemesis - They are pretty decent looking bunch, probably a premade from some other world?

O45 based and seems they mainly fight against True fear right now. Holding very close second spot in the ocean and currently losing war against True Fair 4-7(which means nothing yet). Gonna be interesting to see how it works out in the future :). Holding on 4th spot with overall fight points. FLOAT

5)Oblivion - Yet again another decent looking bunch based on O44 however they haven´t been tested by Hug this yet. Holding the first spot in the ocean and currently have a main war against Mad Dogs which they are winning 8-0(not bad, not bad :D). FLOAT

6)MAD DOGS - O44 based bunch but ohh well y´all probably not gonna be around much longer. Losing wars against Oblivion 0-8 and Hug this 0-23. Sorry to say but its gonna be a SINK.

This is gonna be top 6 from me only cause simply in my opinion the rest 7-12 all gonna sink(i hope i´m wrong tho)!

DeletedUser52215

NONAME:
NAP with Mercanaries, Pacts with Infinite guys, apparently something with TF/Fiasco...

Anyone else in 55 you want to hug with?

1saaa

Strategos
yeah but even with coin, you have to know when and where to use it best... that means some skill is involved
so just saying you out-golded me is not an excuse
if you beat me, you beat me
if a team is lying, cheating or stealing, then yell and holler
otherwise, get on with the game

edit: just so there's no misunderstanding, @1saaa, agreeing with you
"you" is not you
i completely agree. gold when used poorly is one of the most humorous things in this game (funnier than reading a WHG MM to your entire alliance).

Raydium88

Strategos
Can't say I'm not a bit offended :D i hope to prove you wrong :)

I hope so too. Mostly because finding competition who can find a balance between respect and adversity is rare these days.

And brown nosing aside, you aren't entirely wrong when it comes to gold use. As I've said before, we use gold. Not all, but much like on any team some of us gold. But the bulk of our success isn't measured by whether we have deep wallets or not. Hence, I am not insulted if James believes we have an inferiority "little man's" complex lol... I know what sets a team apart :) The clue is in the word... But I won't lecture him or anyone on how to manage/run an alliance. Cause, now THAT would be insulting lol.

DeletedUser6812

A bit of propaganda in here, but just just a bit of fun :) so please dont get too salty.

1. Hug Thizz - Swim
33usyv8.jpg

2. True Fear - Sink

2vljewg.jpg

3. Alecta Nemesis - Float
122l0uw.jpg

4. No Name, oops sorry NONAME... must not forget the CAPS, it makes them better! - Float
xgek3a.jpg

5. Oblivion - Swim
5yhmah.jpg

6. MAD DOGS - Sink
2j2x82x.jpg

DeletedUser52274

This guy abandoned his team as soon as we came under attack. You guys should have seen him run.

Its good you did run Lurksalot. The battles we have seen since make Sinope look like a day at the beach. You wouldnt have made it. You just dont have what it takes to be True Fear, and that's okay.

Oh dear James as usual you live in your own little fantasy world where everything you say is right and you are never wrong.

The events you talk about in Sinope are so for from the truth that you wouldn't know the truth if it smacked you in the face.

The battles you have had don't make me laugh. How many worlds have you runaway to populate Ocean 25 thinking you can win and be safe there. How successful has that been for you.

If you hadn't joined forces with the remains of TLB you alliance wouldn't be what it is today. And what I hear about your merging and running branches in this world was never the True Fear way.

Best thing I ever did was leave True Fear cause your ideas of leadership leave a lot to be desired.

You are just another keyboard warrior who loves to overinflate his small ego by seeking attention on the externals, just a sad individual with no life.

My apolgises Magick as this has slightly moved off topic.

1saaa

Strategos
A bit of propaganda in here, but just just a bit of fun :) so please dont get too salty.

6. MAD DOGS - Sink
2j2x82x.jpg

okay okay. i get the hint. i need to make swimming lessons compulsory in MAD DOGS :D

I hope so too. Mostly because finding competition who can find a balance between respect and adversity is rare these days.

And brown nosing aside, you aren't entirely wrong when it comes to gold use. As I've said before, we use gold. Not all, but much like on any team some of us gold. But the bulk of our success isn't measured by whether we have deep wallets or not. Hence, I am not insulted if James believes we have an inferiority "little man's" complex lol... I know what sets a team apart :) The clue is in the word... But I won't lecture him or anyone on how to manage/run an alliance. Cause, now THAT would be insulting lol.

I'm going to take the first part as a compliment?

i suppose for your leaders (Thizzle mostly because he is the only one i have actually PMed with (sorry to any hug this leader i have Pmed with without realising)). it is a combination between respect and fear...

as for you Ray... Well, your funny i guess ;)

pgalland25

Strategos
I don’t normally post on the externals, but at this point, I actually feel a little bad for .magick., so hopefully this gets this thread back on track. Bear with me, the map function on grepointel is not working, so I’m having to go off memory as to where everyone is positioned. I've had enough arguing about trivial things, so here goes:

1) Hug This – Very strong team, obviously experienced and well organized. Respect, you have put us in o44 through the wringer the last several weeks. The top 5-10 attackers are truly terrifying, the following 5-10 are still above average. The remaining members have been very quiet (or non-existent) on the western front. Not sure whether they are busy out east, or just cultivating cities that have been handed off by the real fighters (it is domination after all.) Swim.

2) True Fear – My own alliance so I will abstain.

3) Alecta Nemesis – I do not have much first-hand experience with AN just yet, but they appear to have a handful of good players. The tussle between TF and AN appears to be the most evenly matched and probably most intriguing confrontation on the server currently. TF has more cities and more points in o45, but AN has a higher average points per city. Still a very tight race for o45 with the tally being 7-4 in TF favor. This could go either way long term but I am going to have to put my money on my own team. Float.

4) NONAME – An alliance I have had little to no interaction with so far on the server. On paper they look fairly decent, the undisputed ruler of o55, #2 defenders and #4 attackers. Fairly linear growth over the past several weeks, although it would appear, they have been mostly internalizing and picking on smaller alliances to sustain growth. Decent core, still a bit spread out. I fear that they may hit some hard times if Hug This decides to head south and Mercenaries start chipping away at their backside. Swim.

5) Oblivion – Here is a team I am much more familiar with, these guys are the better parts of what used to be The Elite Demons. They are an up and coming team and have some pretty good fighters. Mostly just picking off smaller alliances and hitting Mad Dogs weak links so far. They appear to be migrating towards Hug This, so I assume very shortly their grit will be tested. #1 in o44 by a very thin margin, followed up closely by Hug This. I am confident however that if Hug This pays them the same amount of attention they have given us ex SDSU members in o44, it will be over before it starts. Sink.

6) MAD DOGS – Where to start… Spread out all across o44 and not the most organized bunch. They are a resilient group of fellas, but I expect the MD sandwich between Hug This from the east and Oblivion from the west to eventually overwhelm them. Their all defense and little to no offense strategy will work to their benefit in this particular scenario, but I do not see a positive outcome here for you guys long term. I’m sorry 1saaa, but I’m gonna have to give you a Float/Sink.

7) Wargasm – I know literally nothing about this crew, but props to you guys for still being alive in o54. I’m not sure how you guys have managed to fly under the radar this long, out on the rim I am guessing, away from Hug This target areas (grepomaps is not working so I cannot verify positioning.) With that being said, if Hug This decides that they like your cities, I don’t think there is anything you can do about it. Sink.

8) Mercenaries – They appear to be disgruntled ex-Fiasco United members who set out on their own after the departure of NutsNBoltz. I recognize a few names on their roster, but I don’t like their chances being in the same ocean as NN and friends. Unless of course, they join the o55 coalition, in which case they can live peacefully bottom feeding. Float.

9-12 I am not going to bother with, I think it’s fairly safe to assume none of them are even remotely in the running for victory this server. Sink.

Cheers guys, I hope you enjoyed my personal analysis/breakdown. I’m always around here somewhere lurking if you have any questions or concerns. Not here to argue with anybody, but am always down for a constructive conversation.

Last edited:

Raydium88

Strategos
Bear with me, the map function on grepointel is not working, so I’m having to go off memory as to where everyone is positioned.

Use grepolife instead, it includes a working map function. Since Intel is hardly updated at all, maps and stats there are really unreliable. And nice top 12!

1saaa

Strategos
I don’t normally post on the externals, but at this point, I actually feel a little bad for .magick., so hopefully this gets this thread back on track. Bear with me, the map function on grepointel is not working, so I’m having to go off memory as to where everyone is positioned. I've had enough arguing about trivial things, so here goes:

6) MAD DOGS – Where to start… Spread out all across o44 and not the most organized bunch. They are a resilient group of fellas, but I expect the MD sandwich between Hug This from the east and Oblivion from the west to eventually overwhelm them. Their all defense and little to no offense strategy will work to their benefit in this particular scenario, but I do not see a positive outcome here for you guys long term. I’m sorry 1saaa, but I’m gonna have to give you a Float/Sink.

I am also down for a constructive conversation.

so onto your comments about my team... third top 12 today when we have been given a sink rating :D so i decided to look up some clever statistic about how most dogs can swim strongly but as it turns out all most dogs can do is a basic doggy paddle and that won't keep the afloat forever. soooooooo i guess dogs can't swim then :(

DeletedUser56122

So much good stuff here...

I am making gold on both 114 and 115, in 3 different oceans on both these worlds. Where the flipping hell are you guys trading then? En96? Oh please. Theres no way youre not making anything when putting in a bit of effort.

EDIT: Right after posting this, I refreshed my game on 115. And look at what I got?
e2cb6aa8068d12d097029a3fdc3b0edf.png

1 - accusations against Huggers for outgolding other alliances... well, Bucks isn't in our oceans (see point 2) and its been implied if not outright stated that TF doesn't gold heavily... Well... someone(s) in O45 sure must be...

2 - He claims he sat there for 5 minutes straight refreshing and refreshing... He's got time to do that, but no time to defend a frontline city... even though he had 12 hours to prepare a defense? Priorities...